BRAYSHAW SIGNS!

Demonland

Angus' mum just spoke to SEN, key takeaways:

Mum is going to GABBA to watch Angus and spend time with Will before he flies back to Afghanistan.

Angus to stay in Brisbane with family for mothers day 

Both parents and extended family are from Perth and born there, Perth is their second home

Mum thrilled that two brothers are playing in WA

Parents Left 3/4 time at MCG to go watch Angus at Etihad

Angus talks a lot when hes happy, has been happy last two weeks, sounded like he wasn't happy about not playing earlier in year (my opinion).

Mum is hoping his form continues and so to Melbourne's so we make finals

Nathan Burke has been mentoring Angus re helmet and concussion and had a family talk with his mum.

No mention of contract or future whereabouts. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

If it wasn't him, they would be making it up about someone else.

Media makes the axe sharper when they get bad publicity, just as well they are dumphkoffs.

15 minutes ago, willmoy said:

If it wasn't him, they would be making it up about someone else.

Media makes the axe sharper when they get bad publicity, just as well they are dumphkoffs.

dumkopfs    

• Like 1

If I'd had a billion concussions and was just now starting to play good footy, I'd put my contract discussions on hold too…even if I played for the Melbourne Footy Club (which we all know I'd never leave in a million years but don't tell them that just in case I'm drafted as a mature-age rookie or something).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/9/2018 at 8:48 AM, Wells 11 said:

His career was at the crossroads post his concussions and his value probably at an all time low. By all reports he worked his arse off over the summer and didnt miss a single session. His form is in direct correlation to his efforts over many MANY months and he is re establishing himself as a potential A grader. He's right to be waiting to re sign atm.

And I think he is rediscovering his game, as an attacking defender.

I prefer him just outside the crunch's, and off the defensive side of mid section of the ground.

I prefer him head up, looking for options to cut off, or to deliver to,,, rather than with head down around his ankles, looking for ground ball.

He has been fantastic IMO, of the last few games, influencing our achievements.

11 hours ago, SFebey said:

Angus' mum just spoke to SEN, key takeaways:

Mum is going to GABBA to watch Angus and spend time with Will before he flies back to Afghanistan.

Angus to stay in Brisbane with family for mothers day 

Both parents and extended family are from Perth and born there, Perth is their second home

Mum thrilled that two brothers are playing in WA

Parents Left 3/4 time at MCG to go watch Angus at Etihad

Angus talks a lot when hes happy, has been happy last two weeks, sounded like he wasn't happy about not playing earlier in year (my opinion).

Mum is hoping his form continues and so to Melbourne's so we make finals

Nathan Burke has been mentoring Angus re helmet and concussion and had a family talk with his mum.

No mention of contract or future whereabouts. 

What player would be?

...many footballers like the romantics of being a one club player and I believe a reasonable level of genuineness in this assertion from most, but at the end of the day, I believe that almost all would be making their contract decisions on an dispassionate, pragmatic basis, so on its own, the stated notion of being a one club player is almost irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

...many footballers like the romantics of being a one club player and I believe a reasonable level of genuineness in this assertion from most, but at the end of the day, I believe that almost all would be making their contract decisions on an dispassionate, pragmatic basis, so on its own, the stated notion of being a one club player is almost irrelevant.

not too sure many of our players would know what the above means ( but to fair neither do I } !

4 hours ago, puntkick said:

not too sure many of our players would know what the above means ( but to fair neither do I } !

It ant rocket science (I'm just a poor old ex-garbo).  

They (footballers) might talk up all this "one club player" stuff, but at the end of the day, they (probably at the urging of their managers) think with their head not their heart when deciding to accept a deal and stay or chase a better deal and leave.

11 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

The main thing for most players is playing with their mates as long as they're being fairly rewarded.

If they think the team is about to embark on something special, which they do, they won't leave (unless special circumstances, such as go home factor or a personal issue).

Brayshaw won't be going anywhere.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Jay Clark reporting that Brayshaw has been offered $700,000 across 4 years at North (that is Gaff sort of money!). 

1. Brayshaw seems very committed to the Dees (and Clark says that he assumes Brayshaw will stay

2. North dont have the pieces to offer us for Brayshaw (first round this and next year wont be enough unless they bomb out badly this year). 

3. It is nice that teams want our players for big money (Hogan, Brayshaw). It makes me feel like we have good players. 

• Love 1

On 5/9/2018 at 3:21 PM, Robot Devil said:

The media news program for MFC in C64 format:

10 Melbourne can’t be trusted

20 Hogan wants to go to/will be poached by WA club

30 Training camp cancellation 

40 Young gun puts off contract talks

50 Melbourne can win the flag

60 Melbourne are top/bottom in the following obscure statistic that we just made up

70 GOTO 10

RUN

This just made my day hahahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dee-licious said:

Jay Clark reporting that Brayshaw has been offered $700,000 across 4 years at North (that is Gaff sort of money!). 

1. Brayshaw seems very committed to the Dees (and Clark says that he assumes Brayshaw will stay

2. North dont have the pieces to offer us for Brayshaw (first round this and next year wont be enough unless they bomb out badly this year). 

3. It is nice that teams want our players for big money (Hogan, Brayshaw). It makes me feel like we have good players. 

He didn’t actually say that North have made that offer, but that they should

34 minutes ago, Demonland said:

As he's never been know as  'loose lips Josh' -  I'd imagine there would be an announcement in 48-72 hours as a best case scenario.

• Like 1

really why wouldn't he go to North .....   yea I know even at 1 mill a year no way 

glad to see , he is becoming a very good player as expected