The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

3 hours ago, 3183 Dee said:

9k=.jpg

What's going on here?! He's laughing at us...and now he's going to take Harmesy as well!

Looks like something or someone below camera shot is taking their interest.

7 hours ago, picket fence said:

FF With a licence to roam! His kicking technique is dreadful ! He misses too many sitters . This needs a MAJOR overhaul before next season! IMO

I agree he needs to get his kicking right. But I got news for you. A footballer who is taking 9 out of his 14 marks between the wing and centre half forward is a centre half forward

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, nutbean said:

I agree he needs to get his kicking right. But I got news for you. A footballer who is taking 9 out of his 14 marks between the wing and centre half forward is a centre half forward

Yep FF's predominantly take their marks inside forward 50.

I hope Jesse is watching how Josh Kennedy is going about it tonight. None of this running back hoping for the kick over the back, no sulking at teamates for not hitting him. Just straight straight up leading up towards the ball.

An absolute A grade power forward is Kennedy.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I hope Jesse is watching how Josh Kennedy is going about it tonight. None of this running back hoping for the kick over the back, no sulking at teamates for not hitting him. Just straight straight up leading up towards the ball.

An absolute A grade power forward is Kennedy.

jesse spent the entire game against carlton leading up at the ball carrier - it's why he clunked 14 marks against them.

his kicking let him down. kennedy also has an unconventional action, but he's made it work for him over the last decade - but, like jesse, he started off hot and cold.

and kennedy's first two-three years were nothing compared to hogan's.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nutbean said:

And that is where I think Jessie is more valuable to the team anyway.

I look forward to the day when we have enough quality ball carriers/deliverers that we can park Jack Watts in the forward 50 and utilise his goal kicking prowess where we recruited him to play.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter

Russell Robertson was a terrible kick for goal. Over one summer he obviously worked on it and came back unbelievably accurate, for the rest of his career.

Kicking technique can be improved.

Jesse needs to work with Jack Watts.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Russell Robertson was a terrible kick for goal. Over one summer he obviously worked on it and came back unbelievably accurate, for the rest of his career.

Kicking technique can be improved.

Jesse needs to work with Jack Watts.

Well it is a little surprising considering the hoopla early this season with the Ox's comments and Hogans need to have a press conference to tell the world there is nothing wrong with his goal kicking and suggesting the Ox minds his own business. The problem was obvious last season and since then has not improved. Either he is in denial or he is having great difficulties in sorting it out. By appearances seems like nothing has been done to rectify the problem.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Well it is a little surprising considering the hoopla early this season with the Ox's comments and Hogans need to have a press conference to tell the world there is nothing wrong with his goal kicking and suggesting the Ox minds his own business. The problem was obvious last season and since then has not improved. Either he is in denial or he is having great difficulties in sorting it out. By appearances seems like nothing has been done to rectify the problem.

Don't think a door stop interview could be called a press conference.

49 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Don't think a door stop interview could be called a press conference.

Are you sure?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-16/poor-kicking-for-goal-was-just-a-bit-of-an-off-day-for-melbournes-jesse-hogan

3 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

Just turned over to Fox Footy and saw David King talking to Jack Watts at a driving range. He mentioned something about Jesse Hogan coming over a lot and 'watching young love blossom'. What was that about?

Dating Jack Watts' girlfriend's sister I think. Having said that, I think Hogan is off to Perth based on his disinterested body language. 

I'm not sure if his bad body language is because he is disinterested or he is just a sook. Honestly leaning towards him being a sook, I reckon he is 50/50 to stay but don't think his attitude will magically change at a new club.

I reckon we won't let him go another year unsigned though, in a few weeks the club will demanding to know his future intentions.

Honestly he was disinterested today. Again on 3 occasions he played for free kicks. Competitive... hardly? 

Hogan was rumoured to be after $800,000 a year for min. 5 year deal. wow... he is NOT worth that (just my opinion).

Freo offer might be pick 3 and their 1st round pick in 2017 draft.  Hmmm ... no ... no.... umm ... but just maybe... yeh !!! 

• Like 2

Jesse hogan is dating jack watts sisters girlfriend, I believe (Source: Watts's interview stated it) She is from Melbourne, if this is a serious relationship, it would obviously increase the chances of jesse staying in Melbourne as she is from Melbourne. For those saying who cares if he leaves etc, are idiots, He is vital to our future. Of course jesse has his weaknesses, hence why its his second year of afl for goodness sake. Yes his attitude stinks at times, yes his kicking at some parts of THIS year have let him/us down, but he's just going through a patch at the moment that will turn out best for him and us. This year has been the year in my opinion that will shape him into the great player he will become, as his weaknesses have been revealed this year and thankfully, they are minor issues that are very fixable.

