Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes for GWS

rpfc

6 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Here's a big one. Kick a goal.

Or create some opportunities to kick goals.

I didn't watch the whole game but did Watts play up the ground much on Saturday? When he's at his best is when he is the link up player across half forward while alternating that with running deeper to switch the defenders. I know we've had injuries so he's had to player deeper as a marking forward but surely he can spend more time up HF with McDonald and Weed/Pederson playing forward this week.

Edited by mongrel

13 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

It's strange that a top 3 draft pick or whatever he was is in serious question at the age of 25. I know he missed a year but he's fit now. I think the MFC has been pretty patient with the guy and alas he may still be around but if you were to place a bet....odds are he won't be with us.

Some guys are just unlucky. Clearly the foot injury has robbed him of the speed, while not blistering was adequate, to make him as good a player as he looked like being. I still think his first 50 games or so was better than both Scully and Martin. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mongrel said:

Or create some opportunities to kick goals.

I didn't watch the whole game but did Watts play up the ground much on Saturday? When he's at his best is when he is the link up player across half forward while alternating that with running deeper to switch the defenders. I know we've had injuries so he's had to player deeper as a marking forward but surely he can spend more time up HF with McDonald and Weed/Pederson playing forward this week.

All of our KPFs are at their best up the ground. Then have no one to kick it to because our KPF's are not at their best when they're not up the ground. Except of course our no 1. KPD, who is at his best as a KPF.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

colder than hobart and windy

Canberra area

Max temperature 11C.  Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning. Winds northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h becoming light during the evening.

FMD!

I'm going up for the game and I fear I'll stay frozen to the seat until springtime 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Skuit said:

All of our KPFs are at their best up the ground. Then have no one to kick it to because our KPF's are not at their best when they're not up the ground. Except of course our no 1. KPD, who is at his best as a KPF.

cool

18 hours ago, dpositive said:

I would agree but being at the game can only say his was not the only very poor performance in such an apparently important match. Trengove also contributed some useful moments as did others. What he lacked was the "impact" play but again he was not the only one who failed in that.

There were a number of players who cost us goals and every player would be dropped if the criteria applied to JT was universal. 

JT should not be the scapegoat nor should his career be defined on this game.

But he may miss this game due to structures and the roles that are needed for this weeks competitors 

I was at the game too. I desperately wanted JT to play well and earn another week or 2.

He was barely noticeable, was ineffective and yes there were numerous others,  but he is now a liability and if he plays this week I fear his opponent could rip us apart such is his lack of speed.

The Giants pace is our biggest concern.

On 31/07/2017 at 2:18 PM, ManDee said:

Steve, I can remember 1964, so I go back there at times, nice place, VFL Premiers, EH Holdens, I could look at teenage girls and not be slapped. 

Edit:- Those girls are around 70 now!

Me too

On 7/31/2017 at 5:36 PM, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Cheers, I've had about 2 days off in four weeks. Got it recorded on Fox, watched bits and pieces on my phone on Saturday, waiting for a chance to sit down and watch the lot.

For the love of God man........

• Like 1

Jones, Vince, Maynard and Weideman all in. we need to bring in players that are playing well to encourage them to play well.

We need to drop players that are not playing well and stop always hoping that they will bounce back. So my outs would be

Trengrove, Hogan, Hannan, last out possibly JHK,   I would have Jack Watts as a possible drop as well, he needs to pick up his form, he has had some pretty ordinary games lately maybe a spell at casey will remind him and everyone else that everyone needs to play for their spot every week.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

FMD!

I'm going up for the game and I fear I'll stay frozen to the seat until springtime 

Me to Mooney have to wear long Johns and take a  secret flask of steam

5 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

Something tells me Maynard might be debuting this week ;)

If he does he will have deserved going by his last month of footy. A great in who i suspect will stay in the side once in. His contested ball winning power will be super valuable in the next few weeks.

I assume you have seen a fair bit of him drunkn. What is his kicking like? It worries me a bit bringing another good ball winner who turns it over too often

As Much as I can't disagree with the drop Trengove reasoning. I think a swap for Maynard is not 

Trengove has had 2 games playing an unnatural half back role which he did OK against PA and not great along with 15 other mates in Hobart. I would like to see him rotating through the midfield which is his natural position and even swapping in the forward line, anb style. I don't think maynard is going to offer as much as Trengove at senior level just yet.

Maynard and Jones in will add some much needed toughness around the footy

Vince in for JT is a step up

Hogan out so not sure who else.  perhaps not a tall and we play hannan and Trac as leading fwds

52 minutes ago, binman said:

I assume you have seen a fair bit of him drunkn. What is his kicking like? It worries me a bit bringing another good ball winner who turns it over too often

Your worries are probably warranted. When he is not under pressure his kicking is probably the best I've seen of someone who doesn't come from a footy background, but he can butcher it when he is under the pump. 

Will be interesting to see how he steps up to the big time.

8 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

Your worries are probably warranted. When he is not under pressure his kicking is probably the best I've seen of someone who doesn't come from a footy background, but he can butcher it when he is under the pump. 

Will be interesting to see how he steps up to the big time.

Should fit in well then...

• Like 2
  • Love 1