WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - JORDAN LEWIS

1 minute ago, Clint Bizkit said:

For what it's worth, I've been told by someone who has been told someone that Rockliff will be a Melbourne player tomorrow. 

I don't know the source, just passing it on before people here have a cry.

This is the Jordan Lewis thread! ?

2 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

For what it's worth, I've been told by someone who has been told someone that Rockliff will be a Melbourne player tomorrow. 

I don't know the source, just passing it on before people here have a cry.

Just got a text saying same.

Any person here asking where he fits into our best 22 are delusional as he walks straight in as the best player in the team.Clearly the only 1 with a decent amount of finals experience, leader & tough as nails.He is an A Grade midfielder in a team that only has B Grade mids currently although some up & coming that may hit A Grade.Elite skills compared to Viney who burns the ball a lot & Jones who bombs away more than pin points targets.He will make the young lads stand up & show them what it takes to be more than bottom 4 material.He has been a runner up in the best midfield of the last decade, we have no one that has reached those heights.It may only be 2 years & then finished but it will b invaluable to the young list & we all know our major weakness is leadership & not knowing how to close out tight games.You can guarantee that with Lewis there this year we wouldn't have lost to Essendon, Carlton or St Kilda when it came crunch time. I for 1 don't care if he keeps Oliver, Brayshaw or Petracca out of the team because at the end of the day if they aren't good enough bad luck

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Looks like tomorrow will be our mad Monday 

What time, which pub.  I'm the one with the horse?

Edited by Lord Ivanhoe
  • Like 5

So let me get this straight.. Hawks initially try to push Lewis out.. They then lose Mitchell to West Coast (for pick 88). Do a backflip on the Lewis deal to us. Announce to the media that he's a required player. Then Clarko flies up to G.C to comfort Jager & reassure him he will be a Hawk. Then attempts to push Lewis into a deal, which would see him go to the Suns.. So Lewis tells Clarko & Hawks to shove it up their backsides, because he wants to be a Dee! ...

Is that right ?? Cause if it is... Lewis would be absolutely filthy with the Hawks.  I think they've become too arrogant for their own good.

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, Die Hard Demon said:

So let me get this straight.. Hawks initially try to push Lewis out.. They then lose Mitchell to West Coast (for pick 88). Do a backflip on the Lewis deal to us. Announce to the media that he's a required player. Then Clarko flies up to G.C to comfort Jager & reassure him he will be a Hawk. Then attempts to push Lewis into a deal, which would see him go to the Suns.. So Lewis tells Clarko & Hawks to shove it up their backsides, because he wants to be a Dee! ...

Is that right ?? Cause if it is... Lewis would be absolutely filthy with the Hawks.  I think they've become too arrogant for their own good.

Alternatively Clarko went to Mitchell and Lewis and thanked them for taking huge pay cuts for many years to win 3 flags and devised a plan to get them both big pay days before their careers ended. Mitchell was already keen to work for Adam Simpson, so Clarko released him to go play at West Coast for a year and use that leverage of playing for a big assistant coaching contract to follow his playing days. Lewis is slowing down and instead of just 1 year at Hawthorn before getting pushed out by Mitchell and O'Meara they used the leverage of being disgruntled to get a 3 year deal out of Melbourne. 

The truth likely lies somewhere in the middle of the two but I'm not convinced Hawthorn will suffer at all from this and the players will likely benefit. 

• Like 1

On 14/10/2016 at 9:07 PM, Redleg said:

He is a short term proposition, 1-2 years and will deny us getting fresh blood into the list. He will also deny games to a young midfielder. An in principle agreement was for our 3 rd pick, before the Hawks Board overruled the FD. He is also outside our target age range.He would of course provide plenty of the buzz word, leadership.

I am not really in favour of the deal, if it happens, but I understand why others including the FD are.

Brian Lake just said he thinks he is gone as a Hawk. 

I'm a bit like you.  I think that most of the outcomes would have been envisaged by Hawthorn in one way or another and from a fair way out.

1 hour ago, Number of the Beast said:

Peter Moore?

still considers himself a Pie..   go figure

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Die Hard Demon said:

Maybe the Hawks planned to use Lewis as the bait for o'meara and when he says yeah I will move on but screw you im going to Dee's. Hawks plans thrown into disarray and tell him that will not honour that trade but by this time the damage is done and now they are forced to do the right thing by Lewis 

• Like 3

other than Thankyou very much

whole thing is hilarious and entertaining.

Cant wait for Derime's take !! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, demonoid said:

Maybe the Hawks planned to use Lewis as the bait for o'meara and when he says yeah I will move on but screw you im going to Dee's. Hawks plans thrown into disarray and tell him that will not honour that trade but by this time the damage is done and now they are forced to do the right thing by Lewis 

I also think that once its out of the bag that a player has requested a trade to another club, if that is indeed the case, then the club in question would be reluctant to keep that player on their list.

26 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Alternatively Clarko went to Mitchell and Lewis and thanked them for taking huge pay cuts for many years to win 3 flags and devised a plan to get them both big pay days before their careers ended. Mitchell was already keen to work for Adam Simpson, so Clarko released him to go play at West Coast for a year and use that leverage of playing for a big assistant coaching contract to follow his playing days. Lewis is slowing down and instead of just 1 year at Hawthorn before getting pushed out by Mitchell and O'Meara they used the leverage of being disgruntled to get a 3 year deal out of Melbourne. 

The truth likely lies somewhere in the middle of the two but I'm not convinced Hawthorn will suffer at all from this and the players will likely benefit. 

Yes, except for hawthorn coming out on Friday declaring Lewis a required player, and that he is not tradeable

• Like 2

1 minute ago, demondame said:

Yes, except for hawthorn coming out on Friday declaring Lewis a required player, and that he is not tradeable

That's true. Might have been to get Melbourne to up their offer, or might have been to placate members and let the Mitchell news sink in first.

• Like 1

Just now, demondame said:

demondame, you called the Hogan re-signing and contract announcement timing perfectly - one of the few to do so.

Do you have any insight into Rockliff or Hbberd status?

Cheers