The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

1 minute ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

It was more of a statement.

Besides the hypothesising about whether the pull of home will sway him to leave, what concerns me more at the moment is his form.  Maybe its my imagination and I know he cops a great deal of close checking from the opposition, but to me, he just does not seem to be switched on.  I hope it is only my imagination 

FFS, I'm terribly sorry for presenting a perspective - however misguided it may have been.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Besides the hypothesising about whether the pull of home will sway him to leave, what concerns me more at the moment is his form.  Maybe its my imagination and I know he cops a great deal of close checking from the opposition, but to me, he just does not seem to be switched on.  I hope it is only my imagination 

FFS, I'm terribly sorry for presenting a perspective - however misguided it may have been.

No need to apologise to me smithy, I completely agree with you, we should drop Hogan and give him a spell in the two's. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

OK, OK, I am terribly sorry for asking the question.  Please, please forgive me.  

I can't forgive you. It's not in my nature ( I haven't forgiven Scully. For god's sake I can't forgive Greg Wells for leaving to go to Carlton) 

I hesitate to ever rely on anything John Ralph says as he is often no more than a parrot.

But he just said on SEN that the comments coming out of Melbourne is that they 'are certain' he will stay!. 

Truly hope Ralph is parroting correctly! 

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Didn't he say last week Hogan was leaving? 

He might have, but because his news is positive on Hogan, I'm happy to say that Ralph is always spot on with his sources.

Last week?  He was always wrong and hadn't got any rumour right in 5 years.

• Like 17

On 4/7/2016 at 6:16 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

I hesitate to ever rely on anything John Ralph says as he is often no more than a parrot.

But he just said on SEN that the comments coming out of Melbourne is that they 'are certain' he will stay!. 

Truly hope Ralph is parroting correctly! 

Often reading bigfooty, it is almost always assumed that Hogan is going to Freo. Perhaps, it has affected my thinking as well. I hope Ralph is right!!!

Edited by Moneider96

Honestly can't understand why he'd want to go to Freo. Our midfield is mid range but improving, but Freo's is worse. They'd have to give us something huge to make it work, and I genuinely don't think they've got it.

I don't mind if Jesse waits. He can watch Cam McCathy struggle next year for a few weeks. That'll probably save us 100K off the contract.

Strangely enough, The longer this goes on, the more confident I am that he will stay. Freo have struggled badly this year and I think that will be a major factor for Jesse. He seems to enjoy the lifestyle in Melbourne and the club is more than happy for him to go and see his family. The only other thing would have been the lifestyle but he has his club mates to go surfing with also so I dont think that will be a deciding factor. 

3 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-05/no-guarantee-nat-fyfe-will-stay-with-fremantle-ross-lyon

In the unlikely event Jesse does leave, Fyfe and Freos first round pick might be enough to compensate us

Interesting words from Lyon. The fact that they're also pin pointing the draft as the way to go for the rebuild, hopefully tells Jesse that they're a few years away from being serious competitors again.

That's also strange territory for Lyon - he's used to bringing in recycled and mature players and then bailing before the list hits the wall.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demon_Tingles said:

Strangely enough, The longer this goes on, the more confident I am that he will stay. Freo have struggled badly this year and I think that will be a major factor for Jesse. He seems to enjoy the lifestyle in Melbourne and the club is more than happy for him to go and see his family. The only other thing would have been the lifestyle but he has his club mates to go surfing with also so I dont think that will be a deciding factor. 

Free may have struggled badly this year and this is why it is very important we defeat them and defeat them well at the week-end. This will send a strong message and if his teammates desperately want him to stay, as I am sure they do, the team has to excel against Freo. Otherwise, what sort of message does this send to both Jesse and our supporters as to any gap we might have now and in the future on Freo. Go Dees!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky P said:

I'm also worried Hawthorn and Geelong. 

Personally, I'm more worried about the baggage retrieval system they've got at Heathrow.

Sorry, wrong song.

• Like 2

This Fyfe stuff... I got from a sauce a few days ago that Fyfe wants out, doesn't like Freo's direction and Lyon's game plan (seems a weird assertion given he won a brownlow under him) and wants to go somewhere he can win flags in his all important 25-30 years of his career. Suddenly Hogan to them for the best player in the game makes a lot of sense. Hogan from 21-35(ish) I would think is the richest commodity in footy vs Fyfe for 5 years, IMO, I'd rather Jesse. But as we know, what we want doesn't always materialise.

2 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

This Fyfe stuff... I got from a sauce a few days ago that Fyfe wants out, doesn't like Freo's direction and Lyon's game plan (seems a weird assertion given he won a brownlow under him) and wants to go somewhere he can win flags in his all important 25-30 years of his career. Suddenly Hogan to them for the best player in the game makes a lot of sense. Hogan from 21-35(ish) I would think is the richest commodity in footy vs Fyfe for 5 years, IMO, I'd rather Jesse. But as we know, what we want doesn't always materialise.

Fyfe wouldn't want to play for Melbourne in a Hogan-less forward-line.  He'd know how important it would be to have Hogan in the lineup for Melbourne to become flag-worthy..

• Like 1

Just now, ProDee said:

Fyfe wouldn't want to play for Melbourne in a Hogan-less forward-line.  He'd know how important it would be to have Hogan in the lineup for Melbourne to become flag-worthy..

Good point.

We're nothing like as dangerous a side going forward, without Hogan.

Is Fyfe a free agent? If so... wowee... if not... Who else could get that trade to happen? Watts (also a free agent)?

They don't have coffee and laneways in Perth.

Here we have both.

• Like 2

Just now, Biffen said:

They don't have coffee and laneways in Perth.

Here we have both.

Or conversations, or that many people. Anyone who's actually left Melbourne before realises Melbourne is just a great city, in too many ways to count. Even within Australia it's miles ahead.

• Like 1

Just now, Dappa Dan said:

Or conversations, or that many people. Anyone who's actually left Melbourne before realises Melbourne is just a great city, in too many ways to count. Even within Australia it's miles ahead.

Trams,Traffic,sprawl,Smog,no surf,too many laws,hipsters.....

Why would you leave.

• Like 1