Pre-match thread: NAB Challenge Game 2 - Western Bulldogs v Melbourne

Chelly

52 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Dogs are missing 12 of their best 22 including Stringer, Bontempelli, Murphy and  Easton Wood.

Pity about that.  I was hoping for close to their best 22, to provide a strong benchmark as to how we are tracking. 

1 minute ago, Deeoldfart said:

Pity about that.  I was hoping for close to their best 22, to provide a strong benchmark as to how we are tracking. 

On Thursday 3rd February I only want one thing next Sunday.

A win.

I dont care how strong the Dogs side is a win is a win is a win.

End of story.

• Like 3

We scored almost 100 points last week with Hogan kicking just the 1 goal.

No Hogan this week presents another opportunity to explore other avenues to goal, as well as further put to bed the idea that we can't kick a big score without him. 

• Like 6

Couldn't give a stuff about Footscray after reading What Gordon & Beveridge have said about the WADA/CAS situation

Slater & Gordon plumetting in value daily...

just beat them Demons

without Hogan

Practise Winning..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Couldn't give a stuff about Footscray after reading What Gordon & Beveridge have said about the WADA/CAS situation

Slater & Gordon plumetting in value daily...

just beat them Demons

without Hogan

Practise Winning..

While he indeed was a partner, he no longer works at Slater & Gordon and he's not the Gordon in the title. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, old dee said:

On Thursday 3rd February I only want one thing next Sunday.

A win.

I dont care how strong the Dogs side is a win is a win is a win.

End of story.

I understand what you are saying od, but evaluating how we are tracking by playing against strong opposition, and winning, are not mutually exclusive.  I'm greedy and want both! A win is indeed a win, but more meaningful (and satisfying) against better opposition.

How about Vanders in the forward line instead of Hogan

I sure hope they dont move a backman forward nothing to be gained 

Or we could go small!

On 3 March 2016 at 2:07 PM, jackaub said:

I sure hope they dont move a backman forward nothing to be gained 

Or we could go small!

Pedersen, Frost and Watts (augmented by Garlett, Kent, Kennedy, Vanders, Harmes & ANB).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

So much for playing our best team throughout NAB1-3.

Still got a strong squad in though....best available through the midfield and backline. If we don't smash the young Dogs it'll be a touch concerning...as concerning as practice games ever are

On 3 March 2016 at 2:13 PM, sisso said:

Still got a strong squad in though....best available through the midfield and backline. If we don't smash the young Dogs it'll be a touch concerning...as concerning as practice games ever are

Yeh well we don't have a fantastic record of beating heavily under-manned teams comfortably. In fact, it seems to make winning even harder for us. Dogs, Bombers this time last year in the NAB games and Blues and Bombers during the season.

I'm expecting to win based our ins and the fact that we're into the third year of Roo's tenure.. And I'm hoping we can come away without any injuries.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Yeh well we don't have a fantastic record of beating heavily under-manned teams comfortably. Dogs, Bombers this time last year and Blues and Bombers during the season.

I'm expecting to win based our ins and the fact that we're into the third year of Roo's tenure.. And I'm hoping we can come away without any injuries.

Very true. Even against  a terrible Brisbane side at the G last year we struggled to put them away...about time the team got over that or we'll never win 2 in a row!

Personally I would like to see Gawn rested and then played in NAB 3, which allows him a break to round 1.

Unfortunately we would have only Pedersen and Frost  but I could live with that for this game.

• Like 3

On 3 March 2016 at 0:38 PM, binman said:

Vince Jones in for dees.

Not sure about about that selection. Good muso, not sure how good at footy he is.

It could be this one.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=vinnie+jones&view=detail&mid=08F28F58AFCD85529DB208F28F58AFCD85529DB2&FORM=VIRE5

1 hour ago, jackaub said:

That's where Vanders played the majority last week ?

52 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i believe his son is a partner though. some one else might confirm

No, his son is a good friend of mine, and he is a lawyer, but not a partner, or even working for them at the moment.

I too don't mind the Doggies, and didn't mind Luke Beveridge. But I have lost all respect for the bloke after his comments about the drug saga. It was one of the biggest bits of drivel I have heard surrounding the issue, and that is saying something when you have peanuts like Hird and Slobbo giving us their thoughts.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

I'd like to see Grace Jones play

I would like to see Indiana Jones play ( there's a man not afraid of the hard ball - although he is apparently terrified of Phil Baker)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Devil is in the Detail said:

What is it like living in the past OD. :)

Hmm One could say I don't know what day it is and a few would not be surprised.

How about the 3rd March?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Deeoldfart said:

I understand what you are saying od, but evaluating how we are tracking by playing against strong opposition, and winning, are not mutually exclusive.  I'm greedy and want both! A win is indeed a win, but more meaningful (and satisfying) against better opposition.

You can win ugly like we did against Brisbane last year, win beautifully like we did against Geelong - I'll take them both (but remember the good stuff)

• Like 1