Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

Fyfe has come out saying he is going to explode his opinions at the end of next year as he is a free agent.

Hogan for Fyfe anyone?

Edited by ILLDieADemon

13 minutes ago, ILLDieADemon said:

Fyfe had just come out saying he is going to explode his opinions at the end of next as he is a free agent.

Hogan for Fyfe anyone?

What?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Grand New Flag said:

I would not read too much into this.  Josh is simply keeping the club honest in the early stages of negotiation. Hogan has said he wishes to re-sign, but no deal has yet been struck as such maintaining a market is what any good manager would do.  This is standard.

8 hours ago, Abe said:

Yup, Hogan signing will be significant, the club will want to milk it for as much as it's worth, these sort of signings can often happen a long time before anyone hears about them, they just wait for the right moment to announce it.

???

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ILLDieADemon said:

Fyfe has come out saying he is going to explode his opinions at the end of next year as he is a free agent.

Hogan for Fyfe anyone?

3 minutes ago, SaberFang said:

iWKad22.jpg

Am I a bit late??

• Like 1

On 20 July 2016 at 4:09 PM, Deeoldfart said:

For me the most significant quote from Jesse is:   “The factors are probably where the club is heading, that’s the main one,” Hogan said

Well I hope he was watching very closely the Hawks game for several reasons.

- Yes it seems we can play some great footy and are definitely on the rise: it is a matter of developing consistency within and between games.

- It was a genuine team effort, with mids in particular seeing multiple options up forward, not just the superstar.

- He could have had a good look at Weideman's set shot routine.

Edited by monoccular
sp

19 minutes ago, ILLDieADemon said:

Am I a bit late??

I think the face palm is around trading (when not needing to) for someone who is a free agent..... Or I'm completely missing something

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tessaract said:

Hogan is what? I've seen nothing to suggest he will become a great player let alone a good one. Can't understand the fascination with his future. Sure he won the rising star...so did Jarred Rivers...a handy player no doubt, but a star? There are players already on our list that have had fewer opportunities but done more...Seems to be a passionate mindset that he will bring good fortune which seems difficult to equate with his achievements notwithstanding his perceived "upside"? What is seen that I can't see in him? Would happily be wrong in the most fundamental way...yet is he worth the zillions some are prepared to pay and what might we get for him in return? A forward that cannot mark in a contest and is innacurate in front more often than is comfortable, a self centric player with more than his share of conceit.

Mate, KPPs generally take years to develop into quality players. Compare what Jesse is doing now with what Gawn and Watts were doing at the same stage in their careers.

Will be a genuine star of the comp, and that's why no dees fan should be happy to see him leave.

Hopefully he's staying

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Abe said:

what's the confusion Rjay? simply saying not all announcements happen right away, the bigger ones can be timed to get the best response.

More to do with the post you are quoting 'Abe'...

Our man with the inside info seems confused with Josh Mahoney's role & Hogans managers role.

10 hours ago, ILLDieADemon said:

Hogan for Fyfe anyone?

Still laughing, and this is the edited version!

12 hours ago, Tessaract said:

Hogan is what? I've seen nothing to suggest he will become a great player let alone a good one. 

I pretty much stopped reading after this. Whilst I respect your opinion not to crystal ball about Hogans future I could not disagree with you more about seeing nothing to suggest that he will become a "good player" as by any standards he has already passed that mark. He is currently 11th on the goal kicking list. Ranked 10th in the league for  marks  and contested marks (av per game). You don't think that qualifies him as a "good player" ?

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, trout said:

Caroline Wilson on Footy Classified tonight said she is starting to think Hogan is more likely to go than stay now and that the club is getting a bit frustrated. Might be an interesting off season. 

Heard that - no evidence to back it up, just her thinking, which is about on par with the hand wringers of Demonland.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Heard that - no evidence to back it up, just her thinking, which is about on par with the hand wringers of Demonland.

Wise, you are painting yourself as one of the grinning, glass half full, "everything is great" bunch.

Maybe you should meet the others somewhere in the middle hey?

2 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Wise, you are painting yourself as one of the grinning, glass half full, "everything is great" bunch.

Maybe you should meet the others somewhere in the middle hey?

What's wrong with that?  I've always been in the glass half full area, although I know that everything is not great.  If it was great we would be playing finals.  The year has been good, not great.

I just don't like journo's who drop an opinion with nothing to back it up.  It serves no purpose.

Just now, Wiseblood said:

What's wrong with that?  I've always been in the glass half full area, although I know that everything is not great.  If it was great we would be playing finals.  The year has been good, not great.

I just don't like journo's who drop an opinion with nothing to back it up.  It serves no purpose.

Caro is not going to print that story while  including the name of her source. She has a fair track record, and that is cause for me to be concerned.

Of course I hope she is wrong, but she has many more inside sources than I do.

25 minutes ago, trout said:

Caroline Wilson on Footy Classified tonight said she is starting to think Hogan is more likely to go than stay now and that the club is getting a bit frustrated. Might be an interesting off season. 

Not sure that's what she said. She said she believes he changes his mind a lot. She also said officials were unsure what he's going to do and neither is she.

But if I missed that part she said she thinks he's more likely to go then fair enough.

9 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

David Schwarz was spot on with regarding his kicking. 

Big summer coming up for Jesse.

Very true.  He needs to fix it, although his confidence is shot as well, which doesn't help.  If we want him to be the superstar forward we all know he can be, then he needs to address this over the summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Caro is not going to print that story while  including the name of her source. She has a fair track record, and that is cause for me to be concerned.

Of course I hope she is wrong, but she has many more inside sources than I do.

She is not printing any story.  It was just her opinion of FC.

• Like 1

Just now, Wiseblood said:

Very true.  He needs to fix it, although his confidence is shot as well, which doesn't help.  If we want him to be the superstar forward we all know he can be, then he needs to address this over the summer.

Hogan has the tools to be a superstar. Anyone who denies that has zero footy i.q

We just need to sort his head out.