Round 13 Non - MFC Games

Lucifers Hero

14 minutes ago, Redleg said:

I think GC just waived goodbye to Lynch.

I think they need him to go. It will help them get ahead in the long run. They will get more picks starting again, and probably with more mature players, to help guide them.

Lynch's worth can help in this way. they'll get a couple of early picks and also some oldies.

As I said last year, I called for Hodge to go to the Suns, to help. And then he went to the Lions, because of Fagan.

6 hours ago, Return to Glory said:

His son would not play at the top level if not for his name. Very average footballer.

Ive said that the moment he arrived, only there coz of his old man and his younger brother who's suppose to be a gun.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DV8 said:

It's all in they're heads, something is very wrong at that club. something like an off fish.

Gotta wonder about that off-season camp. Bringing up such personal topics with the players, surrounded by all their teammates to witness, seems to have really strained relations between players and the club.

Can't say I'm surprised. Imagine if you had to deal with [censored] like that at your place of employment?

Hopefully Sloane walks out on them this year, just to really [censored] Walker off. Seems he's not all that well respected by segments of the playing group, if that leaked text is any indication.

Edited by SaberFang

25 minutes ago, DV8 said:

It's all in they're heads, something is very wrong at that club. something like an off fish.

They may have put the cue in the rack for the season, chasing some early picks in a draft with some good local talent. 

2 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

They may have put the cue in the rack for the season, chasing some early picks in a draft with some good local talent. 

nup, its the players... doing this.   They are, on paper, a real chance... but they're not a team; together.

Something is very wrong, they're unhappy at that place.  they are not focused at all, and really haven't been fully focused since the start of the last finals series. 

So this means, players will be for the picking, come trade time.

He's a hillbilly that Walker, not a Captain's a hole, respected by his peers for being a pisshead, yeah great captain.

Hillbilly along with the hierarchy have ripped at the fabric of the club, and played with people's minds and emotions a big no no in professional sport.

They have Completely wiped/erased there Premiership window now, they are an open carcass for the rest of the competition to feast on.

Its open slather on their playing list Sloane, McGovern, Lynch etc.

• Like 2

Just back from that other non MFC game in Kazan.

A wonderful game and in the theme of Wiseblood we played above ourselves.

The VAR penalty at the ground was almost heatbreaking but the penalty we received was somehow return justice. Believe me the VAR is miles worse than the goal review system in AFL. It's like double jepoardy as they wait until the next break in play until the review possibility is even notified.

Centimetres with the last French goal would have seen us come away with an incredible draw. French team is full of individual stars but as a team they have certainly got a way to go.

Robbie Kruse is a bit like Nathan Jones ... wonderful player but he lacks pace. The pace and skills of some of the French players were incredible.

Of an attendance of 41k (1k sort of absolute capacity) there were probably at least 10k Australians and I think we had the support of most of the Russians.

The stadium was great but the logistics of transport , ingress and egress shows how lucky we are with the MCG.

Finished the afternoon with a big beer and some barbecued meats at a small Turkish style roadside stall.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

The VAR penalty at the ground was almost heatbreaking but the penalty we received was somehow return justice. Believe me the VAR is miles worse than the goal review system in AFL. It's like double jepoardy as they wait until the next break in play until the review possibility is even notified.

Centimetres with the last French goal would have seen us come away with an incredible draw. French team is full of individual stars but as a team they have certainly got a way to go.

Robbie Kruse is a bit like Nathan Jones ... wonderful player but he lacks pace. The pace and skills of some of the French players were incredible.

Of an attendance of 41k (1k sort of absolute capacity) there were probably at least 10k Australians and I think we had the support of most of the Russians.

The stadium was great but the logistics of transport , ingress and egress shows how lucky we are with the MCG.

Finished the afternoon with a big beer and some barbecued meats at a small Turkish style roadside stall.

Kruse didn't have the best night tonight. Sainsbury and Milligan were great.

Gutsy effort which we lost by millimetres.  Heartbreaking in context. 

I'm not a big soccer fan but it is great watching the structure in defense and the way they try and work through it.  When done well, and with an attacking intent, it looks great in football too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, deanox said:

Kruse didn't have the best night tonight. Sainsbury and Milligan were great.

Gutsy effort which we lost by millimetres.  Heartbreaking in context. 

I'm not a big soccer fan but it is great watching the structure in defense and the way they try and work through it.  When done well, and with an attacking intent, it looks great in football too.

He often got himself into good positions but he lacked the burst of speed to go anywhere with it.

Will be very interesting to see how  we go in the next match.

1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

I'm here also Diamond, what a fabulous game, great stadium, pity bout the second goal. Just watched game 2 at fanzone, wouldn't mind a few Icelandic blokes in the Dees backline, they go hard!!!

go Aussies 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1964nowMORE said:

I'm here also Diamond, what a fabulous game, great stadium, pity bout the second goal. Just watched game 2 at fanzone, wouldn't mind a few Icelandic blokes in the Dees backline, they go hard!!!

go Aussies 

When you get time come over to the other sports section of Demonland and join us with our soccer posts. Be great to have you.

