JUDGEMENT DAY - THE "BOMBER" 34

Whispering_Jack

2 minutes ago, Dr John Dee said:

A lot more than I'd expect of Dank, of course, although I suppose he's managed to put together a reasonable approximation of a fictional world over the last few years.

I don't know the book. Must check it out.

True. He thinks he is a magician, but in reality...

Smullyan has written several books, and I can't remember which one has the vampire scenarios. But it could be "What is the Name of this Book?" or "The Lady or the Tiger?". 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

True. He thinks he is a magician, but in reality...

Smullyan has written several books, and I can't remember which one has the vampire scenarios. But it could be "What is the Name of this Book?" or "The Lady or the Tiger?". 

So, the first book is about Mark Robinson and the second about Caroline Wilson. Am I close?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Spirit of '87 said:

Jobe should keep his Brownlow Medal

Mark Robinson says Jobe Watson should keep his Brownlow. Might as well give Lance back his Tour de France medals while we're at it. 

I heard this beacon of enlightenment proclaim only a week or so ago, on the radio, that Watson shouldn't keep it.

Roboo, man of principal.

• Like 2

Listening to Evans on the radio....Jobe has an entitlement to make his case before the AFL Commission to keep his Brownlow.

Where does this come from? Why does he have an entitlement?

He's been proven guilty of taking performance enhancing drugs, in simple terms he had an unfair advantage, he is a cheat.

No entitlement Mark, no Brownlow Mark.

• Like 7

It sounds like the AFL are softening up the public for a particular outcome ... Jeff Browne the wholly disinterested and impartial lawyer ... Robbo the mindless mouthpiece ...

There's only outcome that would require any softening.

Cutting the cost of a pie may be good PR for the AFL, but this?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

So, the first book is about Mark Robinson and the second about Caroline Wilson. Am I close?

Close. The first would be "What is the name of this boofhead?".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

Can the AFL be charged with bringing the nation into disrepute?

We can no longer stand on our high horse about drugs in sports, thanks to EFC, but if we let Jobby keep his medal???

They should be. After all they tanked equalising the competition in order to get better broadcast rights.

And as we all know, the penalty for tanking is to be charged with disrepute.

• Like 2

An aspect which amazes me about this whole fiasco has been the stance ( gullibility ) of the players, then and still now. There must be something in the water out that way which yields these lads impervious to the truth of the matter. They are still being  ( imho ) very poorly advised  and by persons who whilst obviously qualified  to practice seem to have a very poor grasp on the nature of the beast they continuously attempt to grapple and time after time fail to do so.

If the players really believe there is an avenue left to appeal then they are being duped. If it's just spin by the club etc for their own 'local' consumption  then they are still perpetrating an evil, and upon their membership.

Another take is that if they do actually want to appeal then they are still in denial of having done anything untoward. This gets up my goat tbh.

There is very little reported in the mainstream that I believe. Im intrigued as to how the next days up to the 10th play out and who does what, who says what etc. . This is still a game for some. Funny really as the whistles already been blown and winner announced.

If Melksham joins in any appeal I want his contract torn up.

15 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

An aspect which amazes me about this whole fiasco has been the stance ( gullibility ) of the players, then and still now. There must be something in the water out that way which yields these lads impervious to the truth of the matter. They are still being  ( imho ) very poorly advised  and by persons who whilst obviously qualified  to practice seem to have a very poor grasp on the nature of the beast they continuously attempt to grapple and time after time fail to do so.

If the players really believe there is an avenue left to appeal then they are being duped. If it's just spin by the club etc for their own 'local' consumption  then they are still perpetrating an evil, and upon their membership.

Another take is that if they do actually want to appeal then they are still in denial of having done anything untoward. This gets up my goat tbh.

There is very little reported in the mainstream that I believe. Im intrigued as to how the next days up to the 10th play out and who does what, who says what etc. . This is still a game for some. Funny really as the whistles already been blown and winner announced.

