MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - Round 17

Demonland

Then he went out and backed up his words with 6 possessions.

Get the ball and kick goals, that's how he will inspire a young side.

FCS, rjay...

Can't let anything go through to the keeper.

C&B is rightly saying that we shouldn't be so worried about players vocalising confidence because of how 'it might be taken' by the opposition. He's right - it is weak.

No need to constantly harp on his form on every topic related to the bloke.

• Like 2

Nah I reckon what Viney said was fair enough,. What Dawes said was silly and like a pipsqueak talking about a bully. He poked the bully. Don't think Viney did that.

Youve just reiterated exactly my complaint, referring to Hawthorn as a 'bully' as in we're some weak kid that shouldn't even dare. Shocking mindset that will get you nowhere as a club

Then he went out and backed up his words with 6 possessions.

Get the ball and kick goals, that's how he will inspire a young side.

and youve reiterated it also

youre baging Dawes for having a bad game

we are discussing the comments he made

two different things

no doubt if Hogan said the same thing he would be applauded like Viney cos we love him

whipping boy status

I've been surprised and really impressed with roosey picking kids over older but less talented guys.

Stretch, ANB, Harmes, brayshaw all playing regularly bodes well for our future. I'm glad we are not playing mackenzie and m jones just to try to snag a few wins.

Imo roosey is taking a few hits for goody.

Add in petracca Salem Kent hogan venders and other kids and we have a seriously good core of young guys.

• Like 4

If the players can stick to the same game plan as last week, a win will ensue.

The Saints move through the corridor, just like the Lions tried to last week.

The boys will choke the passage, thus forcing a wide path, a more contested ball.

I'm going to grab a bit of that 1.92 whilst I can - easy win.

• Like 3

FCS, rjay...

C&B is rightly saying that we shouldn't be so worried about players vocalising confidence because of how 'it might be taken' by the opposition. He's right - it is weak.

It achieved nothing other than the inevitable, which is him looking silly. We're not in Hawthorn's league, not yet, and a faux chest puff wasn't going to change that. He poked the bear and the bear responded to the tune of a 100+ point shellacking going at half tilt.

And yes, his near worst on ground performance did add to the embarrassment.

Talk a big game when you can actually back it up,

If the players can stick to the same game plan as last week, a win will ensue.

The Saints move through the corridor, just like the Lions tried to last week.

The boys will choke the passage, thus forcing a wide path, a more contested ball.

I'm going to grab a bit of that 1.92 whilst I can - easy win.

The problem this week jr is that the saints have a bit more talent than the lions.

And we will not get it done kicking 1 goals 5 again in the second half this week.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

Doubt St Kilda players would take any notice of anything a Melbourne player said regardless.

We haven't beaten them since Brock Mclean was the anointed one and John Howard was still Prime Minister!

Bloody oath we owe them one. We owe them 11!

• Like 1

i hope the melbourne city council has organised the planting of a few trees across the half forward line by sunday

we'll need all the help we can get

Knowing our luck, Hogan would fall over it and do a knee.

The problem this week jr is that the saints have a bit more talent than the lions.

And we will not get it done kicking 1 goals 5 again in the second half this week.

Well, the Lions were much lauded last week, od, particularly their midfield, but they were choked down.

The game was won at half time.

We kept a team down to four goals.....think about it, four goals.

• Like 1

Well, the Lions were much lauded last week, od, particularly their midfield, but they were choked down.

if the scoreboard looks the same at three qurter time as last week jr I will probably have died of shame.

God that was a terrible game last weekend.

I tried watching the replay and gave up half way through the second quarter.

If that is the future of AFL the game is doomed.

• Like 1

not so sure it was just we

bears did a great job missing so many easy goals

the last 4 scoring shots of the game (all points) were from bear's set shoots and all very gettable

• Like 1

If Riewoldt pulls out I wonder if the Saints will play Hickey over Membrey to stretch us in the ruck and also make McDonald play back. Could work against them if it's wet.

Speaking of the wet I think that's the only chance Michie has to play. Otherwise I'd go with the younger guys.

I don't see Stretch or Harmes named for Casey so I presume they will play. Grimes, Michie, ANB and Matt Jones for the remaining 2 spots.I might regret this come Sunday but I'd rather give ANB a full run back at Casey and use Michie or Matt Jones as the sub.

So bench: Stretch, Grimes, Harmes with Michie/Matt Jones as sub depending on conditions.

I expect Grimes will play on the wing and tag Montagna.

Simple really, given our inability to curb key forwards in games like this ( think guys like Cloke and Predator Head) then it's like this..

If Riewoldt plays we lose by 5 or so goals, if he doesn't we win by................ 1 point!

not so sure it was just we

bears did a great job missing so many easy goals

the last 4 scoring shots of the game (all points) were from bear's set shoots and all very gettable

Agree - but our players missed some sitters too.

Anyway, if we are disciplined, we'll win.

FCS, rjay...

If you are going to make a noise 'rpfc' you have to back it up and he didn't...

I remember being down at Hawthorn when McLure sent them his nude photo shoot with the footy placed strategically (it's sometimes shown on 360)...they of course had it on the board to remind the players he was having a go at them. Jeans wasn't going to let that one go.

Don't remember who won the game but you could guarantee McClure backed it up on the field

So...I don't mind players speaking their mind or having a bit of harmless banter but they do need to back it up or they just look plain silly.