THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

But let's not pretend it's because of the intellectual stimulation of debate. You're here to prove other people wrong and thus validate your inflated ego.

Really just wishes he was a Melbourne supporter.

But, if this community is too insular for that, and gets too offended by the simple presence dissenting thoughts and opinions then believe me, I'm happy to no longer contribute.

Fella, if you think we are close minded dealing with you then you should stick around and have a look at how we treat each other. You are being treated quite well.

• Like 7

personally I like to read opinions of people I don't agree with. I enjoy debate, and the cut and the thrust of it. I don't like being surrounded by people who have the same opinion as me, I find it boring and I don't learn anything. It's why I don't spend any time on Bomberblitz and rarely post on the BigFooty Essendon thread on the same topic. Even gameday threads. I find it intellectually stimulating to put forward my own perspective and try to understand others, even if I don't agree with them.

But, if this community is too insular for that, and gets too offended by the simple presence dissenting thoughts and opinions then believe me, I'm happy to no longer contribute.

It's not the dissenting thoughts that concern some of us. It is just your inability to resist responding to everything which then engenders responses from others. End result a lot of repetitive boring labyrinthine posts.

I suggest that you consider widening your scope and take your enjoyment of debate to other club's forums as well. I'm sure you will find plenty of opinions to correct and stimulating thoughts there as well. And if you are busy with the other 16 club forums we will only have 1/16th of you. Which may be a more acceptable level.

• Like 4

One would think it could be quite a dangerous habit to present contrary indeed vilifying opinions on Bomberblings in the present climate.

You know "United we stand divided we're all gonna be locked up" situation.

Good to see Dank banned for life - now its your turn Hird!

Stephen really did spit the dum dum!

Maybe he thought the ACC would protect him for services rendered? Now I reckon he's aiming to take a few down with him!

A FURIOUS Stephen Dank says the AFL will feel the full force of the law after the Herald Sun broke the news to him he has been banned for life.

The AFL announced today Dank had been issued with a life ban, effective June 25, by the league anti-doping tribunal. The ban effectively means Dank cannot work again in any major Australian sport.

The Herald Sun informed Dank of the verdict at Moonee Valley Racecourse at 1.30pm, where he was being interviewed on stage by Mike Sheahan.

A visibly shaken and angry Dank immediately telephoned AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan and AFL anti-doping tribunal legal counsel Justin Hooper.

Heraldsun 5pm

Maybe he thought the ACC would protect him for services rendered? Now I reckon he's aiming to take a few down with him!

A FURIOUS Stephen Dank says the AFL will feel the full force of the law after the Herald Sun broke the news to him he has been banned for life.

The AFL announced today Dank had been issued with a life ban, effective June 25, by the league anti-doping tribunal. The ban effectively means Dank cannot work again in any major Australian sport.

The Herald Sun informed Dank of the verdict at Moonee Valley Racecourse at 1.30pm, where he was being interviewed on stage by Mike Sheahan.

A visibly shaken and angry Dank immediately telephoned AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan and AFL anti-doping tribunal legal counsel Justin Hooper.

Heraldsun 5pm

Which law will he use? Surely going for defamation, don't think he has worked out the consequences of doing so yet

• Like 2

Heraldsun 5pm

effective 25th of June mmm. Probably was just like "should we tell him today.... nah lets just palm this one off to the Herald Sun tomorrow"

Edited by Young Dee

Which law will he use? Surely going for defamation, don't think he has worked out the consequences of doing so yet

Wouldn't taking this to court end up with sworn statements from all he wishes to subpoena, as well as himself?

Could make very interesting reading

I wonder when he will file, and when he will be Hird, sorry, heard?

Edited by monoccular

Seriously what is up with this dude? if he had evidence that could clear himself why not end this saga 2 years ago?

• Like 1

Seriously what is up with this dude? if he had evidence that could clear himself why not end this saga 2 years ago?

Just wants to keep his media currency high so that he can continue to grind out his new public speaking career ala Jacko, Capper and Chopper. Good for nothing else.

