Changes for next week v Swans

57 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

I thought Wagner was good yesterday, am I on my own here?

I thought he was okay as well. A couple of his kicks were floaters due to the wind affecting the ball drop but he wasn't on his lonesome in that regard. Players from both sides suffered from that.

Also, I can't see the coaches dropping him for anyone other than a left footer to be coming off that flank. That removes Grimes from the equation and gives Mitch White a shot if elevated.

I'm pretty sure Wagner has been doing everything the coaches have asked of him and will get his rest during the bye.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, watchtheeyes said:

I've noticed a lot of people saying that Vanders struggled or was a bit untidy. He's not the prettiest footballer but he's just so hard around the ball and is an awkward match up at half forward next to Hogan, Watts and Dawes.

I really like what he offered today and would definitely play him next week.

Like most I'd focus on fatigued players, Stretch may be in that basket in which case I'd bring in M Jones or Harmes.

Perhaps Vanders just needs some continuity of games which he hasn't had so far this year

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, McQueen said:

I thought he was okay as well. A couple of his kicks were floaters due to the wind affecting the ball drop but he wasn't on his lonesome in that regard. Players from both sides suffered from that.

Also, I can't see the coaches dropping him for anyone other than a left footer to be coming off that flank. That removes Grimes from the equation and gives Mitch White a shot if elevated.

I'm pretty sure Wagner has been doing everything the coaches have asked of him and will get his rest during the bye.

Wagner is the present and the future.  He plays like there are no tomorrow's. Let him make mistakes but he represents the new MFC. No going back to the tried, tested and failed. Other than where injury means there is no other choice. Nostalgia or sentimentality should not get a guernsey. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, stuie said:

No I agree Jones was good earlier in the year, but he hasn't earned a call up yet. That, plus Wagner for Grimes and Oliver out I have to disagree with.

Jones was battling a back injury. Last week was his first game back and he played limited minutes. This week he played his first full game back and got 32 touches. Everyone forgets he was injured not dropped

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Wagner is a better kick with less time to think I find.

It's when he is in the clear and on his own that he tends to shank them more.

46 minutes ago, DemonLad5 said:

Jones was battling a back injury. Last week was his first game back and he played limited minutes. This week he played his first full game back and got 32 touches. Everyone forgets he was injured not dropped

No, I didn't forget that, and as I said, he was good early in the year. But he's played 1 1/2 games and despite his 32 touches was not amongst Casey's best players.

He's not ready yet.

2 hours ago, jackaub said:

Melbourne members dont go to Buller for the snow Do they?

I did, looked out the window, saw snow, no footy until QB so why not. Oh I see what you mean, yes the red wine and meals were great. 

18 hours ago, DemonAndrew said:

Bugg did his hammy didn't he?

So that's one. VandenBerg looked sore and Stretch and Oliver came into the game as it went on but the latter in particular looked to be running up and down on the one spot at one stage.

Bugg for Garlett? Grimes? ANB?

Depends on the role required on a small ground I guess.

Jumbo, his last game for Casey was the worst game I've seen him play.

2 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

No your not. In fact i thought i thought he used the ball very well.

Seriously supporters just think that a first year half back with neat disposal has to hit a target every kick. And when they don't they want them dropped asap..

Mind boggling..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Nope. I was very surprised to see his name come up in here. 

It's not new for me to be surprised by the views of others though, it happens most weeks. I guess everyone sees things through their own eyes with their own biases. 

1 minute ago, Nasher said:

Nope. I was very surprised to see his name come up in here. 

It's not new for me to be surprised by the views of others though, it happens most weeks. I guess everyone sees things through their own eyes with their own biases. 

You mean we have biases Nasher?

Surely not

I know I don't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a game where we played just OK but won easily and everyone contributed, I would like to see one change: Garland for Oscar McDonald.

Oscar played his best game yesterday, but he is not in our best 22 IMO and Garland is ahead of him at this point.

We may get away with it in Sydney on the small SCG, but I don’t think we can get away with playing all three of Tyson, Trengove and Oliver in the same midfield over the long term. I think the balance of our side would look better with Matt Jones, Harmes or Grimes coming in for Trengove or Oliver.

I would also like to bring Garlett back in, but he needs a good game in the VFL before this can happen.

1 hour ago, Fat Tony said:

After a game where we played just OK but won easily and everyone contributed, I would like to see one change: Garland for Oscar McDonald.

Oscar played his best game yesterday, but he is not in our best 22 IMO and Garland is ahead of him at this point.

We may get away with it in Sydney on the small SCG, but I don’t think we can get away with playing all three of Tyson, Trengove and Oliver in the same midfield over the long term. I think the balance of our side would look better with Matt Jones, Harmes or Grimes coming in for Trengove or Oliver.

I would also like to bring Garlett back in, but he needs a good game in the VFL before this can happen.

The weather forecast is for 15-40mm of rain on Sunday. With that in mind, I would look at resting Dawes and bringing in another wet tracker like Michie.

3 hours ago, hemingway said:

Wagner is the present and the future.  He plays like there are no tomorrow's. Let him make mistakes but he represents the new MFC. No going back to the tried, tested and failed. Other than where injury means there is no other choice. Nostalgia or sentimentality should not get a guernsey. 

Gee you are hard on him Ernest.

What number is he I cannot seem to find him on the list.

32 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

The weather forecast is for 15-40mm of rain on Sunday. With that in mind, I would look at resting Dawes and bringing in another wet tracker like Michie.

A very wet weekend predicted for here in Sydney. I think that means Stretch will be rested. We will need some fresh legs and help for Gawn.

• Like 1

If dropping players for those with fresher legs, I'm not sure the guys who played at Casey would be a hell of a lot fresher. Whilst they did play on Saturday afternoon, they played in an absolute freezing, sludgy bog. I'd take my chances on the guys who played on firm ground Monday (esp. if it's going to be another wet bog pitch in Sydney). 

1 hour ago, Fat Tony said:

Been updated to 20-60mm with 95% chance of rain.

Expect one of Frost or O Mac to be dropped down back and possibly Dawes up forward.

1 minute ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Been updated to 20-60mm with 95% chance of rain.

Expect one of Frost or O Mac to be dropped down back and possibly Dawes up forward.

wow!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old dee said:

Gee you are hard on him Ernest.

What number is he I cannot seem to find him on the list.

Jack Nostalgia I was thinking of as you would have known old friend. On re-reading my post it does seem a little tough as i am really quite sentimental although not nostalgic but I do hope he gets to play 100 games. Did you enjoy some suitable refreshment after the big game? I am thinking of a single malt. Laphroaig is my favourite tipple although not taken for some time.