OUT: lockhart, j wagner

do you mean in Lockhart, out Garlett?

1 hour ago, Stormy Dee said:

Fritsch to play forward

A start in the correct direction....

• Like 1

Out TMac, Garlett, Spargo , Wagner

In Preuss, Lockhart, Dunkley, KK.

Fritsch must play Forward as he can mark the ball and could be a Jayden Stephenson type if left up there to develop .

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It shouldn't need stating but Fritsch plays in the backline because we haven't anyone else. Against Adelaide, he started there because five of the nominal starting back seven (May, Lever, Hore, Jetta, Salem) were out injured/ill. Yesterday it was because Frost was concussed early. We should remember how valuable he is in that (1) he so far has not been unavailable due to injury and (2) he is a reasonable option to push back when necessary. I imagine both the Match Committee and Fritsch himself would rather that he play on the wing or forward, but needs have required that he play in defence.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

kk has had one decent game at vfl level; he's miles off being ready

preuss isn't fit enough for four quarters of vfl, let alone afl

IN: lockhart, tim smith
OUT: garlett, j wagner

Rotate Preuss from the pocket to on-ball... to the bench,  and then back to the pocket,  etc.

Edited by DV8
  • Like 3

Don’t normally comment on this sort of thing but I’m so disappointed with the way Tmac has played this year, he has been terrible and has to be dropped

Goodwin needs to make a statement by dropping a couple of name players 

Out Tmac Viney, Garlett & Spargo 

In Pruess, Lewis, KK & Smith

• Like 1

I hope the match committee sit down after the break and get out a clean sheet of paper and look at the fit players that have a bit of form and start from there rather than getting the team from lat week and scratch round a few names with the old lead pencil.

Look at beginning afresh and attacking the last half of the season. it is not as if we have anything to lose. 

We also need to ensure that we have a fit list at the start of the next pre-season. now is the time to work towards that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

Won't matter WWSW....He's one of Goodwin's fav'  is 100% in v Freo

Hannan missed most of preseason & played one game for Casey (9 possesions) & straight in......I agree too re Preuss not fit enough!

Bring in speed & ball use efficiency. 

Goodwin: 'Our efficiency killed us all over the ground'

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Laughing Goat said:

Hannan missed most of preseason & played one game for Casey (9 possesions) & straight in......I agree too re Preuss not fit enough!

Goodwin: 'Our efficiency killed us all over the ground'

Ffs. Our EFFICIENCY WAS POOR. Kicking the ball continues to be RIDICULOUSLY BAD. 

Its a basic skill. Some kicks were not even under pressure.  

Players are also goal shy.  It’s a shambles. 

• Like 2

How Pruess doesn't get a game . . . . regardless of what some say about his alleged lack of fitness . . . . is a complete mystery to me. In a side that can't kick a goal, he's averaging two per game for us . . . (admittedly a small sample [2 games]). He competes well, relieves Max in the ruck (even if it's just in the forward 50 arc), brings others into the game and takes the pressure off Tommy and Sam. There's something badly amiss . . . 

Edited by Queanbeyan Demon
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tom is far from right, either / or physically / mentally and should be given a few weeks off to refresh his body and mind.

Garlett and Spargo must never be in the same side again - Garlett "choses his contests" to put it as politely as I can, and Spargo at least may be part of the future so I would retain him (unless someone pushed hard enough at Casey to oust them both).  Lockhart?  Dunkley too soon?  ANB?

Bull Smith for Tom, and / or Preuss?

Any news on Frost's concussion?  

And Fritsch is NOT a defender, but may be a decent wing / forward.

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

Out: Garlett, Tmac, Wagner

In: Lockhart, Smith, ANB

B. Hore May Hibberd

HB. Jones Frost Lever

C. Salem  Brayshaw Fritsch

HF. Hunt  Weid    Trac

F. Lockhart Smith Hannan

R. Gawn, Oliver, Harmes

I/C. Viney  Baker Spargo ANB

One thing Freo can do is run and spread expect Bennell or Stephen Hill to come in after this week. We need to be as mobile as we can 

Edited by Pennant St Dee

Preuss please. He appears our only player currently capable of disrupting events.

I've been a defender of our match committee - but Tmac continuing to play is killing us.

We need to give opposition defenders something to be concerned about.

Weid leads and Preuss stays put. Mids have one of two options kicking forward.

Spread the defence a little bit and at least create some space. It's really not that hard.

Fritsch forward to fly across the front and the smalls organise themselves at the drop.

Capable smalls who have goal-kicking instincts. Not Spargo. Lockhart back in.

OUT: Tmac / Spargo

IN: Preuss / Lockhart

Also: Wagner can go for whoever.

We have myriad issues, but I can't fathom how the footy dept. doesn't recognise Tomald as core.

Spargo meanwhile has kicked 2.1 in six matches, laying just 11 tackles. Jeff: 9.9 and 22 in seven.

This was the Spargo-less 2nd qtr scoring progression when Tmac was absent up forward vs Essendon:

Christian Petracca goal 8m 56s 5.1.31 - 7.6.48    
Jay Lockhart goal 11m 32s 6.1.37 - 7.6.48    
Jayden Hunt goal 14m 13s 7.1.43 - 7.6.48    
James Harmes goal 19m 21s 8.1.49 - 7.6.48    
Sam Weideman goal 21m 37s 9.1.55 - 7.6.48    
Max Gawn goal 25m 31s 10.1.61 - 7.6.48
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Billy said:

Don’t normally comment on this sort of thing but I’m so disappointed with the way Tmac has played this year, he has been terrible and has to be dropped

Goodwin needs to make a statement by dropping a couple of name players 

Out Tmac Viney, Garlett & Spargo 

In Pruess, Lewis, KK & Smith

His reading the ball in flight against Collingwood was terrible. His great strength last year has become his weakness.