• Like 1

delusional types often don't see things with such logic

Does LanceU post on other club's forums or are we especially favoured? If only us, what have we done to deserve it? Surely we are no more rabid on this subject than supporters of other non-EFC clubs.

Lance is a Dons' supporter who has made more than 46,000 posts on BF since he joined 10 years ago.

A peanut of the highest order, with many on BF ignoring his posts.

• Like 1

What we have here is a rogues gallery of slippery creatures who have one thing in common - a total lack of willingness to give evidence or assist in uncovering the truth.

On top of that there have been suggestions made in some quarters that money changed hands in order to buy the silence of some of the rogues so if you're considering why someone like Dank might be a little backward in coming forward don't dismiss the possibility of people acting in their own self interest even if the logic of their behaviour doesn't always seem apparent.

• Like 4

I think the hypocracy of the AFL in this matter has been unbelievable. Clearly, they have been looking around for a scapegoat and have found their man in Dank - someone close enough to the industry to make the scapegoating credible, but not of the industry. Dank after all was just carrying out Hird's orders. That does not excuse him, but it most certainly does not excuse either Hird, Reid, Thompson and the others so intimately involved in this sordid scheme and its subsequent coverup.

I agree with WJ though it might be this very blame game which might cause Dank to break the cone of silence surrounding the key players in this episode. Further, this hearing is likely to be given the power by the Australian courts to compell witnesses to appear and to testify under oath. It is one thing to pronounce things to journalist writing spurious books about a subject, it it quite another to lie under oath, for that you can end up in jail. Even Hird's unprincipled thugs dont have that power. Besides, going rogue might be the only way some of them can save their skins, at least partially, particularly Dank.

Fortunately there is no need for outrage because we all know for certain what is ahead in the next six months ie a fair hearing in front of highly credentialed judges who will have the necessary powers and resources to get to the bottom of this whole sorry mess. And there is absolutely nothing that the AFL, Hird, Little, Essendon or anyone else involved can do about it. And that is all that we could possibly ask...

Edited by Dees2014

I suggest that you consider widening your scope and take your enjoyment of debate to other club's forums as well.

Or even contribute to the wider cut and thrust on DL. e.g. Who makes way for Garland and Hogan? Toumpas? Watts? Colour of the jersey? etc. etc.

• Like 1

I cant for the life of me agree with much of LU offerings, for much if them suggests an unwillingness (despite assurances to the opposite) that Essendon obviously crossed the line are are as guilty as hell of the most abhorrent disregard to care and moral duty seen in a long time. Only those unprepared to connect the dots have such a stance.

I do however appreciate an ability ti string more than two words together.

I do find it odd that these arguments take place on a Melb forum but possibly that's but testament to the quality of this board in general. I have , when able, had brief perusal of bf asada threads. Enlightening if only to witness some amazingly blinkered thinkings. These also show how many in joe public land fail to grasp the reality and severity of what transpired and what is still running as the 'intercept'.

And yet the WADA train continues its journey. The fallout from this has hardly begun. By the time its finished the AFL landscape will have changed considerably, hopefully for the better. All those found to have participated and conspired to obsfucate should be banished.

Must be hard to deal with knowing the club you follow is run by a bunch of....

Discussion by different views is interesting though.

• Like 1

What we have here is a rogues gallery of slippery creatures who have one thing in common - a total lack of willingness to give evidence or assist in uncovering the truth.

On top of that there have been suggestions made in some quarters that money changed hands in order to buy the silence of some of the rogues so if you're considering why someone like Dank might be a little backward in coming forward don't dismiss the possibility of people acting in their own self interest even if the logic of their behaviour doesn't always seem apparent.