I'm lazy and staying in Kazan to watch the five Kazan games. Are you following the team.

Iceland are the fairy story of this WC... a bit like Cameroon  a few World Cups back.

10 hours ago, SaberFang said:

Gotta wonder about that off-season camp. Bringing up such personal topics with the players, surrounded by all their teammates to witness, seems to have really strained relations between players and the club.

Can't say I'm surprised. Imagine if you had to deal with [censored] like that at your place of employment?

Hopefully Sloane walks out on them this year, just to really [censored] Walker off. Seems he's not all that well respected by segments of the playing group, if that leaked text is any indication.

Ive heard of some pretty full on corporate team building sessions. I had one two months ago with a smaller team. Whilst they are intrusive, it relies on everyone participating and overall I find its good for team building. However, if its not done correctly people will feel singled out and it will erode trust.

Sounds like the latter may have happened here, but more seriously.

Wouldnt surprise me - Adelaides culture seems shocking.

8 hours ago, Win4theAges said:

He's a hillbilly that Walker, not a Captain's a hole, respected by his peers for being a pisshead, yeah great captain.

Hillbilly along with the hierarchy have ripped at the fabric of the club, and played with people's minds and emotions a big no no in professional sport.

They have Completely wiped/erased there Premiership window now, they are an open carcass for the rest of the competition to feast on.

Its open slather on their playing list Sloane, McGovern, Lynch etc.

Their window started and finished when they paid for an extra seat on their return flight for the cup, before they even played the game.

I hope Tex is enjoying all the success which Lever left.

8 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

It looked like we played a team of Alex Rances Diamond. Talk about going to ground easy. Sounds like you're having a great time, lucky bugger.

• Like 1

People go on and on about our camp and cancelling it, well you know what adelaide went on one and stuffed it. To only kick 4 goals that is a disgrace. There performance was worse than carltons in the sense that this was last years runners up. They only kicked 4 goals and scored nothing in the 3rd quarter. Clarkson reminds me of Craig Bellamy he Melbourne storm coach in the way that they both lose players but get someone else in to fill the position and do it well. 

Gee looking at the ladder last weeks loss hurt. If the tigs win they will joining WC and Sydney 2 games clear of us. Cats win they go one game clear. We really need to beast port next week to keep the teams below us off our backs. 

5 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Gee looking at the ladder last weeks loss hurt. If the tigs win they will joining WC and Sydney 2 games clear of us. Cats win they go one game clear. We really need to beast port next week to keep the teams below us off our backs. 

Have the same thought.  If we keep winning we keep our heads above water.  Any loss could see us slip fairly quickly down the table.

10 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

A wonderful game and in the theme of Wiseblood we played 

Very jealous. Would have loved to be there but watched it on the tube. Gives great hope against the next two sides

France were so fast so bloody quick. We did well. Nervous early then settled down 

got quite tired and sloppy late but their second goal was very lucky but after sustained pressure

will watch the other games 

go dees. And Socceroos 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Return to Glory said:

Bolton may struggle to survive come Monday but their issues are also about recruiting. Silvani's  decision to recruit all of the Giants offcuts was a monumental blunder. I.e. Kristen Jaksch was one of the worst footballers I've ever seen.

I was listening to it on Grandstand and they read out a ‘tweet’ made by Rhys Palmer (ex Freo/GWS/Carlton player)... anyway I tried to embed it but have failed. Here is the text...

Everyone talks about draft picks and developing youth but no one ever talks about culture....</p>&mdash; Rhys Palmer (@rhysCpalmer) 

12 minutes ago, McQueen said:

I was listening to it on Grandstand and they read out a ‘tweet’ made by Rhys Palmer (ex Freo/GWS/Carlton player)... anyway I tried to embed it but have failed. Here is the text...

Everyone talks about draft picks and developing youth but no one ever talks about culture....</p>&mdash; Rhys Palmer (@rhysCpalmer) 

I saw that McQueen and I was not sure what to make of it. Was it a swipe at Carlton? I assumed so. He's right in what he says in that a positive culture spreads just as quickly as a negative culture. I'm assuming it is referencing off the field as well as on?

The only thing I'd also add is having great players can paper over the cracks a little.

15 minutes ago, Return to Glory said:

I saw that McQueen and I was not sure what to make of it. Was it a swipe at Carlton? I assumed so. He's right in what he says in that a positive culture spreads just as quickly as a negative culture. I'm assuming it is referencing off the field as well as on?

The only thing I'd also add is having great players can paper over the cracks a little.

Definitely a swipe but to who/where it was intended is a mystery.. Was it at Bolton and the FD or higher up the chain?

Bolton is 11 years old, it must be hard to generate respect as a senior coach when you haven’t hit puberty yet!!!!!

Bolton or Richardson??

Richo has been spared 1-2 weeks

Bolton will be gone before i get back to Melbs....

• Haha 1