• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Northern Blues v Casey Scorpions

KC from Casey

That's a lot of love for Jamar, fella's.

He struggles at AFL level and is limited, or maybe has peaked would be a better conclusion. Shows he's a dominant VFL grade player on occasion but is not the now nor the future of the MFC. I don't believe he's worth bringing back into the side now considering the status quo.

He's been good but has reached his use-by date.

Stick with Gawn and maybe employ Spencil again like we did against the Cats. Sad to say it but Spencil offers more options than Jamar and they are more valuable than giving Jamar another go at mediocrity.

Jamar is still a more reliable tap ruckman than Spencer even if he's limited in his range of where he hits it. A better kick. Likely a better mark and more importantly he's much less likely to give away silly free kicks or make the comical errors that Spencer does with things like not punching the ball through the goal line.

If Spencer (or Dawes) were young players showing promising signs then I'd stick with them. But the reality is Jamar, Spencer and Dawes are all depth types and we should play whichever are in the best form. I don't think playing Jamar will influence whether he or Spencer stays on the list next year and even if it would there's enough rounds left to play Jamar for a couple of weeks and see if he can do something forward than Dawes isn't giving us.

• Like 2

Jamar's acquitting himself so well since being dropped raises another question:

Why couldn't Dawes & Howe respond similarly well to being dropped and play themselves back into form?

Neither of them will find form in the firsts.

• Like 5

Skinny. Came through school footy with Salem & Kelly, but didn't grow, so fell behind. Became a small forward type, but then had a fair growth spurt in his draft year. Probably measures in close to 190 now. Maybe his growth spurt may have had something to do with his back issues.

Still needs to put on size, but his pace and skill is exciting. Pretty good by foot too.

So not knowing anything about Hunt, could anyone please tell me what his weaknesses are at this stage?

Edited by AdamFarr

So not knowing anything about Hunt, could anyone please tell me what his weaknesses are at this stage?

From limited exposure, he still doesn't get a lot of ball, still a bit on the skinny side. His comments on the website indicate he's still looking to improve his contested work and tackling.

• Like 2

From limited exposure, he still doesn't get a lot of ball, still a bit on the skinny side. His comments on the website indicate he's still looking to improve his contested work and tackling.

Thanks mate.

As posted in the contracts thread, Spence is the only extended ruck option contracted beyond this season (2016). We need to lock down some options now. There was some interest here in Jolly a couple years back. Jamar occupies one spot on the list as security and there are many others who could be cut to make space before willfully ditching Mark.

Edited by Skuit

Another Blease?

No. Hunt will make it. Had a crook back prior to being drafted.

I've always thought he'd be a player, Robert Shaw had him not far behind Salem/Kelly.

Blease on the other hand, he won't make it, he has been in the system a long time, and still, it looks as though Blease thinks there is only 1 speed.

Speed alone is useless in football, I've seen a lot of quick players, but without brains, they are useless. Blease is useless.

• Like 1

As posted in the contracts thread, Spence is the only extended ruck option contracted beyond this season (2016). We need to lock down some options now. There was some interest here in Jolly a couple years back. Jamar occupies one spot on the list as security and there are many others who could be cut to make space before willfully ditching Mark.

which has the most trade value Skuit? & what could we get, to then on-trade, from the best trade option?

& would you take a Henderson, or a Yarran for that 'best trade option' ?

The good thing is we are getting more depth and finding more players, allowing us to get rid of the ones who are not up to it.

More depth? On top of who? Our team today carriers a couple of passengers. The first three named is the BOG are Jamar who is 8 weeks of retirement and Grimes and McKenzie who both are not AFL standard. Last weeks loss to the Bombers along with the Hawks pantsing of Sydney shows we are still some time away.

No. Hunt will make it. Had a crook back prior to being drafted.

I've always thought he'd be a player, Robert Shaw had him not far behind Salem/Kelly.

Blease on the other hand, he won't make it, he has been in the system a long time, and still, it looks as though Blease thinks there is only 1 speed.

Speed alone is useless in football, I've seen a lot of quick players, but without brains, they are useless. Blease is useless.

It would be great for Hunt to make it given he has attributes that we desperately need. I originally hoped he could play a Yarran type role from the HBF. It would be even better if he could turn into a goal kicking forward.

Hunt, Trengrove and Petracca will all be like brand new recruits next year. Lots to be excited about

Does anyone know what Melbourne will do this year assuming Casey play finals? In the past our listed players often drop out of the side after the senior teams matches conclude.

