Jesse Hogan re-signs to end of Season 2019

Lucifers Hero

19 minutes ago, Watts the matter said:

Good news that he has re-signed and I am very happy with the 3 years. As his manager said it's still very much an unknown how good he will become. 

If I heard it right (his manager gave a sneaky one word answer which I found hard to hear) he has essentially signed a 3 year deal, changing next years contract and the terms around 2017. 

Yep, this is correct.  It was tweeted by Trade Radio that this new contract is a 3 year deal, and his contract for 2017 has been ripped up to make room for this one.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Uncle Fester said:

Refresh my memory:

What did purple have to say on this 24 -48 hours ago?

I believe Barrett's commentary throughout has been that the WA clubs believed him to be 'gettable'. Which given WC's declared public interest and Hogan admitting he was 50/50 at times, was seemingly correct. Cant recall him saying he would go. I may be wrong but I suspect it was more of people hearing what they want to hear as opposed to what is actually said/reported. We we all know how much that happens on here.

For the people obsessed with what the media say and going into a frenzy when they aren't right, I'd be more keen on addressing Karl Langdon who said Hogan's next contract would be for a WA club.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Melb16 said:

I believe Barrett's commentary throughout has been that the WA clubs believed him to be 'gettable'. Which given WC's declared public interest and Hogan admitting he was 50/50 at times, was seemingly correct. Cant recall him saying he would go. I may be wrong but I suspect it was more of people hearing what they want to hear as opposed to what is actually said/reported. We we all know how much that happens on here.

For the people obsessed with what the media say and going into a frenzy when they aren't right, I'd be more keen on addressing Karl Langdon who said Hogan's next contract would be for a WA club.

Nah, not obsessed, just interested how little he really knows outside of trolling places like here and bigfooty.

As for Langdon... he says what he says for the local market and anyone east of that should take it with a grain of salt

8 minutes ago, Melb16 said:

It's entirely possible that Jesse's manager did hint to the W.A clubs that he was gettable to create the media circus and get the Dees to bump their financial offer up a bit higher. 

It's possible Damo got the info from inside a Perth club and didn't understand that it was a ploy from his manager rather than a true reading of the situation. 

24 minutes ago, Abe said:

It's entirely possible that Jesse's manager did hint to the W.A clubs that he was gettable to create the media circus and get the Dees to bump their financial offer up a bit higher. 

It's possible Damo got the info from inside a Perth club and didn't understand that it was a ploy from his manager rather than a true reading of the situation. 

Honestly Abe Damo would not know a tram was up him till the Connie rang the bell.

The majority of commentators at this time of the year get a morsel of info and turn it into a feast.

Never let the truth ( which they don't know ) get in the road of a good story.

Most of them know no more than us.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, old dee said:

Honestly Abe Damo would not know a tram was up him till the Connie rang the bell.

The majority of commentators at this time of the year get a morsel of info and turn it into a feast.

Never let the truth ( which they don't know ) get in the road of a good story.

Most of them know no more than us.

Oh i agree OD, but there is no doubt if Hogans manager wanted to spread the rumour Damo would just run with it and the bigger picture would just go totally over his head.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Abe said:

Agree that is not only possible but likely. If so, he's reporting the truth and it's the manger who lied.

I've never understood why people get so worked up by what the media say. Listen to it, assess it and form your opinion.

If you've got half a brain you can work out the people that sensationalise what they hear and the ones that report it for what it is.

Stoked Hogan committed and for less coin made a few look silly fancy someone giving up a cool million to stay with the dees.

5 minutes ago, Mega Malt said:

Stoked Hogan committed and for less coin made a few look silly fancy someone giving up a cool million to stay with the dees.

I'm not sure if the Hun understand how contracts for potential superstars works. Freo and WC would have put forward contracts that would have tied Hogan to the club for life. ie; $1.2m a year over 7-8 years. Once you factor in salary cap increases, his $1.2m as a percentage of the club's TPP reduces year by year. The deal also ties Hogan to the club during the prime of his career.

By signing a 2 year extension with us, he still wouldn't have reached his prime when his contract expires. You couldn't expect the club to pay top dollar for this contract. If he re-signs with us past this contract, I'd imagine it would be on something like $1.5m per year. In the long run, I'd say it would even itself out.

• Like 2

On 04/10/2016 at 8:58 AM, faultydet said:

Only 2 more years hey?

Clearly gone at the end of this contract.

Damn @Nasher

Beat me by a few seconds.....

Wouldn't you do the same? It is one thing for buddy to sign a 10 year deal with the swans. We have yet to prove anything, but clearly hoges thinks the signs are good. We should too. He will sign a 5 year deal when we consistently are in the top 4, hopefully starting next year. 

Well done Dees.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DemonWA said:

How bizaree is it to come to demonland to read good news for a change?! 

Has to happen occasionally !! ;)

But tis good eh.

I think its a very good result all round.  

and we move on...and upwards  etc.

Will be interesting to see how Goody rejigs the game plan to more his style and how he will utilse the style of player that Jesse is. He already has a bit of a tank so maybe he might mrph into something many wouldnt suspect... a marauding go anywhere  follower. In many respects he wasted just camping in the forward 50 and I think we're developing others to play more that role.

Exciting times ahead. Will be interesting to see what knock on effect his retention might have to any others considering our club ?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Anyone who posts a negative comment is a bum! 

thanks Bob....er  I mean Ernie  :rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, Dees2014 said:

Wouldn't you do the same? It is one thing for buddy to sign a 10 year deal with the swans. We have yet to prove anything, but clearly hoges thinks the signs are good. We should too. He will sign a 5 year deal when we consistently are in the top 4, hopefully starting next year. 

Well done Dees.

twas only taking the wee '14

I'm as happy as anyone is about another 2 years.

I think this million dollars less is a furphy too, who knows what he was offered and what we are paying him

12 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Ralph really is a [censored]. It's 52 years, not 62 years you idiot.

• Like 3