Maroochydore 2017

Whispering_Jack

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Trengove is not the liability that many here think he has become.

I think most on here actually believe that Trengove is an asset to the Club. He has shown resilience and dedication and is obviously held in high regard by the players. I think what many here do wonder is if he can reach the potential he showed in the first couple of years which is a fair debate. 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, fndee said:

I think most on here actually believe that Trengove is an asset to the Club. He has shown resilience and dedication and is obviously held in high regard by the players. I think what many here do wonder is if he can reach the potential he showed in the first couple of years which is a fair debate. 

Goody was on SEN this morning and provided a timely reminder that this year is the first full preseason Trenners has been able to put in, in 2 years.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, P-man said:

Never would have guessed that was Pedo but for the number on his back. He looks like he's almost halved in size :o

Clearly not mucking about in 2017. Good on him.

I just don't want to him to lose the ability of giving those bone-jarring bumps.

10 kilos lighter would suggest he will.

On 2/2/2017 at 9:28 AM, billy2803 said:

I was thinking the opposite actually.  Thought with him dropping a couple of kegs, and building his tank, it might make him a very appealing 2nd ruck option.  He's always good for a contest, so if he can make more ruck contests because of an increase in fitness, then it has to help keep Watts forward.

It's not one or the other.

Being able to cover the ground well requires elite condition and fitness, no matter the position. 

Sat-man thinks it's black and white.

The fact of the matter is that Pedo was always carrying condition. It was as clear as day to see and he's probably realised/been told that he needed to work harder and drop weight and improve his ability to cover the ground. And more importantly for him, give himself the best chance to stay on the list going forward.

Simple.

Some blokes do the running that's required during their breaks, others do more. Some eat well enough, others are meticulous with their diet. 

There's an article on the AFL site atm about Hannebery and the fact that he hasn't touched grog in almost five months. That's not a club requirement. He has taken it upon himself to cut it out and he is in the best knick of his life. 

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

It's not one or the other.

Being able to cover the ground requires elite condition and fitness, no matter the position. 

Sat-man thinks it's black and white.

The fact of the matter is that Pedo was always carrying condition. It was as clear as day to see and he's probably realised/been told that he needed to work harder and drop weight and improve his ability to cover the ground. And more importantly for him, give himself the best chance to stay on the list going forward.

Simple.

Some blokes do the running that's required during their breaks, others do more. Some eat well enough, others are meticulous with their diet. 

There's an article on the AFL site atm about Hannebery and the fact that he hasn't touched grog in almost five months. That's not a club requirement. He has taken it upon himself to cut it out and he is in the best knick of his life. 

Actually it's not black and white, it's what I gleaned from talking to Pedo himself

Spoke to him at B&F and he was hoping to get a new contract as the big body he was, has had no issues fitness wise at AFL level otherwise he wouldn't be picked and wouldn't have got the new contract

He had a shoulder op over break and I congratulated him on new contract at first training session, discussed what role he may have said same big bodied forward, same as Macca put in his article

But obviously between then and now there has been a rethink and with him being in rehab with his shoulder for a while they worked on him, intend to ask him next time I see him

From what I see at training, it is all about 2 way running at speed, even Pedo joked about it with Burgo, so we now see the result, development in Pedo at nearly 30, all good I say and again it will benefit the team

To change the subject completely:

There's a clip in this video that will put the hearts in the mouths of every supporter.

26 secs in.

What the eff. The surface looks as solid as melting snow.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Intensity was at ? at today&#39;s first main training session <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MFCCamp?src=hash">#MFCCamp</a> <a href="https://t.co/OzC3ZMK8Ps">pic.twitter.com/OzC3ZMK8Ps</a></p>&mdash; Melbourne FC (@melbournefc) <a href="https://twitter.com/melbournefc/status/826716744869834752">February 1, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edited by stevethemanjordan

1 hour ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I plan on going tomorrow. 

Sweet mate, if I wasn't working everyday I'd drive down from Rockhampton, only a 5 hour drive. 

1 hour ago, Satyriconhome said:

The above is what you wrote, when over the last few years posters on here queried Pedo's 'condition', I queried the fact with him, he said the club wanted him playing at the size he was, he was able to compete and was picked and had his contract renewed in that 'condition'

Agreed, there has been a rethink

16 hours ago, Redleg said:

Pretty early to be having his last chance, after injury stuffed up his 3rd year.

I will repeat what I heard and that is that the FD have a high opinion of him.

I reckon this year could be JKH's last chance.  4 years is a fair go even considering injuries. spots in our squad are now hot property. if he doesnt break into the seniors this year it would be unlikely he'll get a new contract

dont want to hang on to players too long if they are not upto it talent wise or their body can't stay together - eg, Strauss, blease

that being said I hope he has a crack this year and does well

10 minutes ago, DubDee said:

I reckon this year could be JKH's last chance.  4 years is a fair go even considering injuries. spots in our squad are now hot property. if he doesnt break into the seniors this year it would be unlikely he'll get a new contract

dont want to hang on to players too long if they are not upto it talent wise or their body can't stay together - eg, Strauss, blease

that being said I hope he has a crack this year and does well

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/sydney-defender-alex-johnson-resigns-with-swans-for-2017-20161029-gsdq3y.html

JKH, as Redleg has stated, is rated by the club, just hasn't managed a clear run, they have rebuilt him from the ground up, only time will tell whether the rebuild has worked

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

Looks more like a midfielder than a key forward with that build

8 hours ago, binman said:

I wondered who it was!

8 hours ago, P-man said:

Never would have guessed that was Pedo but for the number on his back. He looks like he's almost halved in size :o

Clearly not mucking about in 2017. Good on him.

9 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Pedo looking mighty lean in that pic.

I must have a faulty pizztake receptor.

That aint Pedo.......Surely?