Training Week Commencing 19/3

Had some of the morning off so I decided to venture down to have a quick look at the boys. Didn’t stay the entire time and was only really looking for the players in question for round 1.

Harmes/Jetta/Garlett/Tyson - Made their way to Gosh’s eventually with the rest of the guys who played the practice match. Obviously a light day today but none of them looked to be limping/strapped/inhibited in movement in any way. I imagine they’ll all play on Sunday being best 22 or thereabouts.

ANB/Lewis/Jones/O-Mac - Were all in the main group while I was there and participated fully in the drills I was there for.

Oliver/T-Mac/Viney - All in rehab group. We’re all aware of the Viney situation, however at one point I observed a trainer closely inspecting his foot whilst he was sitting on the ground. From there he headed back to AAMI headquarters. So not sure what the situation is or if I’m reading too much into that observation.

Oliver had his thigh/knee strapped and Tom was training in runners. The rehabbers weren’t doing much in the way of ‘work’. Light ball movement and kicking drills with Crossy. I may have missed any intense training that took place before or after.

But from my limited time there, it seems Oliver and T- Mac are the question marks at this point. 

Mystery no show was Brayshaw unless I have a vision impairment. Which is a genuine possibility. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 7

19 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Oliver had his upper thigh strapped

So much for the knock on the knee as reported earlier...my reading of anatomy is the upper thigh wouldn't be bandaged if it was a knee.

Despite the Gawn talk by our esteemed footy media I actually think Oliver is our most important player and would be a big loss if out.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, rjay said:

So much for the knock on the knee as reported earlier...my reading of anatomy is the upper thigh wouldn't be bandaged if it was a knee.

Despite the Gawn talk by our esteemed footy media I actually think Oliver is our most important player and would be a big loss if out.

Edited. 

Must have been knee and thigh given the nature of his injury which I'd forgotten about.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Had some of the morning off so I decided to venture down to have a quick look at the boys. Didn’t stay the entire time and was only really looking for the players in question for round 1.

Harmes/Jetta/Garlett/Tyson - Made their way to Gosh’s eventually with the rest of the guys who played the practice match. Obviously a light day today but none of them looked to be limping/strapped/inhibited in movement in any way. I imagine they’ll all play on Sunday being best 22 or thereabouts.

ANB/Lewis/Jones/O-Mac - Were all in the main group while I was there and participated fully in the drills I was there for.

Oliver/T-Mac/Viney - All in rehab group. We’re all aware of the Viney situation, however at one point I observed a trainer closely inspecting his foot whilst he was sitting on the ground. From there he headed back to AAMI headquarters. So not sure what the situation is or if I’m reading too much into that observation.

Oliver had his thigh/knee strapped and Tom was training in runners. The rehabbers weren’t doing much in the way of ‘work’. Light ball movement and kicking drills with Crossy. I may have missed any intense training that took place before or after.

But from my limited time there, it seems Oliver and T- Mac are the question marks at this point. 

Mystery no show was Brayshaw unless I have a vision impairment. Which is a genuine possibility. 

Ben Guthrie has a different take as to where the bandage was.

Oliver copped a knock to his right knee in the club's second JLT Community Series clash against St Kilda and has been on modified duties since then.

However, the Demons are confident Oliver, who had his right knee bandaged, will be right to go against Geelong and although he did not join in full training, the reigning best and fairest winner moved well.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-19/light-duties-at-training-for-demons-in-doubt

Edited by ProDee
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, hells bells said:

Oliver a huge out if he doesn’t come up.  Looks proppy on the little vid Ben Guthrie just tweeted. Fingers crossed ? he’s right to go.

11 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Also what's the theory/science behind the music playing at training?

I believe it’s supppsed to simulate the noisy environments of game day venues. The players ability to effectively communicate with each other.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Its getting us ready for Gils game.

Music and fireworks after every goal

a rectangular field

no tackling

free kick against for last touched

time outs

15 minute quarters

etc etc. 

its only about two years away

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, rjay said:

Sounds like the rectus femoris group for Oliver, at the front of the thigh, attaching around the knee and upper tibia. One related connector is across the top edge of the patella (kneecap) and suspiciously, this may be the site of discomfort. Should be right to play in he was moving freely at this point. Agree about Oliver's importance as a player as he gets the ball out or to a teammate at most contests.

17 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Its getting us ready for Gils game.

Music and fireworks after every goal

a rectangular field

no tackling

free kick against for last touched

time outs

15 minute quarters

etc etc. 

its only about two years away

I'd believe you if I had seen a player from another club training with ours. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Just something to listen to in order to break up the monotony of training. They have music on in the gym, why not have it out on the track?

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

you do realise they (tom and clarrie) we kicking on their non-preferred foot

Was thinking the same thing... the only time he seemed to look proppy was in his kicking action.  Hopefully's its just that his left foot action isn't as fluid as his preferred.

2 hours ago, rjay said:

Do you think they always strap the injured area? 

Why strap deep bruising, unless your putting padding over the bruised area?

My take is that Oliver will be good to o for Sunday and TMac will likely miss Round 1. Pederson is a more than capable replacement for TMac so I don't think it should affect the team performance too much. Plus it is meant to be wet on Sunday so as long as our forwards chase and tackle we should be fine.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Is Dom Is Good said:

My take is that Oliver will be good to o for Sunday and TMac will likely miss Round 1. Pederson is a more than capable replacement for TMac so I don't think it should affect the team performance too much. Plus it is meant to be wet on Sunday so as long as our forwards chase and tackle we should be fine.

This.

11 minutes ago, Is Dom Is Good said:

Yup.  Toes can be very tricky to get right and strangely debilitating when injured.  Frost and Sandilands have both missed seasons with toe injuries and Bernie last year was a shadow of himself whilst playing with an injured toe.  

Take the time.  Get it right.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Was thinking the same thing... the only time he seemed to look proppy was in his kicking action.  Hopefully's its just that his left foot action isn't as fluid as his preferred.

not to worry, Clarry can just pick up 30 handballs and 0 kicks  ;-)

still get BOG

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Just something to listen to in order to break up the monotony of training. They have music on in the gym, why not have it out on the track?

Correct, although some players are actually banned from having a say in what is played, something to do with appalling taste in music