MFC Strategic Plan for Next 4 Years

Engorged Onion

Potential list Re ages,  entering the 2023 AFL season.

32|Brown
31|Melks,Gawn-,May--,VdB--
30|TMac-,Benne
29|Tomli,Hanna
28|Viney,JWagn,
27|Salem,Harme,Petra,Brays,Langd,Lever,Hore-,OMac-,Hunt-,Preus,Kolod,Neal-,Lockh,Smith
26|Frits
25|Olive,CWag-,Weide
24|Baker
23|Petty,Sparg,Chand
22|Niets,Bedfo,Bradt,Sparr,Dunkl,Jordo
21|Jacks,Picke,River

Here, this shows what our list could look like come 3 years time.  And so how we should look at using our players,  to ready them for this time,  which I think will be our best time to strike.

Edited by MyFavouriteMartian
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

The way global warming is melting the  ice caps Melbourne City might be underwater Casey will be a Harbour City

And Rosebud and Sorrento might just be all washed away, to the open Bass Straight.  Allowing the full current 6 foot tidal flow which occurs outside the Heads, (+ any sea rise from now on) in & out of the Bay.  Currently the bay only ever half fills and half empties. A 3 foot tidal difference, high to low.

Everything would then change around Melbourne, and all facilities would want to be more than 3Mtrs above current high tide marks.

Edited by MyFavouriteMartian

10 hours ago, MyFavouriteMartian said:

And Rosebud and Sorrento might just be all washed away, to the open Bass Straight.  Allowing the full current 6 foot tidal flow which occurs outside the Heads, (+ any sea rise from now on) in & out of the Bay.  Currently the bay only ever half fills and half empties. A 3 foot tidal difference, high to low.

Everything would then change around Melbourne, and all facilities would want to be more than 3Mtrs above current high tide marks.

Nice right and left hand breaks off Greens Point.

Edited by Fifty-5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Dee Watcher said:

We might be heading into another ice age by the time the Demons get a facility in the MCG precinct.

Yep last one finished 12000 years ago when  you could have walked to Tassie

A mere blink in geological time. 

13 hours ago, MyFavouriteMartian said:

Potential list Re ages,  entering the 2023 AFL season.

32|Brown
31|Melks,Gawn-,May--,VdB--
30|TMac-,Benne
29|Tomli,Hanna
28|Viney,JWagn,
27|Salem,Harme,Petra,Brays,Langd,Lever,Hore-,OMac-,Hunt-,Preus,Kolod,Neal-,Lockh,Smith
26|Frits
25|Olive,CWag-,Weide
24|Baker
23|Petty,Sparg,Chand
22|Niets,Bedfo,Bradt,Sparr,Dunkl,Jordo
21|Jacks,Picke,River

Here, this shows what our list could look like come 3 years time.  And so how we should look at using our players,  to ready them for this time,  which I think will be our best time to strike.

Thanks and Great job on this FMF. Very interesting and says if things go OK the group in their prime of 27/28/29 will be/could be formidable maybe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2020 at 7:51 AM, Cards13 said:

You must have had a big laugh then.

I will give one thing to your average Melbourne supporter.  Though still quite gullible (Szondy Man United; Bartlett's 40 year plan; Barassi's 5 year plan; Scully over-training), and quite willing to feast on regurgitation from the club, the average MFC supporter has definitely made progress on their collective senses-of-humour.

For a private school elite cullture (Hello Skevs), we really are just emerging from the woods from a perspective of sorting out the poo from the clay, in relation to club announcements, training services announcements, sports science announcements, and anything to do with government policy on trickle down economics and climate change.  However, our ability to jest is on an upward trend; and the trend is your friend, according to our next coach.

pTGR

Edited by TGR

15 hours ago, President Dee Trump said:

With our current list it’ll most likely be bottom four and a wooden spoon in the next four years.

Trump you are still crapping on with fake news like your counterpart

Perhsos a 14 day quarantine might rejoice the positive vibes for the Dees 

• 1 year later...
On 2/17/2020 at 7:40 PM, Engorged Onion said:

D4C864CB-BC5E-4E9B-9B4B-9FD033B0DB07.jpeg

Bit of a bump.

Still some question marks on Melbourne Home Base.

But they've ticked off 1 AFL Premiership which will hopefully boost #2 #3 and #4

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

AFL men's Premiership tick! 😁 Although we need to win another one at the MCG too!

I also think we are a very good chance of winning an AFLW Premiership having recruited Tayla Harris to the Demons. I think the women will be inspired to want to win a Flag now that the men have.

However, the main priority needs to get this Home Base for the Melbourne Football Club built on top of Car Park F in the Olympic Park precinct next to Gosch's Paddock.

Once, we have our Home Base built for the Melbourne Football Club I will be a lot more confident about the future.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tiers said:

Only ambition 1. counts. The rest will follow if we get it right. And we have..

I think I get what you are trying to say and I agree that this outcome is the one that we all actually care about. But actually 1 would be a result of measurable improvements to 2,3,4 and 5. For instance our recent season result has been heavily influenced by getting the right players and coaches to the club (3) and training out at Casey which has a better sized ground for working on our defensive structures (5)

On 2/17/2020 at 11:49 PM, Mach5 said:

I’d love some detail on how the club plans to achieve these lofty targets.

At the moment I have no confidence in them getting even close, based on what I know they think will get them there.

Just more fluff sadly.

Tell us why you despise the CEO Mach….

• Like 1

We had the list but not the Vision or Belief, management provided the Vision, the coaches and players had to build the belief, the players drove the belief and all of a sudden our club achieve the first of our Aims, Goals and Targets. If we can keep this group together we could achieve them all. 💙❤️