Trade Radio Discussion

What

Folks...we aren't going to solve all our woes in one fowl swoop.

We'll get a couple of handy bods perhaps.

We might even land a fish.Who knows.

Rome wasn't built in a day yet so many are judging how we're travelling by whether we are able land the 'silver bullet or whatever "

Hopefully the lust is further weeded and added to.

Next year we'll trade up again.

No leaps and bounds...incremental improvement only i suggest.

Try one fell swoop. Or are you taking the pizz?

http://grammarist.com/usage/one-fell-swoop/

• Like 5

I often take the plss.

I sometimes get things wrong.

Can't hide behind others doubt.

Must be distantly related to a Mal A.Prop ?

• Like 2

I agree with a couple of other posters about opening up the option of going for a tall in the draft or trade period.

If we are able to land even 2 of Melksham, Bugg or Kennedy, and we add in Petracca and Trengove, the midfield competitiveness and reliability across 4 quarters in a game looks much stronger. The remaining immediate midfield need is for an elite running outside player like Jetta from the Swans or I Smith from Hawks (as examples, not that we are getting them). As MFC still is not strong or successful enough to attract this kind of talent, then getting this type of player looks unlikely.

So surely we have to look for some strength in the forward 50 to work with Jesse? I was a fan of recruiting Dawes to stand alongside Clarke but that has became a huge loss for Melbourne. Couldn't have worked out any worse. Pederson is a huge utility player rahter than a 2nd forward, Watts will not be best 22 this year, and players like Frost and O Mcdonald are more likely to play down back.

Though the notion is splendidly romantic in guise I certainly wouldn't place any certainty on Trenners I he does he does.Not wishing to turn into another Trengove debate/ discussion at all. Just suggesting we really do need to remain focussed on building the wngine room first . We can pinch hit everywhere else if needs be in the interim.

Its mids

• Like 1

Though the notion is splendidly romantic in guise I certainly wouldn't place any certainty on Trenners I he does he does.Not wishing to turn into another Trengove debate/ discussion at all. Just suggesting we really do need to remain focussed on building the wngine room first . We can pinch hit everywhere else if needs be in the interim.

Its mids

No reason that we can't target mids as well as another KPP to help out the Messiah.

Parker's manager said all indications are that he will resign, not that he definately would. Am i jumping at shadows?

People, it's time to remember the humble hyphen. We don't want to lose any Demonlanders during the off-season to unnecessary heart attacks just because someone forgets that there's a huge difference between "resign" and "re-sign".

• Like 5

I often take the plss.

I sometimes get things wrong.

Can't hide behind others doubt.

Must be distantly related to a Mal A.Prop ?

To all 'intensive' purposes, we are all in the same boat. But this 'all goes well' for the future. For a comprehensive list of malaprop, diehard Demon supporter, Greg Shalless' book of poetry, Tall Tales but True is a good read and it will leave everybody on 'tenderhooks'.

• Like 9

Try one fell swoop. Or are you taking the pizz?

http://grammarist.com/usage/one-fell-swoop/

If "Chicken " Smallhorn was a possiblity, it might be one fowl swoop. We're looking for talls though so he's out.

• Like 1

Hamish Hartlett just signed a 6 year deal at Port.

Another target gone.

6 years seems a little excessive. Would have loved to have him at Melbourne.

• Like 1

gotta say, hogan's manager sounded far more circumspect than i was anticipating.

although it is encouraging that he loves melbourne the city as well as the direction the club is heading.

Its all part of the game.

• Like 5

Yesterday in the sun he was in negotiation today he's waiting to see the direction I hope it's not another Scully [censored] 2 years

Highlights:

Gold Coast midfielder Harley Bennell has chosen Fremantle as his preferred new club for 2016. The Dockers and the Giants Suns will now head to the trade table to try to negotiate for the troubled former number two draft pick.

Former Geelong forward Stevie Johnson could be lured north to the Brisbane Lions next season with Lions list manager Peter Schwab indicating this morning that the club had spoken with Johnson's management. The club could look to bring him in on a playing/coaching contract.

Port Adelaide's Hamish Hartlett has signed a new six year contract with the Power. The deal will tie Hartlett with the club until the end of 2021.

Hartlett ignored strong interest to move to Victoria next season.

Gold Coast ruckman Zac Smith has nominated Geelong as his preferred destination in 2016.

Smith also attracted interest from Sydney and Essendon recently.

He will now seek a trade between the two clubs.

GWS forward Jed Lamb will either remain at the Giants in 2016 - or move to Carlton.

His manager Matt Bain telling NAB Trade Radio today that Lamb was yet to make his decision, but indicated it was likely he would move to the Blues next season.

Port Adelaide has revealed they will offer forward John Butcher a new contract shortly. There had been talk that Butcher wouldn't be at the Power next season, but GM of football Chris Davies told NAB Trade Radio a strong finish to the season meant a new deal was imminent.

Restricted free agent Colin Garland has ignored offers from other clubs to announce a new three-year deal with the Demons. The defender said success wouldn't mean anything unless he was playing for the Demons.

Melbourne's former pick four Jimmy Toumpas could be on the move from the club, with reports emerging that a move home to South Australia could be on the cards. Port Adelaide told NAB Trade Radio tonight they would be interested in talking to any South Australian talent wishing to move home.

Former Geelong player Mitch Brown says he could revive his AFL career next season after receiving interest from AFL clubs this off-season.

Brown spent time as a top-up player with Essendon in this year's NAB Challenge.

• Like 2