Jesse Hogan re-signs to end of Season 2019

Lucifers Hero

3 minutes ago, deanox said:

He will be an RFA at the end of this contract under current rules.  

I remember reading the AFL have stated that 2013 as a 17 yo counts towards FA status. 

Did I miss another rule change, I thought it was 8 years, not 7 for RFA?

• Like 3

Great news! 

The MFC has done a brilliant job signing all our must keep players. Now we can push for finals over the next three years. That will make them want to hang around.

Maybe some active twitter users can blow up Damien Barrett's account about how "gettable" Jesse was this year?

He'll claim circumstances changed but that's the thing with his bull),&@ he claims anything and then justifies it with rubbish. Terrible journalism and it seems he was used by his manager mates. 

Yay Jesse!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Did I miss another rule change, I thought it was 8 years, not 7 for RFA?

Stuie, you're right.  I went back and checked, I'd misunderstood the rules. 

Even better result for us if FA rules stay as they are. 

• Like 1

Just now, deanox said:

Stuie, you're right.  I went back and checked, I'd misunderstood the rules. 

Even better result for us if FA rules stay as they are. 

Literally can't keep up with how often these things change, so wouldn't have been surprised! There's a pretty strong push from the AFLPA to make it 6/8 years in stead of 8/10 isn't there? Seems pretty likely. With that and the CBA still progressing, it's a smart move by his management which will give him a strong starting point for his next contract. Fair enough too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ProDee said:

So many floggs on the other thread.

Out yourself in here and give yourself an uppercut.

Or you could say something like: "Great news for the club I love! This guy is a massive part of our future and I'm excited by our young group."

You know, rather than focusing on other people on Demonland...

• Like 6

Just now, stuie said:

Literally can't keep up with how often these things change, so wouldn't have been surprised! There's a pretty strong push from the AFLPA to make it 6/8 years in stead of 8/10 isn't there? Seems pretty likely. With that and the CBA still progressing, it's a smart move by his management which will give him a strong starting point for his next contract. Fair enough too.

it also allows him to see how things go under Goody before deciding if he sticks around long term, in three years time i feel we should be top 4 and contending, but look at a side like the Pies, coaching transition doesn't always work perfectly. 

smart move i reckon, i assume the perth rumours probably added a few $$ to his new deal as well.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, praha said:

Called it that it would be sorted before trade period. Was confident the club would have traded him if he didn't re-sign before that period. Zero chance they would have gone into 2017 without having him sign an extension.

My sentiments exactly. Those who thought that it was ok for him to go into next year uncommitted are kidding themselves. The club realised that it would have derailed our year, and a decision either way had to be made this week.

Two year extension is not an issue because we've got him locked up for 3 seasons, and I assume that we haven't had to offer him a franchise player type deal.

Just now, doc roet said:

I wonder what $ after Roos said we would'nt be paying exorbitant deals. 

And now the speculation begins doc.

To be honest I don't care, I trust our this FD has come up with the right number for all concerned.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Or you could say something like: "Great news for the club I love! This guy is a massive part of our future and I'm excited by our young group."

You know, rather than focusing on other people on Demonland...

That covers it stuie

• Like 1

Those who said he was gone... you were wrong

Those who questioned his commitment to the club... you were wrong

Those who personally attacked a young mans character and loyalty while he was/is dealing with a reportedly terminally ill parent, I hope you feel good about yourself. It was pathetic.

Good onya Jesse. Let's win flags now.

• Like 19

fantastic result. also, here's the rules around free agency:

rfa rules:  Players who are in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (that is, in the club’s top nine-10 paid players) are eligible for restricted free agency the first time they are out of contract, if they have served at least eight years with the club.

ufa rules: Players who are not in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (that is, in the club’s top nine-10 paid players) are eligible for unrestricted free agency if they have served at least eight years with the club.

so presumably even if you include his year at casey he will NOT be a free agent at the end of 2019.

Edited by DemonAndrew
free agency rules added
  • Like 4

The thing that boils my grits (over on the other thread) and happens every time one of our footballers doesn't re-sign on the timetable a poster is happy with, is the questioning of the players commitment and in particular, their talent. These footballers go from good to bog ordinary based purely on not signing a contract quickly enough. Those questioning what Hogan has produced over 41 games - lordy....

• Like 5

I'm pumped about this. We can build a flag around this bloke.

If we now secure Hibberd for a second round pick and perhaps also land Michael Barlow for a set of steak knives (essentially to take the spot opened up through Matt Jones' departure), I'm content for the club to do nothing more in this trade period.

Our future success will come from the players already at the club.

Top work Josh Mahoney.

Edited by Ron Burgundy
  • Like 4