Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Kennedy Harris was spudding it up at Casey today. Showing Goodwin what he really is like. Wagner had a very good game. I just don’t ever see him translate it at AFL level. Baker had some good moments today. 

JKH has been named in Casey's best for pretty much a month straight by the club's own staff, including today.

Deserves a shot based on that, despite previous AFL performances, as that's what competition for spots is meant to be about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Kennedy Harris was spudding it up at Casey today. Showing Goodwin what he really is like. Wagner had a very good game. I just don’t ever see him translate it at AFL level. Baker had some good moments today. 

Yes Baker is a very good prospect for us. I would rather Kennedy Harris than ANB. Wagner was good and Jordan and Bedford will be players if we give them time to develop. Bradke also may be a find but needs a good few years to quietly develop.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade GUS!   I don't think so.  He has the yips  however he will need to regroup like many of our personnel in the side and kickstart after another preseason and be prepared mentally for 2020.  Gus is a professional and at the top of his game is a key weapon in the midfield.

Gus was injured today and most likely had to run out a corky in the butt and he was on the ground for a good 20 seconds. 

Maybe he needs a spell.  Why would you want to trade him ?  Who would you get ?   Is he going to be a better pickup?  NOT LIKELY. 

Bring this thread to the fore in 2020 if you need to. Lets wait and see what happens. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nosoupforme said:

Trade GUS!   I don't think so.  He has the yips  however he will need to regroup like many of our personnel in the side and kickstart after another preseason and be prepared mentally for 2020.  Gus is a professional and at the top of his game is a key weapon in the midfield.

Gus was injured today and most likely had to run out a corky in the butt and he was on the ground for a good 20 seconds. 

Maybe he needs a spell.  Why would you want to trade him ?  Who would you get ?   Is he going to be a better pickup?  NOT LIKELY. 

Bring this thread to the fore in 2020 if you need to. Lets wait and see what happens. 

Hey mate, have a read of the OP. I know the context might seem different at the moment, but the original suggestion is that we look at trading a very good player to get another very good player(s) who could fill our desperate need for outside mids. It's not a thread designed to suggest trading him because he's no good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't trade him, but his defensive game is weak and a big problem. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not trade him. But he looks like he has mentally checked out.

Some have short memories, at his best last year Brayshaw was up there with one of the best midfielders of the game.

Needs a HUGE pre season to get his mind back on task.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to know what’s wrong with him and how fixable it is. How do you go from 3rd in the Brownlow to this? As inexplicable as going from 4th to 16th....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I would not trade him. But he looks like he has mentally checked out.

Some have short memories, at his best last year Brayshaw was up there with one of the best midfielders of the game.

Needs a HUGE pre season to get his mind back on task.

2018 is overrated as far as Brayshaw goes. Im a fan but he thinks he is far better than he is. At times I saw him on Dunkley today he looked completely lost. Brayshaw could do with a stint in Casey reserves.

Edited by ThreeOneSix
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Hey mate, have a read of the OP. I know the context might seem different at the moment, but the original suggestion is that we look at trading a very good player to get another very good player(s) who could fill our desperate need for outside mids. It's not a thread designed to suggest trading him because he's no good.

I have read your OP and l can understand your reasoning. In my opinion,  Gus is  a valuable  asset and Whitfield l would say is out of our reach and that goes for many other clubs as well.

  Lever May and Whitfield and a host of our mains stayers  we might be juggling with the salary cap so to speak.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ThreeOneSix said:

2018 is overrated as far as Brayshaw goes. Im a fan but he thinks he is far better than he is. At times I saw him on Dunkley today he looked completely lost. Brayshaw could do with a stint in Casey reserves.

Overrated? So he fluked the whole thing?

He is going through what every other gun player go through in their career and thats a form slump. This is a huge learning curve for him. 

He is a 23 year old who has just ticked over 74 games. Lets at least wait until he hits 25 years old with 100 games under his belt hey?

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need better Coaches to drive a higher level of excellence 

These Kids have all been recruited from the same pathways. Our Coaches are not up to it

17 Clubs did Homework on us last Summer. Meth Coke did it in September and we have completely fallen over as a Club. 

That comes back to the Teachers. 

All the Assistants should walk after Round 23....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has a player ever gone from 20 Brownlow votes to 0 the next season and yet still played all 22 games? If not, Brayshaw will be the first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sorry kids said:

Jordan and Bedford will be players

Jordon will be...

Bedford needs to get to the right spots. I'm not sure you learn that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, monoccular said:

or play him in his best position, the guts

Agree ...we have some very bizarre ideas emanating  from the box.

Gus is a mid. It's  not really that hard...you'd think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brayshaw is very obviously carrying an injury, and has been the same all season. 

My guess( and it is only that) is the old OP.  Look how slow he was moving into the open goal, when run down by Dunkley.  This is not a player who is down on form, he is just struggling to run.

For those who think he should be in the middle, think why Jordan Lewis is playing in there instead.  He can run with others at the moment, or more to the point is better able to run with opposition mids than Brayshaw. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Brayshaw is very obviously carrying an injury, and has been the same all season. 

