Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Delistings/trades at end of the season

Just my opinion guys.

For mine, I just feel we need a 50/50 balance of young developers and more mature looking for a shot types on the rookie list and I have King and Harmes ahead of White at this stage.

And yes, I have seen him play.

I feel we need good players. White looks like he'll develop into one. He has some attributes that in time could make us a better team at AFL level. That's enough for me.

Well thats what Rookie list are for mate other wise guys like Will Langford wouldn't be the player he is today developing on the rookie list for two years before he got a game.

Unfortunately we don't really have the luxury to develop players for that long in our position, IMO.

• Like 1

I feel we need good players. White looks like he'll develop into one. He has some attributes that in time could make us a better team at AFL level. That's enough for me.

I don't disagree that he may develop into a good player, but I feel like we've been found out a bit this year when hit by injuries. I'd just like to have 2 developing kids and 2 ready to go types who deserve a chance.

I don't disagree that he may develop into a good player, but I feel like we've been found out a bit this year when hit by injuries. I'd just like to have 2 developing kids and 2 ready to go types who deserve a chance.

If you've got a kid on your list you think could be a good player, you don't let him go. Especially when he's on your rookie list. You back your coaches in to do something with him.

• Like 2

If you've got a kid on your list you think could be a good player, you don't let him go. Especially when he's on your rookie list. You back your coaches in to do something with him.

You've still gotta be winning games while kids develop though, and I think this year has shown us we went to kid focused with our rookies.

Just my opinion guys.

For mine, I just feel we need a 50/50 balance of young developers and more mature looking for a shot types on the rookie list and I have King and Harmes ahead of White at this stage.

And yes, I have seen him play.

Fair enough. Everyone entitled to their opinion.

Possibly Stu, but being found out by injuries has probably got more to do with carrying guys that have limited ability such as Bail, MJones, Terlich, Fitzy, Spencil, McKenzie and possibly Hunt. In recent years it's also included Nico, Evans, etc.

A rookie who's been on the list for less than a year and whose widely considered to have a deadly left foot is worth persevering with for at least another year IMO. Given Roos/Taylor/Viney selected him (as opposed to Neeld), he deserves 2 years at least.

• Like 2

Gone.Bail m.Jones Mckenzie Hunt Terlich Fitz

Retired. Jamar

Thats 7 off.

Upgrade Vandenburg.

Then 6 spots available.

Harmes to be upgraded too.

Terlich is contracted. Hopefully he will get paid out or be offered the Evans deal. (Delisted and rookied at same cash)

We have heaps of players just outside our best 22.We may need to cut some who are not the future.

Reily doesn't impact games enough for my liking and is too slow.

Pick one of Matt Jones, Mitchie or Bail and cut the other two.

Mitchie would be my keeper.

Possibly Stu, but being found out by injuries has probably got more to do with carrying guys that have limited ability such as Bail, MJones, Terlich, Fitzy, Spencil, McKenzie and possibly Hunt. In recent years it's also included Nico, Evans, etc.

A rookie who's been on the list for less than a year and whose widely considered to have a deadly left foot is worth persevering with for at least another year IMO. Given Roos/Taylor/Viney selected him (as opposed to Neeld), he deserves 2 years at least.

Tend to agree 'Moon', we need to get more quality across the board.

I understand 'stuie's' point but think that White is progressing well at the moment. Probably a bit early to make a call on him and doesn't he get a 2 year contract as a rookie anyway?

Gone.Bail m.Jones Mckenzie Hunt Terlich Fitz

Retired. Jamar

Thats 7 off.

Upgrade Vandenburg.

Then 6 spots available.

IMO Fitzy will stay and I am unsure on Hunt as he really hasn't had an injury free go at it yet. Pretty sure he will be given another year.

I think they may look at Michie and Riley if they are looking to move another player on.

• Like 2

Unfortunately we don't really have the luxury to develop players for that long in our position, IMO.

There's no way in hell that's his, nor any other developing players fault. there are players on the list that are being looked at by club and supporters. I'd suggest there's enough dead wood on the list to get rid of before the potentials get culled. There's enough space on any list for a good team, and a development base, hell, you can't have a list of superstars under the salary cap (I guess depends on the club....). It comes down to how well you develop and manage the young talent. That's our future, not the current 25+ group - their job is to get us ready.

I want to see the Harmes', Whites, Kings, etc debut to see what they've got, at the expense of the usual suspects, but I'm happy to defer to the experts and wait patiently until the time comes. Personally, I think all 3 will be regular 22 come the end of 2016.

IMO Fitzy will stay and I am unsure on Hunt as he really hasn't had an injury free go at it yet. Pretty sure he will be given another year.

I think they may look at Michie and Riley if they are looking to move another player on.

Not suggesting it should or will happen, but Hunt could be a prime delist and rookie candidate.

