WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - JORDAN LEWIS

2 minutes ago, Goodvibes said:

So which club boasts an elite collection of left foot kicks?

Lewis, Salem and Kent are all good kicks. Viney is improving and Tyson is an elite long kick and not so good over shorter distances. Add Brayshaw and Vince who are genuinely duel-sided and the point I'm making is that our midfield group has a unique quality.

My point is that the players I highlighted are far from elite kicks. Somehow people are of the opinion that being a lefty must mean you are a good kick Those players prove that thinking to be wide of the mark. 

CBF looking through other clubs lists, but we have been known as one of the least skilled kicking teams for a very long time now. Hibberd and Lewis are great pick ups for that very reason.

I wouldn't call Tyson an elite kick over ANY distance.

6 minutes ago, TGR said:

The guy who sold shares in the demons the night we lost the Freo final in 2006?  

Yeh thats me.

Nah, later than that. Around Scully time. Bought a Richmond membership. I still get great joy knowing that is the one club we don't worry about when it comes to 4 points, and that membership is probably long microwaved. But it's all cool. Maybe I read TGR as TiGeR or something.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TGR said:

The positive is that we paid nothing, but on-field Lewis will under-deliver.  That 3rd year will be a complete waste of money, but many will say that is what it took to get him here.

Yes, our 3rd man-up at ball-ups will be more unpredictable with Watts and Lewis floating around Gawn.  

Sam Mitchell is an A+ grade on-baller, and had an A grade year.  On the surface, Lewis is just beneath him....right?  Well how come Hawthorn get pulverised in contested ball?  Not beaten.  Pulverised.

The footy world and our supporters are delusional if they think Lewis at 31/32, with no speed, leap, change-of-direction feathers, will be anything more than a good-ordinary player.

I hope we reap the rewards off-field (leadership, mentoring, marketing); because it wont be on-field.

He cost us very little, even if he's not great in his third year he is still an improvement on the likes of Terlich and Matt Jones.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

Well he did leave. We offered him a big whack to stay and he chose a bigger whack.

Imagine if he had have stayed? Our situation would not be anywhere near where it is now.

I agree, we are far better off without $culley, but just don't ever expect me to thank the two faced scum bag.  His clear lies to a dying Jimmy Stynes are unforgivable and he should continue to bear the wrath of MFC supporters for the rest of his career.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uncle Fester said:

Nah, later than that. Around Scully time. Bought a Richmond membership. I still get great joy knowing that is the one club we don't worry about when it comes to 4 points, and that membership is probably long microwaved. But it's all cool. Maybe I read TGR as TiGeR or something.

No, different person.  That bloke chucked the full nana and "quit" the Demons after someone on Demonland upset him.  It was definitely one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen on these forums.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Nasher said:

No, different person.  That bloke chucked the full nana and "quit" the Demons after someone on Demonland upset him.  It was definitely one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen on these forums.

That IS saying something!

• Like 2

Lewis on Trade Radio said the next two candidates for the captaincy after Hodge are now Isaac Smirh and Liam Shiels (Roughead to focus on his health).

The fact they are now the next best candidates says a lot about the significance of Mitchell and Lewis leaving.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

I agree, we are far better off without $culley, but just don't ever expect me to thank the two faced scum bag.  His clear lies to a dying Jimmy Stynes are unforgivable and he should continue to bear the wrath of MFC supporters for the rest of his career.

Get over it FCS.

If it was your son, or mine, he would do exactly the same thing as Scully.

Remember our culture back then?  Scully is getting injured because he is training too hard!!!!!!  HAHAHAHAHA.  No wonder we weren't anywhere near league standard when an 18/19 year old was showing everyone up on the track.  Instead of the lazy older players lifting to his standard, we had the old-boys pointing at him saying "serves you right"

Let's see.  Stay here under Neeldy at 3-400k for 3 putrid seasons; or go to GWS on $2 mil for your first year?

Lying to Stynes' face?  Pfft.  I'm sure Garry has done a lot of lyon lately, and he was older, wiser, and more respected than a young boy.

The Scully bashers here are absolute nuts.  Cookoo squared.  He made the only choice, albeit the right one.

Edited by TGR
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Dr John Dee said:

The spin that's starting to emerge is that it's clearing a salary cap path for Fyfe and Martin to join the Hawks next year. But maybe it's just a sophisticated form of tanking. Not that the Hawks would ever do that, obviously.

Pretty stupid considering they don't have a 1st round pick next year - Saints will be rubbing their hands.

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 11:34 AM, DemonDave said:

Tick! 
Now let's finalise those deals for Hibberd, Fyfe, Rockliff, Tippett and Zac Dawson by Thursday deadline and I'll be very happy

Tippet and Dawson? Seriously no

1 hour ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Last word needs replacing with 'miserable life'. 

• Like 1

Lewis is still a very good player and essentially came for free in terms of draft picks, so the trade is a win from that perspective. However, I don't think he helps our midfield mix at all given we already have similar players in there like Tyson, Oliver and Brayshaw, so I am still a bit concerned about our lack of pace in the midfield. Still, Lewis is a smart player and I would not be surprised if he is used at half back in a similar role to Matthew Boyd. The three year deal could also be a bit too long.

18 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

Lewis is still a very good player and essentially came for free in terms of draft picks, so the trade is a win from that perspective. However, I don't think he helps our midfield mix at all given we already have similar players in there like Tyson, Oliver and Brayshaw, so I am still a bit concerned about our lack of pace in the midfield. Still, Lewis is a smart player and I would not be surprised if he is used at half back in a similar role to Matthew Boyd. The three year deal could also be a bit too long.

I lean closer to you than others in terms of what Lewis brings football wise. That said, PD makes the valid point that he won't be required on the ball to the extent he was at Hawthorn given our depth in that area. He'll automatically be one of the better and smarter kicks in the side, so if he can be freed up a bit more on the outside or behind the ball then our ball movement instantly improves.

Three years doesn't bother me if that's what it took to get him over the line. He'll make two years and his determination should hopefully push him to the line, although there may not be a lot left in the tank by then. It's worth noting that players on average are having longer careers in modern footy.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

As long as we get 2 strong years out of Lewis. 

His game against the Bulldogs last month does concern me a little....

Pretty sure he was injured very early in that game. He was just about BOG the week before

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

17 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Pretty sure he was injured very early in that game. He was just about BOG the week before

He injured his shoulder very early in the game.  Hope it has fully recovered (the natural pessimism of a longstanding MFC supporter coming to the fore). 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

How does it compare to most of our players performances in Round 23 at the Cattery?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

can't believe someone would single out one game and be *concerned* about it. spare me. there must be an awful lot of players on our list that had one bad game last year that must *really concern* you a lot. cheer up wyl, more to be positive about.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

can't believe someone would single out one game and be *concerned* about it. spare me. there must be an awful lot of players on our list that had one bad game last year that must *really concern* you a lot. cheer up wyl, more to be positive about.

3 years is a long time to give someone who has already won 4 flags in a different jumper.

I am just hoping he still has fire in the belly.

Sorry for not doing cartwheels down Nepean Hwy like some on here..

Whorethorn had 11 consecutive goals kicked against it by the Dogs so i consider it more than just "one game"

Edited by Sir Why You Little