My guess( and it is only that) is the old OP.  Look how slow he was moving into the open goal, when run down by Dunkley.  This is not a player who is down on form, he is just struggling to run.

For those who think he should be in the middle, think why Jordan Lewis is playing in there instead.  He can run with others at the moment, or more to the point is better able to run with opposition mids than Brayshaw. 

George  you may well be right.  If so..maybe he ought  not be playing  at all at the moment  .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

George  you may well be right.  If so..maybe he ought  not be playing  at all at the moment  .

Neither should Hannan, ANB and a host of others like Lockhart, Dunkley, even Petty who should be at Casey being developed.  But we have NO-ONE capable to come in to replace from Casey. Only 6 players out of 10 AFL listed in their side yesterday had played an AFL game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Brayshaw is very obviously carrying an injury, and has been the same all season. 

My guess( and it is only that) is the old OP.  Look how slow he was moving into the open goal, when run down by Dunkley.  This is not a player who is down on form, he is just struggling to run.

For those who think he should be in the middle, think why Jordan Lewis is playing in there instead.  He can run with others at the moment, or more to the point is better able to run with opposition mids than Brayshaw. 

That would raise the question then of management (yet again).

If he has been carrying an injury all year, then why play him when we have JKH, C.Wagner, Baker and more recently Maynard all in good enough form to warrant selection and play his role? And if we're using Lewis as part of the scenario, why wasn't he in the team for a month?

Whether he's out of form or injured, he shouldn't be playing either way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Neither should Hannan, ANB and a host of others like Lockhart, Dunkley, even Petty who should be at Casey being developed.  But we have NO-ONE capable to come in to replace from Casey. Only 6 players out of 10 AFL listed in their side yesterday had played an AFL game.

it begs a question:

Do you run someone into the ground ...or simply play some lucky kid who'll probably get thrashed...but might not.

From my cheap seats it's irresponsible in terms of player management to play Brayshaw if he is so afflicted atm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Neither should Hannan, ANB and a host of others like Lockhart, Dunkley, even Petty who should be at Casey being developed.  But we have NO-ONE capable to come in to replace from Casey. Only 6 players out of 10 AFL listed in their side yesterday had played an AFL game.

He ought not be playing simply because he's bloody useless...the others are a different issue I guess

Edited by beelzebub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Overrated? So he fluked the whole thing?

He is going through what every other gun player go through in their career and thats a form slump. This is a huge learning curve for him. 

He is a 23 year old who has just ticked over 74 games. Lets at least wait until he hits 25 years old with 100 games under his belt hey?

Brayshaw was solid to good in 2018. A third in a brownlow turned what was a good year, to many calling it a great year, resulting in Brayshaw being overrated. I like the kid and wouldnt trade him, but he has a lot of ground to make up. He looks slow, weak, disinterested, lazy and has been a turn over merchant of late. Are you suggesting we overlook his deficiencies and give him leniency because he is 23 years old?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ThreeOneSix said:

Brayshaw was solid to good in 2018. A third in a brownlow turned what was a good year, to many calling it a great year, resulting in Brayshaw being overrated. I like the kid and wouldnt trade him, but he has a lot of ground to make up. He looks slow, weak, disinterested, lazy and has been a turn over merchant of late. Are you suggesting we overlook his deficiencies and give him leniency because he is 23 years old?

No....but maybe laying off the kid may help. DL have a habit of finding a kicking dog. Now that Omac is not AFL and Watts is gone, and Petracca has shown a bit,  we have to cast our eyes around.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

if Brad Hill & Ed Langdon are gettable, then we simply must put Brayshaw and pick 20 on the table. Maybe something coming back.

 

Put emotions aside, need to address deficiencies and make a big call. Goody has made the call already anyway with Oliver, Viney & harmes in the middle.

Edited by John Demonic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There is merit in it, but he isnt on his own in having an ordinary season.. most of them have. We will have pick 2 or 3 you would think,  we add them, we trade and draft smart we have a chance to climb again next year. 

There is aplayer on the list tat the moment, ANB that is by far the worst player to have played nearly 70 games for the MFC. It sounds harsh, and i know  he might try and might be a popular kid, but he does not have one redeeming football feature about him. Its a travesty that he gets a game. If the MFC decide to keep ANB on the list and delist Garlett then im done. and they will.. so im likey done. 

Also bringing Jetta back so soon was sign of desperation and sadly consistent stupidity. The end is coming very quickly for Nev like Jones. The game is too quick.