Still think this off season will be the calm before the storm of offseason 2016. Based on the fact that of a weak draft coming up, needing another year to see where the likes of Trengove, Hunt and our rookies are at as well as getting another pre-season into the likes of Hogan, Petracca, Neal-Bullen etc.

If we delist Jamar, Bail & McKenzie and trade out say Howe, Grimes & Fitzpatrick that gives us 6 list spots.

Trade in an experienced outside mid with pace and an another ruck to battle for a spot with Gawn. Can then promote Vanders & Harmes which allows you to draft two kids in the national draft and two in the rookie draft.

This would then also mean at the end of 2016 Goodwin can make a call on the careers of:

Cross (1 year at the end of 2015)

Terlich

M. Jones

Spencer

Pedersen (1 year at the end of 2015)

Riley (1 year at the end of 2015)

Trengove

Hunt (1 year at the end of 2015)

Michie

Newton

White (extra rookie year end of 2015)

King (extra rookie year end of 2015)

1st Rookie selection of 2015 rookie draft

2nd Rookie selection of 2015 rookie draft

Allows him to really take ownership of the list right from the start.

Edited by AngryAtCasey
  • Like 2

Still think this off season will be the calm before the storm of offseason 2016.

I don't agree with this at all.

Roos is showing signs over the past couple of weeks of almost being at the end of his tether with this group. He looks fed up. 'Message not getting through', 'sometimes they don't listen' etc.

I don't think he'll tread water with minimal changes and be content with another 6-8 win season next year.

If a player is clearly not up to it they should be moved on immediately, regardless of the draft. Last year was supposedly a weak draft as well and we've brought 4 quality mids in with 4 picks in the top 42, and found a 150 game player in vandenBerg with a rookie pick.

• Like 2

If a player is clearly not up to it they should be moved on immediately, regardless of the draft.

I do agree with that point WJD, however you still need the players available to move on.

What i mean by that is the only other players we have coming out of contract are Riley, Pedersen, Cross, Hunt and the rookies. Cross and Pedersen have done enough to warrant new deals IMO, the rookies are showing very promising signs down at Casey so that only leaves Riley and Hunt. You could make a tough call on Hunt, but the poor kid hasn't really had a good run. Roos himself on a recent episode of Roos views described him as very exciting which gives me the feeling they may stick by him. Then of course there's Riley who could well get the chop. There's reasons for and against.

The final option would be cutting contracted players eg: Terlich, M. Jones, Michie etc, however you do that to often like we did last year and you run the risk of your club picking up a reputation amongst other players and the AFLPA of being a club to avoid as they cut players mud contract.

All things for the list managers to take into consideration.

I've always maintained that this off season will be the Clubs most important. You think what 3-4 competent good players will do to our list. Depth, and clear our deadwood. I have no problems where we are at. Injuries have hit us, and without depth we struggle. Goodwin will have 75% better list than that of Roos when he took over.. Roos had 25% of good players, now it's probably 50-60% of list is in good shape..

Another clear out will give us a great boost. The Ox is slow but the Earth is patient.

Matt Suckling of the Hawks is OOC and has put off talks. Would be a nice pick up for the right price - deadliest foot in the league.

• Like 2

I think also it will depend on who we can trade-in; & tradein, as to which players go. just yet

Still think this off season will be the calm before the storm of offseason 2016. Based on the fact that of a weak draft coming up, needing another year to see where the likes of Trengove, Hunt and our rookies are at as well as getting another pre-season into the likes of Hogan, Petracca, Neal-Bullen etc.

If we delist Jamar, Bail & McKenzie and trade out say Howe, Grimes & Fitzpatrick that gives us 6 list spots.

Trade in an experienced outside mid with pace and an another ruck to battle for a spot with Gawn. Can then promote Vanders & Harmes which allows you to draft two kids in the national draft and two in the rookie draft.

This would then also mean at the end of 2016 Goodwin can make a call on the careers of:

Cross (1 year at the end of 2015)

Terlich

M. Jones

Spencer

Pedersen (1 year at the end of 2015)

Riley (1 year at the end of 2015)

Trengove

Hunt (1 year at the end of 2015)

Michie

Newton

White (extra rookie year end of 2015)

King (extra rookie year end of 2015)

1st Rookie selection of 2015 rookie draft

2nd Rookie selection of 2015 rookie draft

Allows him to really take ownership of the list right from the start.

I think this Is why this trade period is our biggest in recent memory, & also under Roosy's time. We have to clear out some more of the old culture people, & bring more fresh air minds in.

..... we need some more mature players to replace the gap in our 26Yr age bracket of weakness.

Matt Suckling of the Hawks is OOC and has put off talks. Would be a nice pick up for the right price - deadliest foot in the league.

only for the right price, as he can kick but is on the soft side.. and we already have way too much of that sort of kind hearted soft, in our culture, & our list. adding more can stilt the attempts to rid it; & get a hard nosed

Edited by dee-luded