2 hours ago, SPC said:

His reading the ball in flight against Collingwood was terrible. His great strength last year has become his weakness.

Last year many of his marks were uncontested because he'd got away from the defender; this year he's not holding marks because most of them are in contested situations. I assume that this means he's not getting separation from his opponent and I therefore presume that the problem is with his feet/ankles, more than his hands.

4 hours ago, Skuit said:

Preuss please. He appears our only player currently capable of disrupting events.

I've been a defender of our match committee - but Tmac continuing to play is killing us.

We need to give opposition defenders something to be concerned about.

Weid leads and Preuss stays put. Mids have one of two options kicking forward.

Spread the defence a little bit and at least create some space. It's really not that hard.

Fritsch forward to fly across the front and the smalls organise themselves at the drop.

Capable smalls who have goal-kicking instincts. Not Spargo. Lockhart back in.

OUT: Tmac / Spargo

IN: Preuss / Lockhart

Also: Wagner can go for whoever.

We have myriad issues, but I can't fathom how the footy dept. doesn't recognise Tomald as core.

Spargo meanwhile has kicked 2.1 in six matches, laying just 11 tackles. Jeff: 9.9 and 22 in seven.

This was the Spargo-less 2nd qtr scoring progression when Tmac was absent up forward vs Essendon:

Christian Petracca goal 8m 56s 5.1.31 - 7.6.48    
Jay Lockhart goal 11m 32s 6.1.37 - 7.6.48    
Jayden Hunt goal 14m 13s 7.1.43 - 7.6.48    
James Harmes goal 19m 21s 8.1.49 - 7.6.48    
Sam Weideman goal 21m 37s 9.1.55 - 7.6.48    
Max Gawn goal 25m 31s 10.1.61 - 7.6.48

I’m 100% with you on this Skuit. Some people can’t get over the fact the Preuss is not fit. It really doesn’t matter if he plays deep forward like you have said because he will only need to move about 1km for the whole game which suits his current level of fitness. I don’t ever recall Lockett being considered fit, I know Preuss is not a scratch on the great man but as you have pointed out he disrupts the opposition and creates opportunities for our other forwards. Let’s remember he comfortably beat Aliir Aliir who is a super athletic specimen of a human being ???

Edited by —coach—
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Laughing Goat said:

Goodwin: 'Our inefficiency killed us all over the ground'

Pedantic, I know, but using t.he word efficiency in the context of this current MFC mob is just so inappropriate.

Edited by monoccular

32 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Last year many of his marks were uncontested because he'd got away from the defender; this year he's not holding marks because most of them are in contested situations. I assume that this means he's not getting separation from his opponent and I therefore presume that the problem is with his feet/ankles, more than his hands.

He looks slower than Lewis at the moment, and like he'd struggle to run more than 20 meters without stopping. Clearly he's not right, it might be something that the medico's have said won't get any worse, but it hasn't seemed like he's getting any better. So instead of sending him to Casey, give him a break for a month, if he thinks he's OK then come back via Casey to see if his running capacity is back. I believe we need to try and play as much of our 2020 team as possible, so bringing TMac back late would be better than sending him away for the whole season, unless he really needs that.

For next week my outs would be: TMac, Garlett & Wagner

Ins: ANB, KK & TSmith.

With May and Lever back and Frost hopefully not knocking himself out again, Wagner should be redundant so we should bring in a better runner/returner for the backline so that's why I'd bring KK in. ANB is incredibly important in locking the ball in our F50, he doesn't get much credit on here for the job he actually does, just panned for his ball use and missed goals, but he will chase and give the oppositions back something to think about, while they just disregard Garlett at the moment (spargo runs hard and chases as well, which is why i prefer him). TSmith is a natural forward as compared to Preuss, so he gets the nod there.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Why would we drop Garlett? if you look at the numbers he is adding more pressure than anyone in the Fwd 50 and is our leading goal kicker in the last 3 weeks and 4th over all playing only 7 games.

Take Spargo out.. and bring Lockhart in. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

We continue to play Tom mcDonald who averages less goals, less disposals, less hit outs per game than Preuss. I don't care how unfit Preuss is he is a better option than TMac at the moment!

TMac needs a break. If we could draft a 2 goal per game forward that can pinch hit in the ruck we would jump at it. That is Preuss!

Preuss averages more goals per game this season than Hogan. So what if he plays 77% game time. Hogan 90% TMac 88%

Out: Tmac - JWagner - Garlett

In- Preuss - Dunkley - Lockhart

Edited by ManDee
Decided to play the future
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Because hes rubbish and wont be on the list next year anyway.

I disagree that he is rubbish, he is what he is, he is creative, he is clean and he is a proven goal kicker. those 3 traits alone are pretty much non existent in our team at the moment.

The "he wont be on our list next year argument" is ridiculous, until we pack it in for the year, we pick the best teams we can, and right now, Garlett is a better option.

• Like 1