Brayshaw is a concern, but we have plenty of them, we should be getting rid of the no good, and getting the good to improve. If 

Edited by Demon3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   2 members

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    COOKED by The Oracle

    I can vividly remember when the Demons ventured onto Blundstone Arena for the first time in early 2016 only to lose to the Kangaroos by 20.11.131 to 21.10.136.    Melbourne was then a team on the up and up: young, enthusiastic and bold. It gave up a huge quarter time deficit after kicking against a strong wind but made that up by half time and fell dramatically short after an exciting high scoring affair.  The team lost no fans that day - they were willing to take the game on and attac

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    HELP by KC rom Casey

    The Casey Demons finished off their home and away season against Frankston at Skybus Stadium on Sunday with a narrow, unconvincing 6-point victory that left the door slightly open for a top eight berth when the VFL finals begin in a fortnight’s time. While sunny skies prevailed over Frankston in the morning, the skies became overcast by noon and heavy waves pounded the bay nearby as the rains came in to greet the players as the game started. And conditions stayed dark and dreary for the rem

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS by George on the Outer

    Thanks, but no thanks! In a round where the club was supposed to thank their fans for the support during the year, the Melbourne Football Club chose to do otherwise with a 53 point loss to a team that sat 15th on the ladder.  Don’t give us cheap jumpers that can’t be sold in the Demon shop.  Don’t give us vouchers to shop there, give us something on the field, which is why we come to the football in the first place. It was a disgraceful performance, which started with a disgracefu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SLEEP OUT AT THE MCG by The Oracle

    Around about 12 months ago Melbourne and Sydney fought out an epic battle between two top eight teams fighting for the best possible ladder position in the lead up to the finals. The Swans triumphed by 9 points at the MCG after the Demons came back from five goals down at three quarter time. But for its poor kicking for goal, Melbourne might well have won the game and finished in the top four. Who knows what might then have happened for the club in September? As a consequence, the person re

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by KC from Casey

    Two clubs that have been hard hit by injury recently took part in a dour battle under dark clouds and, with intermittent showers falling, it wasn’t a pretty game at Victoria Park on Sunday. Despite all that, the Casey Demons added a little ray of sunshine to their day to get the job done over a "traditional" rival with a 15 point victory over Collingwood VFL that breathed life back into their season. There were a few highlights at the ground that in past days has seen many titanic batt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE RETRO ROUND by George on the Outer

    We have seen it all before… Yes, a wonderful idea to showcase what used to be in football.  Big crowds, umpires who knew how to apply the rules and not opinions, high marks, skilful players. But for the Melbourne supporters their retro is what it has been like for the past 10 years. Losing games, end on end, year after year.  Opportunities squandered in front of goal. VFL standard players running around at the MCG. Just more of the same, and the game against Collingwood was no ex

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Thanks to Demonlanders for their input into this week’s preview. Ralphius Maximus is short and bittersweet: We'll crack in at the bounce to create a contest, win our share of the ball, butcher the forward movement and get scored on easily from the intercepts. Not that hard to predict. Big Demon says: Unfortunately Collingwood will win because they have a lot more to play for. We will be good in parts but really the season is well over so we will have to put up with those bell

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHAT, NO BLOOD? by George on the Outer

    The feeling when turning up to the MCG on a Saturday night to play a top four side in Richmond, while the Melbourne sits cemented in close proximity to the bottom of the table is like attending the Colosseum in Ancient Roman times. The expectation is that a bloodbath is about to occur. There are 100,000 Richmond members and 50,000 Melbourne members, and despite the fact that it turned out to be a wet night after half-time, a crowd of only 37K bothered to turn up. That should never have happ

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    A MAN’S ERRAND by KC from Casey

    A young and undermanned Casey Demons were sent out on Saturday to the Swinburne Centre in the shadows of the MCG on a man’s errand against a very experienced Richmond VFL combination which is the clear ladder leader and fielded no less than 18 AFL listed players. It was expected to be a rout and the Tigers made easy work of it in the early stages when they held a 26 point lead by quarter time. To their credit however, the Demons weathered the storm and kept their opponents within the range

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THAT’S FOOTBALL by Whispering Jack

    As the season rolls on towards the finals and the football world witnesses the aftermath of the sacking of the league’s unsuccessful coaches, it’s almost  inevitable that the spotlight will turn firmly upon the complete and utter failure of season 2019 - the Melbourne Football Club.  For a team that finished in fourth place last year and was heavily touted as a premiership contender, the fall from grace has been dramatic. As things stand, the Demons look certain to finish 13 places down on

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE MOMENT OF TRUTH IS COMING by KC from Casey

    At half time in Sunday’s game at Trevor Barker Beach Oval, things weren’t looking too flash for the flailing finals prospects of the Casey Demons. Key forward Sam Weideman had suffered a concussion in his first contest and, with a few exceptions, the team was playing like a rabble rather than a finals contender. The Demons were 23 points in arrears to the Zebras and their season was headed towards oblivion. It was the skipper Mitch White who spurred his team on by word and by deed - he fini

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    RIPPING THE HEART OUT by George on the Outer

    And BOG for St. Kilda in last night’s game at Marvel Stadium? It was Melbourne!  This brilliant contributor managed to be the initiator of 13.7 in turnovers for the side, and resulted in a come from behind victory for the mighty Saints. That’s it folks, Melbourne have set a new record for the most turnovers resulting in opposition scores. Despite leading half way through the final quarter (yet again) the Demons managed to right themselves and deliver the ball directly to the opposition

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

×
×
  • Create New...