THE BOMBERS' SWISS ADVENTURE

Whispering_Jack

As a matter of interest, is the consensus view that Essendon will have a worse year than Melbourne in 2013 when we won 2 games and had a percentage of 54% (and still didn't finish last)? Because if Essendon does better than that, clubs playing them twice in 2016 are no more advantaged than clubs which played Melbourne (and GWS) twice in 2013.

Or, to ask a different question, would Melbourne's 2013 team (and coach) beat Essendon's 2016 team? 

6 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

As a matter of interest, is the consensus view that Essendon will have a worse year than Melbourne in 2013 when we won 2 games and had a percentage of 54% (and still didn't finish last)? Because if Essendon does better than that, clubs playing them twice in 2016 are no more advantaged than clubs which played Melbourne (and GWS) twice in 2013.

Or, to ask a different question, would Melbourne's 2013 team (and coach) beat Essendon's 2016 team? 

That is a proposal I would prefer not to think about LDC.

It has taken me two years to push that period to the back of mind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Please do not tar me with that tragic and empty path. 

Ours is bad enough!!

Apologies. It was just the Scully like feelings towards Goddard hit a cord. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cards13 said:

AFL 2016: Bombers' list manager meets suspended players

Good to see the Dons have met some of the players to discuss contracts...

one presumes dodoro got clearance from afl and asada to have club contact with banned players about football matters

i think in this case it would be reasonable but we all know essendrug don't like following protocol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cards13 said:

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-saga-stephen-dank-to-continue-legal-fight-20160315-gnja7q.html

Good to see he has a grasp on reality and the lawyers are still dumbfounded by the outcomes when they don't go their way.

" Dank, like former Essendon coach James Hird, believes Demetriou unlawfully tipped off Essendon in February 2013 after he met with the Australian Crime Commission, warning the Bombers they were being investigated for the possible use of performance-enhancing drugs before the ACC's report was released. :

You wonder what these turkeys would do if you dobbed them in rather than warned you it was time to fire up the shredder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cards13 said:

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-saga-stephen-dank-to-continue-legal-fight-20160315-gnja7q.html

Good to see he has a grasp on reality and the lawyers are still dumbfounded by the outcomes when they don't go their way.

hadn't seen this bit before, pretty damning

"During 15 days of evidence, text messages in October 2011 between former Essendon fitness chief Dean Robinson and Dank also emerged. Dank was about to join the Bombers for pre-season training.

It was reported Dank wrote: "Hi mate, peptides don't make the WADA list for next year."

Robinson replied: "I know, check out section S0 it may fall there.

"I have, a little grey but CJC-1295 probably doesn't.

"Is it approved by any government agency for human therapeutic use?" Dank texted: "No but never submitted for therapeutic use."

Robinson asked: "Can we just call them amino acids or something of the kind?" Dank said: "Yes that's all they are an amino acid blend."

In court, Dank said he did not "recognise this as my text exchange"."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

"During 15 days of evidence, text messages in October 2011 between former Essendon fitness chief Dean Robinson and Dank also emerged. Dank was about to join the Bombers for pre-season training.

It was reported Dank wrote: "Hi mate, peptides don't make the WADA list for next year."

"Is it approved by any government agency for human therapeutic use?" Dank texted: "No but never submitted for therapeutic use."

Robinson asked: "Can we just call them amino acids or something of the kind?" Dank said: "Yes that's all they are an amino acid blend."

where have you been DC ?  its so slam dunk really it aint funny  ( well it is ) 

1 hour ago, sue said:

" Dank, like former Essendon coach James Hird, believes Demetriou unlawfully tipped off Essendon in February 2013 after he met with the Australian Crime Commission, warning the Bombers they were being investigated for the possible use of performance-enhancing drugs before the ACC's report was released. :

You wonder what these turkeys would do if you dobbed them in rather than warned you it was time to fire up the shredder.

"I still maintain the players innocence, i am angry yet I will be doing absolutely nothing to clear them. F them, I have been defamed and that I will fight for."

Edited by Cards13
Adding Danky quotes

8 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

Damning on the Weapon and his time at Ess and with previous (cleared by the AFL) clubs?

2 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

I still maintain the players innocence, i am angry yet I will be absolutely nothing to clear them. F them, I have been defamed and that I will fight for.

you seriously think they were innocent....pppppffffttttttt  !!! 

Stupid ?  yes... Conned?  maybe ?    lead ?  quite possibly   .   Ignorant ?  No. Itt's drummed into them. They knew the right and the wrong. They chose. Fcuk  them !!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cards13 said:

From my reading of this it goes something like this.

Dank is annoyed as he thinks they said he injected them with something but doesn't seem to be able to say he didn't and due to careful wording the journo also didn't  say he did. (sounds familiar)

Dank is annoyed they say the substance causes growth in cancer cells and defends himself saying that isn't the case (again,sounds familiar)

The court find Dank is wrong and the substance does cause growth in cancer cells and the journo is cleared as you can't defame someone with the truth. Dank is baffled and will appeal. (Sounds familiar again). 

In short it appears that again all the experts are wrong and Dank knows more than everyone else. I wonder how many selfies there are on the phones of the narcists involved in this affair!

Edited by Chris
  • Like 1

From Caro:

" ...

