• Podcast:      

Lord Nev

Angus Brayshaw to Fremantle Rumours

1 minute ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Kennedy Harris was spudding it up at Casey today. Showing Goodwin what he really is like. Wagner had a very good game. I just don’t ever see him translate it at AFL level. Baker had some good moments today. 

JKH has been named in Casey's best for pretty much a month straight by the club's own staff, including today.

Deserves a shot based on that, despite previous AFL performances, as that's what competition for spots is meant to be about.

3 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Kennedy Harris was spudding it up at Casey today. Showing Goodwin what he really is like. Wagner had a very good game. I just don’t ever see him translate it at AFL level. Baker had some good moments today. 

Yes Baker is a very good prospect for us. I would rather Kennedy Harris than ANB. Wagner was good and Jordan and Bedford will be players if we give them time to develop. Bradke also may be a find but needs a good few years to quietly develop.

Trade GUS!   I don't think so.  He has the yips  however he will need to regroup like many of our personnel in the side and kickstart after another preseason and be prepared mentally for 2020.  Gus is a professional and at the top of his game is a key weapon in the midfield.

Gus was injured today and most likely had to run out a corky in the butt and he was on the ground for a good 20 seconds. 

Maybe he needs a spell.  Why would you want to trade him ?  Who would you get ?   Is he going to be a better pickup?  NOT LIKELY. 

Bring this thread to the fore in 2020 if you need to. Lets wait and see what happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, nosoupforme said:

Trade GUS!   I don't think so.  He has the yips  however he will need to regroup like many of our personnel in the side and kickstart after another preseason and be prepared mentally for 2020.  Gus is a professional and at the top of his game is a key weapon in the midfield.

Gus was injured today and most likely had to run out a corky in the butt and he was on the ground for a good 20 seconds. 

Maybe he needs a spell.  Why would you want to trade him ?  Who would you get ?   Is he going to be a better pickup?  NOT LIKELY. 

Bring this thread to the fore in 2020 if you need to. Lets wait and see what happens. 

Hey mate, have a read of the OP. I know the context might seem different at the moment, but the original suggestion is that we look at trading a very good player to get another very good player(s) who could fill our desperate need for outside mids. It's not a thread designed to suggest trading him because he's no good.

I wouldn't trade him, but his defensive game is weak and a big problem. 

• Like 1

I would not trade him. But he looks like he has mentally checked out.

Some have short memories, at his best last year Brayshaw was up there with one of the best midfielders of the game.

Needs a HUGE pre season to get his mind back on task.

• Like 1

I want to know what’s wrong with him and how fixable it is. How do you go from 3rd in the Brownlow to this? As inexplicable as going from 4th to 16th....

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I would not trade him. But he looks like he has mentally checked out.

Some have short memories, at his best last year Brayshaw was up there with one of the best midfielders of the game.

Needs a HUGE pre season to get his mind back on task.

2018 is overrated as far as Brayshaw goes. Im a fan but he thinks he is far better than he is. At times I saw him on Dunkley today he looked completely lost. Brayshaw could do with a stint in Casey reserves.

Edited by ThreeOneSix
  • Angry 1

22 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Hey mate, have a read of the OP. I know the context might seem different at the moment, but the original suggestion is that we look at trading a very good player to get another very good player(s) who could fill our desperate need for outside mids. It's not a thread designed to suggest trading him because he's no good.

I have read your OP and l can understand your reasoning. In my opinion,  Gus is  a valuable  asset and Whitfield l would say is out of our reach and that goes for many other clubs as well.

Lever May and Whitfield and a host of our mains stayers  we might be juggling with the salary cap so to speak.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThreeOneSix said:

2018 is overrated as far as Brayshaw goes. Im a fan but he thinks he is far better than he is. At times I saw him on Dunkley today he looked completely lost. Brayshaw could do with a stint in Casey reserves.

Overrated? So he fluked the whole thing?

He is going through what every other gun player go through in their career and thats a form slump. This is a huge learning curve for him. 

He is a 23 year old who has just ticked over 74 games. Lets at least wait until he hits 25 years old with 100 games under his belt hey?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

We need better Coaches to drive a higher level of excellence 

These Kids have all been recruited from the same pathways. Our Coaches are not up to it

17 Clubs did Homework on us last Summer. Meth Coke did it in September and we have completely fallen over as a Club. 

That comes back to the Teachers. 

All the Assistants should walk after Round 23....

• Like 3

Has a player ever gone from 20 Brownlow votes to 0 the next season and yet still played all 22 games? If not, Brayshaw will be the first.

4 hours ago, Sorry kids said:

Jordan and Bedford will be players

Jordon will be...

