Dom Tyson has to be dropped (Rd 1)

Dees2014

Dom Tyson is an extraordinarily talented player, but his inaccurate kicking can no longer be tolerated until he corrects it in the twos. There was a time when we could tolerate this, but no longer. We need to demand perfection. We are not getting it from him. Some time in the twos could be very productive for the team.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Dees2014 said:

Dom Tyson is an extraordinarily talented player, but his inaccurate kicking can no longer be tolerated until he corrects it in the twos. There was a time when we could tolerate this, but no longer. We need to demand perfection. We are not getting it from him. Some time in the twos could be very productive for the team.

Harsh but not far off the mark.

I was only contemplating before who goes out of the team for Gus, Trac and possibly Trengove as far as midfield rotations go.

We coughed up pick 2 for Dom and Salem and based on Kelly's performance today I still think we're in front but Tyson absolutely needs to improve his disposal.

I'd like to think today was an off-day but I'm hardly confident.

I don't think Tyson is a bad kick, i just think he's a bit lazy at times and makes some awful decisions and doesn't execute well enough 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Peter Griffen said:

I don't think Tyson is a bad kick, i just think he's a bit lazy at times and makes some awful decisions and doesn't execute well enough 

Pretty sure that's what the OP is alluding to...

11 minutes ago, Dees2014 said:

Nup cannot agree at all with this!!

Gets it and plays his role! Occasional mistakes I can live with because he has appetite for the contest and the ball!

• Like 7

I thought his loopy handballing needed some work too after today, couple of times his up and under handballs made the reciever wait for it which put them under pressure once they got it, although he wasn't alone on that front. Still young and will get better no doubt.

He's a beautiful kick when he wants to be (remember that goal against the Dogs in the NAB Cup?) but misses so many targets by hand and foot. Either he's lazy or a poor decision maker or a combination of the two. I'd strongly consider sending him back to Casey with a clear focus on improving his disposal. I think it could work.

• Like 1

So now when a player plays an off game with start a thread for him to be dropped?? Why couldn't this op just be added to any number of other friends devoted to preview and changes for next week??

Glad we didn't drop Tom McDonald after that atrocious thread.

• Like 12

we had a lot of players today that did not chase when the pressure was on. Far too many times our players were running beside GWS players minding their man instead of going at the man with the ball. And we had a few who turned it over in bad locations, even Bernie had a couple of howlers.  Oscar and Harmes look the most likely to miss next week. From all reports of the casey practice game petraca was the stand out. I think he should be coming in and give Angus another week to get a bit more form and bring Dunn back in as well. It would be nice if we had another tall able to help out Gawn,  Pederson only had 1 hitout for the game and frost none.  So we do fall apart when Maxxy is not around.

Tyson's 3 shocking turnovers within 90 seconds today were nothing to do with decision making, they were totally about execution. 

We have have all seen him running in a straight line at the goals and kick long & straight a couple of times, however, spotting a 20 to 40 metre target he is no better than 50/60% which isn't good enough for a Pick 50, no less a Pick 2. 

• Like 2

Selection will be fascinating for next week

we need hungry players to be in the middle. Dom has great courage but his disposal is loose

turn overs are so critical in the modern game

Bernie has to do some work also if he is to become a part time defender....

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Selection will be fascinating for next week

we need hungry players to be in the middle. Dom has great courage but his disposal is loose

turn overs are so critical in the modern game

Bernie has to do some work also if he is to become a part time defender....

Well agree somewhat but I do love Bernie in Defence!

Tyson stays..... For now!

23 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Harsh but not far off the mark.

I was only contemplating before who goes out of the team for Gus, Trac and possibly Trengove as far as midfield rotations go.

We coughed up pick 2 for Dom and Salem and based on Kelly's performance today I still think we're in front but Tyson absolutely needs to improve his disposal.

I'd like to think today was an off-day but I'm hardly confident.

Unfortunately, this has been apparent for some time. I wish it were not so but it is. We now have other more effective options, which we should take until this particular affliction improves. There is nothing like competition to make the whole group better. Fortunately we have that now, unlike past years..

Couldn't find the time to stick this in the "Changes for next week..." thread?  Too hard basket?

It's one game.  Look at how the McDonald thread came back to bite dazzle on his backside, even though at the time you could argue it was necessary.  He still had 17 touches at 70%DE and we know he can get better.  Let's wait a few weeks before we start putting a red line through players.

Just now, Dees2014 said:

I was not talking about either of the macs. They are wonderful players...

Not having a go at you specify. Just think demonland is very quick to eat our own. Dom will be a very important player for us and needs continuity, like most

• Like 2

picking next weeks team is about picking the best 22. That means if someone has been doing the right thing in practice matches, training, or with Casey and they look to be a better option than even a player playing well then we need to go with that better option. Yes it is not necessarily fair that a player be dropped, but we need to put our best 22 out there every week, and we have to reward players who earn that call up. Petraca is one that I think has earned that call up.