Good point. If Dank is innocent of any wrongdoing, if he believes the Essendon 34 are innocent of being injected with a banned substance and if he really is so angry about the Tribunal decision then he could have responded when he was served with his infraction notice and defended himself at the Tribunal. Instead, he sat back and let this circus go on and on and on ...

c'mon, you can do better than that. Surely it's far more likely I'm Ian Hanke than Tania Hird? Spreading misinformation and obfuscating and shutting down critical discussion on Demonland to subvert justice as part of the nefarious and evil "Hird PR team" web of deceit, all whilst drinking overpriced red and rolling a cuban cigar around in my fingers, cackling wildly

Lance, you've got it at last. Well done! I'm so glad you have now seen the light. I look forward now to nuanced, fair, and well reasoned posts from you in the future.

It is true that people can reform and have their minds changed by rational arguments even for a trol like you.....amazing!

Edited by Dees2014

I don't want to speak for him but I think he mentioned previously that Dees2014 had been quoted on other forums and that lead him here.

Lance is all over BF Essendon site and several others. I was informed privately by email that I was taking a caning on BF Hawthorn site from LU after a poster on there reposted a number of my entries from DL about Essendon. Fortunately, there was much support on there for the Demonland point of view, so LU got as much grief from Hawks supporters as he gets from here. It was soon after this episode when he decided obviously to go on full frontal attack and joined demonland, but was initially in disguise on here for a while as "SanityPrevails" before I seem to remember he got banned, and so converted to his usual name of LU.

He can't help himself - he is an attack-dog troll (if that's not an oxymoron). Fits very well into the BF Essendon site, where he is completely at home with a clutch of like-minded warped "personalities"!

• Like 1

It was soon after this episode when he decided obviously to go on full frontal attack and joined demonland, but was initially in disguise on here for a while as "SanityPrevails"

Thats a doozy of a username for an Essendon supporter to use. If there is one thing that has not prevailed once down at that club the last 2 years, it is sanity.

Organised criminals inside the Essendon circle. That's ridiculous

Unorganised criminals then?

• Like 5

I do enjoy LU posts and hope he continues.

Amongst the occasional acknowledgement of fault and the usually well supported references to actual decisions and legal position he also provides an insight into the delusional denial arguments.

I appreciate his difficulty in acknowledging player responsibility when he has accepted that they were duped.

I however place a greater responsibility on them due to the training that they are given by authorities and their status.

I have urged WADA to recognise that the whatever it takes attitude and the obvious program that this lead to has resulted in the winner of the Brownlow (who incidentally admitted having substances injected) and other players to undertake performance enhancing practices which were not adequately administered. Their actions although occurring in the demanding confines of a single team tarnish all sports. The defence of no data therefore innocence is not sustainable in this circumstance, the intention was to cheat and they did.

• Like 1

Lance is all over BF Essendon site and several others. I was informed privately by email that I was taking a caning on BF Hawthorn site from LU after a poster on there reposted a number of my entries from DL about Essendon. Fortunately, there was much support on there for the Demonland point of view, so LU got as much grief from Hawks supporters as he gets from here. It was soon after this episode when he decided obviously to go on full frontal attack and joined demonland, but was initially in disguise on here for a while as "SanityPrevails" before I seem to remember he got banned, and so converted to his usual name of LU.

He can't help himself - he is an attack-dog troll (if that's not an oxymoron). Fits very well into the BF Essendon site, where he is completely at home with a clutch of like-minded warped "personalities"!

Well, I must say, it if very flattering that people keep talking about me. I honestly couldn't care if you or anyone thinks I was here under an alias - it's just another example of you being wrong. But let's face it, that's not exactly an uncommon occurrence.

When are you going to address the latest one you keep ignoring? A few pages ago you claimed that a "very authoritative article" (in your words) backed up your original belief that CAS operate under balance of probabilities, not comfortable satisfaction. I and a few others on here pointed out to you how you'd completely misread it, but for some reason you have completely refused to respond in any fashion. Why is that?

I mean, wasn't it you at the start of all this accusing me of playing the man and not engaging in discussion and debate? And aren't you right here playing the man and refusing to engage in actual discussion and debate?

I welcome your comments as an "expert" about this issue of burden of proof and await them eagerly. Maybe you can have brunch with some WADA connection or something and clear it up for us all.

Edited by Lance Uppercut