• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Delistings/trades at end of the season

Depends what you consider to be a big name, signing dangerfield would be a foolish mistake in my opinion, we will continue to add younger players i reckon.

• Like 7

hypothetical:

would you trade Hogan and our first pick for Fyfe?

I don't think anywhere near enough Demonlanders appreciate the improvement that Petracca will make to our midfield next year. Why trade away the best forward in the League ( plus our first draft pick) when we may already have the best midfielder already on our list?
  • Like 4

I don't think anywhere near enough Demonlanders appreciate the improvement that Petracca will make to our midfield next year. Why trade away the best forward in the League ( plus our first draft pick) when we may already have the best midfielder already on our list?

Don't get to excited about Petracca yet. Remember he had a limited tank when he joined us. Imagine what his tank is now after 6 months on the sideline.

He will have a mountain to climb to get his tank some up to AFL Standard let alone learn the game plan, running patterns, improve his skillset ect.

Don't get to excited about Petracca yet. Remember he had a limited tank when he joined us. Imagine what his tank is now after 6 months on the sideline.

He will have a mountain to climb to get his tank some up to AFL Standard let alone learn the game plan, running patterns, improve his skillset ect.

You're all doom and gloom olisik. He'll be right mate.

I seriously hope we don't lose Garland, he is what we missed yesterday, his ability to get the ball out of half back is probably if not the best we have on our team. It's what we lacked yesterday his ability to get the it going.

Lumumba, Grimes, Garland, and Howe (who I think is far better value in defence than up forward) can all effectively play the same way - rebound half back flank turnover merchants.

Once Salem comes back we need two of them at the most.

We don't need all four. The first two are, I believe, under contract, Garland is an unrestricted free agent, whereas the latter is a potentially valuable commodity.

If we get a pick tied to our second round pick for Garland, ripper. He's not worth a pick 20-25 I'd say, but it's hopefully what his value will be, and hopefully he'll get to be a chance to be a premiership player - he won't be around when / if we get to that level.

If Howe was worth pick 7 last year from GWS, I struggle to see him being worth pick 7 this year. More like a second rounder or bundled with our second rounder to upgrade to an opposition's mid-first round.

• Like 2

If I were to take a completely ruthless approach I'd put all of: Grimes, Howe, Toumpas and Watts on the table.

I'd let Garland walk as an FA.

I'd delist/retire: Bail, Cross, Jamar, M Jones, McKenzie, Michie, Riley and Terlich

Agree with this except for Toumpas.

I'd keep him. He is showing the right signs now and once he becomes more and more comfortable in his 'skin' and how he identifies himself within the team, we'll see a really good player. His speed and power are starting to improve and his physicality has improved a lot which has come from greater confidence. He's slowly building and I'm happy with his progress.

For those others you mention, I agree we need to be pretty ruthless again and think about list improvement all over the ground. We'll need to lose someone to gain for our team. Whether that's Garland, Howe or Watts I don't mind but it simply has to happen if we ever want to completely break the shackles.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 1

Garland won't get much, neither will Grimes, Watts maybe a little more but Howe might get a first rounder from some idiot who wants to get 'people through the gates'...

Frankly, I don't mind keeping all 4 of these players, my issue is replacing the 36th to 40th players on your list with players who are in your best 18.

Trading Grimes for Pick 43 doesn't interest me.

Getting Dangerfield in FA however...

Garland won't get much, neither will Grimes, Watts maybe a little more but Howe might get a first rounder from some idiot who wants to get 'people through the gates'...

Frankly, I don't mind keeping all 4 of these players, my issue is replacing the 36th to 40th players on your list with players who are in your best 18.

Let me spell this out for u

WE ARNT [censored] GETTING DANGERFIELD!

If I were to take a completely ruthless approach I'd put all of: Grimes, Howe, Toumpas and Watts on the table.

I'd let Garland walk as an FA.

I'd delist/retire: Bail, Cross, Jamar, M Jones, McKenzie, Michie, Riley and Terlich

Surely not!??

And I'd rather keep Col then let him walk.

Don't have an issue with any of your other suggestions, although I believe all of M. Jones, Michie and Terlich are contracted...

I think for us, players like the ones highlighted are part of the problem. It's the 'scarred mentality' thing.

We need players who's game and psychology has not been subject to this MFC conditioning, (for lack of a better term).

I'm with you in that we need to improve the depth end of our list just as we need to improve our midfield.

There are many areas. And there are several identifiable reasons as to why we are stuck in the [censored]. And why we can concede record breaking opposition goals in halves of football. It's not simply just the 'midfield's' problem. Just as it isn't Garland, Grimes and Watts problem alone. But it's definitely those combined and then some.

Moving on some of those more senior players is a non-negotiable and we'll see it happen, even if we're not going to 'get much' in return.

If you hold the belief that our recruiting and football development teams are infinitely better than what we've had in seasons gone by then I wouldn't be worrying about what picks we'll be getting.

Hogan, Viney, Brayshaw, Salem, Petracca, Toumpas, Frost, JKH, Kent. We need for these guys to remain hungry and competitive at all times and not have them follow in some of the footsteps of 'problem players' that we have.

That can't be stressed enough.

Edited by stevethemanjordan

Watts is doing the right things now. He also seems to be one of the only players who isn't afraid to back himself. Surely, yesterday was evidence of this.

Watts, Toumpas and Cross will and should stay. The rest will and should go.

• Like 2

If Dangerfield gets to the table, it could be levered that leadership positions might be available.

I think that there would also be similar chemistry between him and Watts and that could work out really well.

We dont want dangerfield, even if he were open to the idea it'd be a huge mistake

Just interested in how it would be? Is it because of the money we would have to spend on him? I think anyone of that class would be worth it seeing how he is a restricted free agent (hence we dont have to offer draft picks).

P.s. Really happy with Watts game yesterday, he was clearly a class above with his disposal (we over used the ball so badly 100 more handballs), yet jacks lace out kicks were a pleasure to watch. Just need to get the Toump to stop handballing so much and the two maligned guys will be so much better than they were thought of a few weeks back!

• Like 1

Watts is doing the right things now. He also seems to be one of the only players who isn't afraid to back himself. Surely, yesterday was evidence of this.

Watts, Toumpas and Cross will and should stay. The rest will and should go.

I thought he kept us in the game yesterday.

• Like 3