GAMEDAY: Rd 14 vs St. Kilda

Freddy Fuschia

Until we can replicate what the cats did last night we will never play finals let alone win a flag. Cats showed how their leaders & strong culture can turn things around & change the outcome. Don’t rate their coach and reckon their culture & leaders dictate their results. 

Edited by Hogan2014

I am worried about their ruck duo taking on a returning Gawn on his own. I am also worried about their run from half back and whether we have in a week learnt how to defend the rebound. Out backline should stand up well as long as our quality mids play with intensity and spread (both ways). Feel this will be a game of who wins the clearances and takes their chances. 

Strong words from goody in the presser, like most a bit confused with the inclusion of omac and Wagner. I guess we are covering off the bases on their tall forwards but I can really see the small forwards winning this game for them. Weirdly enough the saints get very little amount of i50. Perhaps goody is just trying to control to air and stem the influence of the small forwards by not letting the ball hit the ground. Our mids have a huge job to ensure their defencive game is on point to limit the run into the forward 50 and rush high kicks where may and lever can have a field day.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Beetle said:

I have slab and a brand spanking 100 pack of pins all ready to go into my eyes tonight at 7.40. 

Should be a ripper.

You’ll be already blinded by the slab. Save the pins for a voodoo doll of your choice...

4 hours ago, Freddy Fuschia said:

Melbourne doesn’t do 8 point games very well but it will have to if it wants to remain a contender.

Simple as that.

FWIW .... correct spelling is fuchsia. The plant was named after German botanist Leonhart Fuchs (1501–1566).

Useless fact #432

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deeoldfart said:

In my 'glass half full' way, I'm clinging to the hope that our relatively good history at Traeger Park will get us over the line.  The glass is developing a small crack.

I’m thinking a glass half empty is looking pretty good 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

We need to put on loads of pressure 1 on 1 to be any chance. And lower the eyes going i50. Let them get the ball outside easily and we are done for the the year. Blind Freddie can see this

hey Moonie pass on to Good win will you please

• Demonland changed the title to GAMEDAY: Rd 14 vs St. Kilda

Feels like one of those games we might just pull out. Supporters down on selection, down on the coach, players challenged to respond during the week... 

It would be very 'Melbourne' to win this week and have our finals hopes dashed by Sydney next week. I do hope this isn't the case and still believe we can put together a good block of form pre-finals like in 2018. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

As we all know ....... lose this and that's 2020 done and dusted................ yet another wasted year.

I am neither enthused nor encouraged by team selection but that's who is going to represent the Red and Blue today so like others, I will be barracking with my usual well lubricated gusto.

I will enjoy humble pie if we beat the Aints.

Two serves for me if Spargo plays well

• Haha 1

Well.... I can’t wait for the game. First quarter will tell us a lot, get in there and smash some bodies. Saw Dangerfield throw his body on the line late last night to get the Cats home. Come on Vin, set the tone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

Bit of a cryptic message there coach?

Got told earlier today that I would make a good politician! Just keeping up the theme ?

guess what I’m saying is that I 100% want us to win, but if we loose I hope it’s ugly because hard decisions are easier to make when we get thrashed than if it’s an “honorable loss”

I will be interested to see how much the crowd up there supports us tonight. Though we have played numerous home games up there it always seemed like we were the away team with spectators. I can’t remember if we played the Saints up there but it will be a kick in the guts if we don’t get a clear majority of the support.

Edited by america de cali

We have to bring the work rate, back up run and pressure.

If we don’t win tonight we won’t make a dent in the finals anyway.

If we win it’s back on track.

2 minutes ago, america de cali said:

I will be interested to see how much the crowd up there supports us tonight. Though we have played numerous home games up there it always seemed like we were the away team with spectators. I can’t remember if we played the Saints up there but it will be a kick in the guts if we don’t get a clear majority of the support.

The idea that we had NT support was always a furphy