FAREWELL JIMMY TOUMPAS

dazzledavey36

Toumpas is clearly trade bait which is why we haven't signed him. The MFC have stayed out of the media and have been very quiet with their plans for trade week. If we can't find a home for him he will be given a one year deal.

I just want our list to get better, reality is toumpas staying or going makes little to no difference next year.

• Like 3

Because he holds all the cards.

Or is it another case of nobody wants him.

1 years under Neeld.

2 years under Roos

1 year under Stone

1 year under Goodwin

1 year under McCartney

Righto, he'll let us know when he's ready.

Clubs aren't stupid, they look at who he has had at his disposal, and there's some pretty handy names there and nothing....

Hate to reign on your parade dingus, but the Toump hasnt been in our list for 6 years. I blame Gary Lyon for talking up the Toump during the preseason.

Hate to reign on your parade dingus, but the Toump hasnt been in our list for 6 years. I blame Gary Lyon for talking up the Toump during the preseason.

Hate to reign on your parade rat, but Al is correct.

2013 was Mark Neeld (ok so less than a year), 2014/2015 makes it 2 under Roos, Stone was a part of the coaching group for 2014, and both Goodwin and McCartney signed on at the end of last year.

I watched the Toump pretty closely during pre season and he was on fire, he's a totally different player when the games start, if a team can get his head right, he'll produce form like in the Saints game consistently and suddenly pick 4 for the kid doesn't look so bad.

• Like 2

Why would he do that? You don't just lose that talent. Clear top 5 pick.

Toumpus isn't a Brendon Goddard, or a Reivoldt.. Shouldnt take 7 years to be afl standard/a decent player..

I'd be happy to let him walk.. He's not fast, he's not skilled under pressure, he doesn't play tall..

He's no good.

• Like 1

I watched the Toump pretty closely during pre season and he was on fire, he's a totally different player when the games start, if a team can get his head right, he'll produce form like in the Saints game consistently and suddenly pick 4 for the kid doesn't look so bad.

I disagree.

I was there when all were raving about his 4 goal preseason game at Gosch's Paddock and I was underwhelmed. And I said as much on a thread that would be floating around. He was still hopeless in contests.

I disagree.

I was there when all were raving about his 4 goal preseason game at Gosch's Paddock and I was underwhelmed. And I said as much on a thread that would be floating around. He was still hopeless in contests.

That was back at the start of 2014.. His training standards and intensity went up significantly last summer. Just somehow needs to translate that into games now which we saw glimpse of this year.

Hate to reign on yours but he was drafted 2012.

1 under Neeld

2 under Roos

= 3

That was back at the start of 2014.. His training standards and intensity went up significantly last summer. Just somehow needs to translate that into games now which we saw glimpse of this year.

The years fly.

But yeah, nah. He's hopeless.

• Like 1

Toumpus isn't a Brendon Goddard, or a Reivoldt.. Shouldnt take 7 years to be afl standard/a decent player..

I'd be happy to let him walk.. He's not fast, he's not skilled under pressure, he doesn't play tall..

He's no good.

Ummm... Brendan Goddard isn't a Brendan Goddard... His first 3-4 years were ordinary, and he was not unlike Watts in terms on intensity and attack at the ball. Still not a fan of his... Shite body language as a player !

Unstable view in my opinion he is not right to play at the required level and it shows immediatley he is asked to perform

I dont agree Toump didnt have worrying signs even in the saints game - although he did relax a lottle and we got to see some if that disposal in the past he'd panic and avoid, the defensive mindset and effort was still missing.

He doesnt need another intense preseason as much as he needs to believe he is an afl player. A change will help.

• 3 weeks later...

Jay Clark just reported on triple m that he will sign a new 2 year deal and will be announced this week.

Personally i am wrapped that the club will continue to show faith in him. I still see him as an important member for our future going forward. I know for a fact Goodwin is a big wrap for the kid and hopefully he will be able to turn him into the player we all hope to be.

I'm not one of the 44 who liked this :)

I'm not one of the 44 who liked this :)

I am. It appealed the the blue sky junky in me: that the club thought there was enough to work with to persevere.

Not unhappy with the club cutting its losses either though. He's been disappointing.

• Like 1

Jimmy deserves to be seen out with dignity and our good wishes.

He wore the red and blue with pride and he gave his best every time he wore it.

He hasn't met some people's standards and definitely not his own.

But I hope he goes on to have a fabulous career at Port.

Thanks Jimmy, always enjoyed watching you play.

• Like 1