• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Dom Tyson has to be dropped (Rd 1)

Dees2014

I'm loving Dom's last two weeks. Clean hands, tackling very well, spreading hard, taking marks and kicking goals.

He's rotating with Ben Kennedy at half forward more and I think it's good for both of them. Ben Ken brings a bit more speed to the midfield. Tyson brings some smarts and spread as the high half forward.

• Like 3

An in form Tyson is critical to our success

Different type to Viney and Jones

Very clever  and compliments them

Great hands and kicks goals, will get better and better

• Like 2

Just now, Dees2014 said:

Not quite sure what you mean by this, but if he keeps up this form will certainly be in our elite for a number of years. 

You didn't say 'if he keeps up this form' you said 'will'.

I agree, if he has 30 and 2 each week he'll be a star. If he plays like he did in the first two rounds he'll be a depth player. I think he'll be somewhere between the two and a consistent top 10 in the B+F type in a very good side.

In 2014 he polled 11 Brownlow votes (9 of them coming from 3s). We won 4 games the entire season...

Sunday night it all started coming back to me, just how much ability and potential this guy has.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, H_T said:

BUMP

Quite rightly in our best 22 Dom Tyson.

Gawn & Viney may have the spotlight at present, but this guys game was fantastic v Richmond Sunday night.

Bump of the year.

One of the more absurd threads in recent memory. And we do absurd as well as anyone. :)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Akum said:

Bump of the year.

One of the more absurd threads in recent memory. And we do absurd as well as anyone. :)

To be fair his disposal was atrocious in Round 1. If he starts consistently kicking lasers like he did on Sunday then he'll be one of the best midfielders in the game.

there's a lot of Voss/Black about his and Viney's work at the moment, I can't wait to watch them for the next 10 years.

Plus for all of those doubters out there - his first goal was with his right foot, clean hands, great hair and can kick off both feet, he's the perfect catch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Max_well58 said:

there's a lot of Voss/Black about his and Viney's work at the moment, I can't wait to watch them for the next 10 years.

Plus for all of those doubters out there - his first goal was with his right foot, clean hands, great hair and can kick off both feet, he's the perfect catch.

I'm a big Dom fan but there's kicking both feet and then there's getting the ball onto your opposites foot when you have to.

Dom is a pure lefty, good to see he could get it onto his right foot and through for the goal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rjay said:

I'm a big Dom fan but there's kicking both feet and then there's getting the ball onto your opposites foot when you have to.

Dom is a pure lefty, good to see he could get it onto his right foot and through for the goal.

haha i know it was the most unnatural thing i've seen but gee it was good to see him give it a crack. He's been pinged a few times trying to change direction to get onto his left, although it's not the most natural/effective mode of disposal if it gets him and the footy out of danger i'll take it

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rjay said:

Agree, though he did have another kick off his right that put it into the path of Kent that led to Harmes's goal.

• Like 2

He almost had a strut going on Sunday night. He's definitely back. When he was struggling with injury last year you could read in his body language that he wasn't quite right. His return to form and McDonald's renewed confidence in the air are significant factors. The run of Lumumba and the return of Kent are also considerable. Gawn and Salem playing week in week out is super important. If only Brayshaw was hitting his straps. I guess we can't have everything.

• Like 4

Most our current crop of young guns remind me of former gun Demons, in Dom Tysons case it is Stephen Powell (though with more upside and talent)

Edited by Petraccattack

2 hours ago, Max_well58 said:

They go back a long way.  Tyson, Viney and Toby Greene all played in the Oakleigh Chargers side that lost to the Sandringham Dragons in the 2011 TAC Cup Grand Final.

Unfortunately, they gave up a 20 odd point 3/4 time lead.  

Viney was named best afield.

28 minutes ago, ProDee said:

They go back a long way.  Tyson, Viney and Toby Greene all played in the Oakleigh Chargers side that lost to the Sandringham Dragons in the 2011 TAC Cup Grand Final.

Unfortunately, they gave up a 20 odd point 3/4 time lead.  

Viney was named best afield.

Fletch Roberts kicked a bag in the last quarter, another south eastern suburbs boy.

The last couple of weeks I've watched with intent and really admired how we set up at stoppages both centre bounce and around the ground. 

We all know Roosy is really big on 'know your role, play your role', and this is exemplified at these stoppages. With hit outs, blocking, and quick hands coming off as well has they have in years and Tyson is integral here  

• Like 2