Just to give you a quick run down

Jesse Hogan 41 games 85 goals @2.07 goals per game (2.1). In addition averaged 6.7 marks in his first and year 7.1 this year! Everyone puts such high expectations on the kid, do you not realise how good of a return this is for a young man who has just 41 games under his belt, and in every one of those 41 games he has had to handle the oppositions best defender. 

to put it into perspective ill Show you the return of goals per game of of the elite forwards of the competitions first 34-45 games.

As you would all agree the following three players are the best Key position forwards in the league, at the moment. 

Tom Lynch: First 41 games, 39 goals @0.95 goals per game

Buddy Franklin: first 34 games, 52 goals @1.53 goals per game. Also remember in his first 34 games he wasn't getting the opponents best defender!

Josh kennedy: first 45 games, 49 goals @1.08 goals per game, yet again wasn't getting the opponents best defender in his first 45 games.

Some will argue that I've only gone through the statistic of goals and kicking goals do not measure who has had a better first two years, well guess what jesse kills them in every other stat as well (Disposals, marks, contested marks, and so forth) 

Just remember key position players take time to hit there peak... And that jesse wasn't the only one that looked disinterested etc today.. There were a handful. 

He will get over all of these hurdles and become a great, hopefully of the MFC! (Not freo)

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Woodyy said:

Jesse hogan is dating jack watts sisters girlfriend, I believe (Source: Watts's interview stated it) She is from Melbourne, if this is a serious relationship, it would obviously increase the chances of jesse staying in Melbourne as she is from Melbourne. For those saying who cares if he leaves etc, are idiots, He is vital to our future. Of course jesse has his weaknesses, hence why its his second year of afl for goodness sake. Yes his attitude stinks at times, yes his kicking at some parts of THIS year have let him/us down, but he's just going through a patch at the moment that will turn out best for him and us. This year has been the year in my opinion that will shape him into the great player he will become, as his weaknesses have been revealed this year and thankfully, they are minor issues that are very fixable.

Just to give you a quick run down

Jesse Hogan 41 games 85 goals @2.07 goals per game (2.1). In addition averaged 6.7 marks in his first and year 7.1 this year! Everyone puts such high expectations on the kid, do you not realise how good of a return this is for a young man who has just 41 games under his belt, and in every one of those 41 games he has had to handle the oppositions best defender. 

to put it into perspective ill Show you the return of goals per game of of the elite forwards of the competitions first 34-45 games.

As you would all agree the following three players are the best Key position forwards in the league, at the moment. 

Tom Lynch: First 41 games, 39 goals @0.95 goals per game

Buddy Franklin: first 34 games, 52 goals @1.53 goals per game. Also remember in his first 34 games he wasn't getting the opponents best defender!

Josh kennedy: first 45 games, 49 goals @1.08 goals per game, yet again wasn't getting the opponents best defender in his first 45 games.

Some will argue that I've only gone through the statistic of goals and kicking goals do not measure who has had a better first two years, well guess what jesse kills them in every other stat as well (Disposals, marks, contested marks, and so forth) 

Just remember key position players take time to hit there peak... And that jesse wasn't the only one that looked disinterested etc today.. There were a handful. 

He will get over all of these hurdles and become a great, hopefully of the MFC! (Not freo)

puts it all into perspective. give the kid a break because he is an integral part of our future and if he left, we would be wondering what the dees could have been with him in our best 22. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, qwerty7 said:

puts it all into perspective. give the kid a break because he is an integral part of our future and if he left, we would be wondering what the dees could have been with him in our best 22. 

Likely better off going by the great wins and  functioning forward line we have had with him missing 

Edited by america de cali

Just now, america de cali said:

Proberly better off going by the great wins and  functioning forward line we have had with him missing 

I think this is purely coincidental. What about some of our other great wins and other matches throughout the year that we have had with Hogan in our side? 3 goals against GWS, 3 against North, 2 against Collingwood, etc....If he didn't kick those 7 goals against St. Kilda in Rd 6, we would have lost by a lot more than 39 pts. He was instrumental in our improvement in 2015 too and was extremely consistent - hence why he won the rising star. 

People are ridiculous in how quick they are to discredit someone with exceptional talent. I'm not saying he is perfect and doesn't have issues he doesn't need to work on, but what I am saying is that he has still had an incredible first couple of years for someone who is only 21 years of age by comparison to the other superstar key forwards of our competition. 

We need Hogan and I wouldn't turn down his signature any day. I get why people are frustrated - I am too - but he is a kid and still will improve immensely in the years to come. 

• Like 1