Happy for him to take action against the EFC, but I agree that an appeal should be cause to cancel his contract. The players are not that stupid are they? Surely not.

• Like 1

There ought to be a Royal Commission into the running of the AFL. I do however wonder how many would suddenly become to "ill " to attend .

• Like 2

I said at the outset (some years ago now it seems) that  1 Jobe should be stripped of medal 2 Hird banned for life Players get 2 years..

Drugs in sport is the issue and this public cleansing is as necessary as the Arrmstrong humiliation.

The attitude and culture of AFL needs to be altered and journalists who fail to see that need to be corrected by the AFL.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

My thought on it is just this.  In the lead up there will be a frenzy of this type of headline " The swiss boffins  that no nothing about Australia" and "we did nothing wrong". But in the end they will say something like "even though we ARE innocent,  for the good of the game and thinking about the greater good for everyone involved we will wear this gross miscarriage of justice" . Jobe will keep his brownlow ( because if he doesn't its the AFL that will probably have  his multi million dollar law suit against the Bombers) , the players will keep earning money via sponsors for the same reason. During the season there will be a series of good news stories about Essendon and finally another set of media reports about "the heroic return of the martyrs" come November. In short they will serve there time but be fully rehabilitaed in the press. Something that is going to make me ill everytime I read the papers. I honestly shudder to think how this story would have played out if this was Melbourne. 

55 minutes ago, dpositive said:

I...... and journalists who fail to see that need to be corrected by the AFL.

that's the bit i don't like. the media are already too incestuous/controlled by the afl. we need more separation and independence of the media

won't happen, but, especially as the general media shrinks and the afl have their own fully fledged media department

6 hours ago, Ted Fidge said:

I heard this beacon of enlightenment proclaim only a week or so ago, on the radio, that Watson shouldn't keep it.

Roboo, man of principal.

So did i. He also said the same on 360 the night Dill crucified him. 

Robinson is a dangerous man to this sport. He has far too much exposure through all levels of media

his club is Essendon and he has licked their balls for the last 3 years. Now he wants The Captain of that Team who Cheated the system to keep the Best & Fairest Medal...

you make me physically sick Robinson

your job is so compromised...

filth. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ted Fidge said:

Roboo, man of principal.

The sadder part about it is that it was written with purposeful intent for the mainstream footy public either to 1. appeal to deluded essendrug supporters who still somehow feel agrrevied by a supposedly unjust outcome from this whole saga or 2. as sensationalistic garbarge to antagonise oposition supporters. All in the name of selling papers.  And I thought the soccer tabloids in the UK were bad... an absolute rubbish piece of writing robbo!

Wish they would just publish sections of the CAS finding day by day to tell it as it really is...unedited and impartial. Even then some people would still think it's ok for him to keep it...

• Like 1

Sent: Thursday, 4 February 2016 3:47 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Cc: alanjones
Subject: Drop everything and attend to this or resign

Dear Minister Ley

I wrote to you on 26 February 2015 and 15 March 2015 and alleged, with supporting evidence, that ASADA ran a corrupted investigation into the Essendon Football Club.

Unfortunately, you took no interest in the matter and hand-balled it.

My worst fears came to fruition when WADA used the tainted evidence to bluff the CAS panel into finding the 34 Essendon players guilty.

I find you partly responsible for this most unjust decision and believe that if you can’t persuade WADA to lobby the CAS to annul its decision within two weeks you should resign as the minister for sport.

Time doesn’t permit me to spell out my list of grievances with you but two will suffice:

1. You knew WADA was using tainted evidence

2. You had a major conflict of interest. You are a member of the executive committee of WADA and you allowed ASADA, which refused to appeal the AFL Tribunal decision, to give your organisation WADA up to $130,000 of Australian taxpayers’ money to prosecute your case against 34 Essendon players.

Please excuse my wobbly typing. I am shaking with rage with your actions and lack of action.

Yours sincerely

Bruce Francis