Bedford needs to get to the right spots. I'm not sure you learn that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, monoccular said:

or play him in his best position, the guts

Agree ...we have some very bizarre ideas emanating  from the box.

Gus is a mid. It's  not really that hard...you'd think. 

Brayshaw is very obviously carrying an injury, and has been the same all season. 

My guess( and it is only that) is the old OP.  Look how slow he was moving into the open goal, when run down by Dunkley.  This is not a player who is down on form, he is just struggling to run.

For those who think he should be in the middle, think why Jordan Lewis is playing in there instead.  He can run with others at the moment, or more to the point is better able to run with opposition mids than Brayshaw. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Brayshaw is very obviously carrying an injury, and has been the same all season. 

My guess( and it is only that) is the old OP.  Look how slow he was moving into the open goal, when run down by Dunkley.  This is not a player who is down on form, he is just struggling to run.

For those who think he should be in the middle, think why Jordan Lewis is playing in there instead.  He can run with others at the moment, or more to the point is better able to run with opposition mids than Brayshaw. 

George  you may well be right.  If so..maybe he ought  not be playing  at all at the moment  .

3 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

George  you may well be right.  If so..maybe he ought  not be playing  at all at the moment  .

Neither should Hannan, ANB and a host of others like Lockhart, Dunkley, even Petty who should be at Casey being developed.  But we have NO-ONE capable to come in to replace from Casey. Only 6 players out of 10 AFL listed in their side yesterday had played an AFL game.

12 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

That would raise the question then of management (yet again).

If he has been carrying an injury all year, then why play him when we have JKH, C.Wagner, Baker and more recently Maynard all in good enough form to warrant selection and play his role? And if we're using Lewis as part of the scenario, why wasn't he in the team for a month?

Whether he's out of form or injured, he shouldn't be playing either way.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Neither should Hannan, ANB and a host of others like Lockhart, Dunkley, even Petty who should be at Casey being developed.  But we have NO-ONE capable to come in to replace from Casey. Only 6 players out of 10 AFL listed in their side yesterday had played an AFL game.

it begs a question:

Do you run someone into the ground ...or simply play some lucky kid who'll probably get thrashed...but might not.

From my cheap seats it's irresponsible in terms of player management to play Brayshaw if he is so afflicted atm.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

He ought not be playing simply because he's bloody useless...the others are a different issue I guess

Edited by beelzebub

10 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Overrated? So he fluked the whole thing?

He is going through what every other gun player go through in their career and thats a form slump. This is a huge learning curve for him. 

He is a 23 year old who has just ticked over 74 games. Lets at least wait until he hits 25 years old with 100 games under his belt hey?

Brayshaw was solid to good in 2018. A third in a brownlow turned what was a good year, to many calling it a great year, resulting in Brayshaw being overrated. I like the kid and wouldnt trade him, but he has a lot of ground to make up. He looks slow, weak, disinterested, lazy and has been a turn over merchant of late. Are you suggesting we overlook his deficiencies and give him leniency because he is 23 years old?

58 minutes ago, ThreeOneSix said:

Brayshaw was solid to good in 2018. A third in a brownlow turned what was a good year, to many calling it a great year, resulting in Brayshaw being overrated. I like the kid and wouldnt trade him, but he has a lot of ground to make up. He looks slow, weak, disinterested, lazy and has been a turn over merchant of late. Are you suggesting we overlook his deficiencies and give him leniency because he is 23 years old?

No....but maybe laying off the kid may help. DL have a habit of finding a kicking dog. Now that Omac is not AFL and Watts is gone, and Petracca has shown a bit,  we have to cast our eyes around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if Brad Hill & Ed Langdon are gettable, then we simply must put Brayshaw and pick 20 on the table. Maybe something coming back.

Put emotions aside, need to address deficiencies and make a big call. Goody has made the call already anyway with Oliver, Viney & harmes in the middle.

Edited by John Demonic

There is merit in it, but he isnt on his own in having an ordinary season.. most of them have. We will have pick 2 or 3 you would think,  we add them, we trade and draft smart we have a chance to climb again next year. 

There is aplayer on the list tat the moment, ANB that is by far the worst player to have played nearly 70 games for the MFC. It sounds harsh, and i know  he might try and might be a popular kid, but he does not have one redeeming football feature about him. Its a travesty that he gets a game. If the MFC decide to keep ANB on the list and delist Garlett then im done. and they will.. so im likey done. 

Also bringing Jetta back so soon was sign of desperation and sadly consistent stupidity. The end is coming very quickly for Nev like Jones. The game is too quick.

Brayshaw is a concern, but we have plenty of them, we should be getting rid of the no good, and getting the good to improve. If 

Edited by Demon3