Perhaps as relevance deprivation creeps up on him [Dank], his self-claimed legal expertise is all he can cling to now. He remained baffled by the decision and renewed his litigious and empty threats aimed at various media outlets and the AFL. Reportedly this columnist is among his hit list. Bring it on."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-34-empty-threats-a-losing-game-for-stephen-dank-20160315-gnjmoq.html#ixzz42y63lEbi 

32 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

you seriously think they were innocent....pppppffffttttttt  !!! 

Stupid ?  yes... Conned?  maybe ?    lead ?  quite possibly   .   Ignorant ?  No. Itt's drummed into them. They knew the right and the wrong. They chose. Fcuk  them !!

I was being Dank... Should have used the " quotes ".

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, biggestred said:

True to form

this is so far from over. 

I hope this does not silence Hunter...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, biggestred said:

From that article:  His Honour found that Essendon had by then handed over every document it had relating to the supplements program.  As a result, on Wednesday 10 February, Essendon applied for and was granted an order for its costs of that October hearing..."

Well that sure is interesting because this article http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-season-2016-essendon-hand-over-more-hal-hunter-documents-20160315-gnjt80.htmll says:  "This [yesterday] is now the third time the club has sent Hunter documents regarding the 2012 supplements saga, despite consistently saying it didn't have any...But the club has previously insisted there is nothing sinister or deliberate in the discovery of further documents."  Is withholding documents a form of perjury? 

After 3 years, they find more documents!  Nothing sinister?  Really? 

And with a straight face they had the gall to have the court order Hunter to pay their legal costs, when they had more documents!  Again efc show their total contempt for the laws of our country.  This also shows what idiots they are.  Knowing they had or likely had more documents, going after Hunter for their costs was downright stupid.  They should have quit while they were ahead! 

Good to see Hunter is now going after his own costs for the whole process! 

Edit: to include the correct link

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

From that article:  His Honour found that Essendon had by then handed over every document it had relating to the supplements program.  As a result, on Wednesday 10 February, Essendon applied for and was granted an order for its costs of that October hearing..."

Well that sure is interesting because this article http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-2016-collingwood-offer-oneyear-contract-to-coach-nathan-buckley-20160315-gnjl0t.html says:  "This [yesterday] is now the third time the club has sent Hunter documents regarding the 2012 supplements saga, despite consistently saying it didn't have any...But the club has previously insisted there is nothing sinister or deliberate in the discovery of further documents."  Is withholding documents a form of perjury? 

After 3 years, they find more documents!  Nothing sinister?  Really? 

And with a straight face they had the gall to have the court order Hunter to pay their legal costs, when they had more documents!  Again efc show their total contempt for the laws of our country.  This also shows what idiots they are.  Knowing they had or likely had more documents, going after Hunter for their costs was downright stupid.  They should have quit while they were ahead! 

Good to see Hunter is now going after his own costs for the whole process! 

And I wish him luck! As a former player he must have twigged that there are many Essendon supporters in the legal profession (including the judiciary) and this cannot enhance his chances.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

True to form

I don't think so, Sir.  The article I referenced above says:  'The case now looks destined to be re-opened, with Hunter's legal team likely to pursue costs they have incurred throughout ongoing court proceedings'.

One wonders where the documents materialised from?  Perhaps, as efc was preparing for claims by the 34, they realised there was stuff they could no longer keep secret and handed them over to Hunter as well.  They certainly would not have volunteered them if it wasn't imperative to their own cause.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

True to form

Do you have a crystal ball, SWYL? Watch 4 Corners on Monday and you might see some more about this.

2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Not stupid. Calculated. This Hunter case is a practice run for EFC. They're showing the 34 what they'll be up against if/when they decide to come after them.

Clearly, they've put Hunter on the Chinese water torture to see if he can last the distance. The idea is that he will drop the case or settle (with a "no blabbing" clause). However it relies on operating in the shadows. Publicity is not good as it reflects so poorly on them.

The latest release of documents might be related to the 4 Corners thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Fidge said:

Do you have a crystal ball, SWYL? Watch 4 Corners on Monday and you might see some more about this.

Not stupid. Calculated. This Hunter case is a practice run for EFC. They're showing the 34 what they'll be up against if/when they decide to come after them.

Clearly, they've put Hunter on the Chinese water torture to see if he can last the distance. The idea is that he will drop the case or settle (with a "no blabbing" clause). However it relies on operating in the shadows. Publicity is not good as it reflects so poorly on them.

The latest release of documents might be related to the 4 Corners thing.

I don't profess to understand the process, but is it the EFC or their insurers that would be doing this? I recall that my car insurance company tells me I'm not to admit liability if I'm ever in an accident, so I wonder whether its the same for EFC in matters such as this. Anyone know?

Also, EFC need to get better PR advisers. Whoever they're using at the moment isn't earning their keep.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I don't profess to understand the process, but is it the EFC or their insurers that would be doing this? I recall that my car insurance company tells me I'm not to admit liability if I'm ever in an accident, so I wonder whether its the same for EFC in matters such as this. Anyone know?

Also, EFC need to get better PR advisers. Whoever they're using at the moment isn't earning their keep.

Sadly they seem to have fooled a substantial number.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sue said:

And so what if he did? Aside from the fact it gave them time to shred evidence and remove data it wasn't the AFL that conducted an injecting regime bordering on 50,000 injections of dubious drugs not approved for human consumption.