I can bet you every dollar Paul Roos will want all the players who are available playing.

There is a reason why Roosy is a big fan of plapp and hired him full time coach for casey because he wants to speed up the development and it all starts at Casey.

• Like 3

I think Jamars role has been reduced to him making sure Gawn, and to a lesser extent Spencer, earn their spots in the seniors. I still rate Jamar ahead of Spencer but given that Spencer has more of a potential future he will be given more chances. I hope Mark gets another opportunity to play, potentially as a farewell, but we must push forward with Gawn.

• Like 4

I can bet you every dollar Paul Roos will want all the players who are available playing.

There is a reason why Roosy is a big fan of plapp and hired him full time coach for casey because he wants to speed up the development and it all starts at Casey.

I sure hope so. Our young brigade need to experience playing games in September that matter.

anything on toumpas?l

Didn't stand out. Terrible disposal and missed 2 or 3 relatively easy goals including one my geriatric self would have been embarrassed to miss. Having said that I will probably have a bad game myself today. Not even going to attempt shots.

Roos' boy went reasonably well got a few touches and probably should have kicked at least one but lacked confidence and passed it off.

White was pretty quiet. King was good early but then Hunt bobbed up. Whilst he kicked 4 two were joe the goose type gifts in the goal square. He did look good though.

Before the game Jamar was outside the ground with a physio and looked to be doing some sort of fitness test. He was good around the ground and did not seem to be impaired.

Liam Jones had the better of Fitz . Liam was probably the best for the blues.

• Like 2

which has the most trade value Skuit? & what could we get, to then on-trade, from the best trade option?

& would you take a Henderson, or a Yarran for that 'best trade option' ?

The Hawks seem to do alright without a dominant ruckman.

Deeluded, I would follow AIs advice and swap them all including Dawes for one Roughhead.

• Like 1

One 4 goal game in a coupl of years doesn't warrant a contract. He needs to do it consistently first

That said JKH may be getting worried

The list management situation will be interesting this year. Do we back the recruiters to change our fortunes by maximising the available picks or back our development team to achieve that result with some players who are already here. I know very little about Hunt other than what I have read here and what I have seen on the injury list.

I looked up the VFL stats for Hunt, (unfortunately not up for yesterdays game)

The rows are Kicks, Handballs, Marks, Contested Marks, Goals and Behinds. He has only played the last 3 games which were against Geelong, Port Melbourne and Northern Blues. Extraordinarily he is now Casey's top goal kicker with 9 goals! (I think Jamar is second with 8)

His Geelong stats were a great start, the game against Port was played in very poor conditions, so his other stats against Northern Blues will be interesting.

K 9, 6, ?

H 3, 0, ?

M 6, 1, ?

CM 3, 0, ?

G 3, 2, 4

B 1, 0, ?

Edited by xarronn
  • Like 1

Didn't stand out. Terrible disposal and missed 2 or 3 relatively easy goals including one my geriatric self would have been embarrassed to miss. Having said that I will probably have a bad game myself today. Not even going to attempt shots.

Roos' boy went reasonably well got a few touches and probably should have kicked at least one but lacked confidence and passed it off.

White was pretty quiet. King was good early but then Hunt bobbed up. Whilst he kicked 4 two were joe the goose type gifts in the goal square. He did look good though.

Before the game Jamar was outside the ground with a physio and looked to be doing some sort of fitness test. He was good around the ground and did not seem to be impaired.

Liam Jones had the better of Fitz . Liam was probably the best for the blues.

Not sure which game you were watching? Not what I saw at all.

Toump was pretty good in the contest. One set shot should have got and one on the run after a few good marks. He played mainly forward though and probs ended up with 18 to 20 disposals and probs about 8 tackles. His defensive forward pressure was pretty good.

Thought Tyler was very average. Sold players into trouble a few times. Nothing special. Surname helps.

Grimes was very good as was Jordie, Hunt and Jamar. Fitzy and Spencil both ok too.

Does anyone know what Melbourne will do this year assuming Casey play finals? In the past our listed players often drop out of the side after the senior teams matches conclude.

i would be pretty sure that our new linkage and development team would dictate that most eligible players would be playing. Maybe if one or two need off season surgery they may miss, but not the disgraceful disrespect for the linkage shown two years ago. Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

I think I speak for most of us Dees who live interstate, KC, Samael and others who regularly attend Scorps matches, big thanks for the updates and information on our listed players. Very much appreciated

• Like 6