GAMEDAY - Round 17

My coffee cup is trembling slightly in my left hand as I read this Gameday thread for the first time.  Dunno whether that's a good or bad omen, or just this intolerable Canberra cold.  Anyway, I'm tipping the Dees by a small margin, because I reckon our hard-working, two way mids, and our attacking but disciplined backs, will give our forwards just enough suppy to kick a winning score.  If that doesn't work on its own, our sheer will to win, and 'never say die' attitude will surely prevail.  Dees by a few points, giving my pacemaker another solid workout.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Anybody coming in behind Viney Tyson Jones or Watts is fighting for a career spot...

Disagree. But okay.

11 minutes ago, Webber said:

Based on his recent contract extension, I would suggest nor is he. 

Indeed, although he surely can't keep rolling out mediocre (at best) performances.

Having Viney and Jones out of our midfield is a big bridge to cover. Beating Carlton is one thing but a top 2 side is another.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, fndee said:

The population of Darwin is 140,000. If they get 14,000 there it would mean every 1 in 10 at the game. That is pretty impressive

Game is offically a sell out

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, A F said:

Disagree. But okay.

You can think what you like, it doesn't bother me at all. 

Casey Players have a chance to cement a spot in the team tonight, as Pedo has done this year, if they play well and hopefully pull of a WIN. 

Play poorly and it is straight back to Casey Fields

10 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

You can think what you like, it doesn't bother me at all. 

Casey Players have a chance to cement a spot in the team tonight, as Pedo has done this year, if they play well and hopefully pull of a WIN. 

Play poorly and it is straight back to Casey Fields

It clearly isn't straight back to Casey. Kent's game last week was atrocious and he got another game. The FD have shown their hand and they won't simply select a player one week and drop him next. The only situation this happens in is if they already believe the player offers little and is a stopgap (White against Sydney).

3 minutes ago, A F said:

It clearly isn't straight back to Casey. Kent's game last week was atrocious and he got another game. The FD have shown their hand and they won't simply select a player one week and drop him next. The only situation this happens in is if they already believe the player offers little and is a stopgap (White against Sydney).

So when Viney Jones Tyson and Watts are back in the side we will play 26 players will we?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

So when Viney Jones Tyson and Watts are back in the side we will play 26 players will we?

That wasn't my point at all. No one is playing for their career. That's all I take exception to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A F said:

That wasn't my point at all. No one is playing for their career. That's all I take exception to.

A career at Casey Fields in the middle of winter or Play well for the MFC when chances arise, that is what is on offer tonight for fringe players tonight. 

3-4 years ago there was very little between the MFC side & the Casey side

thankfully things have changed

57 minutes ago, rjay said:

I'm looking forward to some balanced and informed posts today....(lol)

In Krakow (first time in Europe) and don't have access to the game.

Have a great time rjay. Wish i was there again.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rjay said:

I'm looking forward to some balanced and informed posts today....(lol)

In Krakow (first time in Europe) and don't have access to the game.

In terms of informed, well, it's in Darwin and we're playing the Crows.

Other than that, good luck.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, fndee said:

The population of Darwin is 140,000. If they get 14,000 there it would mean every 1 in 10 at the game. That is pretty impressive

Are we counting crocodiles ????

11 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Im off to the Sporting Globe in Richmond to watch the game with SWYL.....join us at your peril!

That'll be a long night if we aren't playing well! 

Edited by Wiseblood
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, dl4e said:

Having Viney and Jones out of our midfield is a big bridge to cover. Beating Carlton is one thing but a top 2 side is another.

I've stopped trying to predict these games with any logic.

But yes logic certainly suggests that.

A lot rests with our young stars, Petracca and Oliver.

• Like 1

6 pack of blondes  and a bottle of red will be heading to the bottle o if we win - our backline is our strength, mids break even forwards get 80-100 should be easy lol 

Looking closely at the two sides, an anagram of Adelaide Crows is 'Caseload Weird' - real backline issues at crowland? - while an anagram for 'Melbourne Demons' is 'Norsemen mould be' which obviously points to our Viking berserker approach to the game.

Plainly, this all suggests a Dees win by 13 points.

• Like 4