THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

Xavier was picked to be littles puppet that's all , a young guy that he could control , approaching worsfold is exactly what little would do , no morals self centred and in the same ilk as tony abbot , lying scum

• Like 1

i read somewhere he told the club before the meeting and they let it proceed, though not happy

so i don't think worsfold did anything wrong

I think if this was the case and the club were not happy he should have told EFC that he would meet them after the AFC finals commitment was over.

• Like 1

I think if this was the case and the club were not happy he should have told EFC that he would meet them after the AFC finals commitment was over.

why don't you believe this was true? nobody has denied it.

as for your second part then you would have to ask the adelaide fc.

Caro's article says it all for me.

The sooner Little leaves the better.

Mind you, if we want to take everything Mark Robinson says that's pro-Essendon with a heavy degree of scepticism, I think we need to treat Caro's anti-Essendon with a similar amount of wariness. Just because she writes in a more articulate style than the Chief Football Writer of the Herald Sun doesn't mean she's necessarily more accurate.

No, I believe what you are saying is true 'daisy', I just think Worsfold could of handled it better that's all.

I'm no fan of the EFC believe me...they are a pretty ordinary mob. Even forgetting the drug thing, their behind the scenes plotting with Hird to get rid of Knights showed their colours.

I hope they do get Worsfold, I think we will see Pagan mark II....the s...will hit the fan in November and it will be a long way back from there.

Mind you, if we want to take everything Mark Robinson says that's pro-Essendon with a heavy degree of scepticism, I think we need to treat Caro's anti-Essendon with a similar amount of wariness. Just because she writes in a more articulate style than the Chief Football Writer of the Herald Sun doesn't mean she's necessarily more accurate.

Given the media blowtorch we've been subject to in past years, I'm happy Caro is taking aim at someone else.

• Like 2

Xavier was picked to be littles puppet that's all , a young guy that he could control , approaching worsfold is exactly what little would do , no morals self centred and in the same ilk as tony abbot , lying scum

And nearly has less morals than Julia Gillard and Bill Shorten!

Caro's article says it all for me.

The sooner Little leaves the better.

dunno..

I like watching Essendon self destruct !! :)

No, I believe what you are saying is true 'daisy', I just think Worsfold could of handled it better that's all.

I'm no fan of the EFC believe me...they are a pretty ordinary mob. Even forgetting the drug thing, their behind the scenes plotting with Hird to get rid of Knights showed their colours.

I hope they do get Worsfold, I think we will see Pagan mark II....the s...will hit the fan in November and it will be a long way back from there.

Worsfold went to his club and told them about the proposed meeting days before, Adelaide gave the go ahead. How is this any of his fault.

Adelaide knew about it, said nothing, waiting to see if Essenscum would ask permission, when they didn't Adelaide went to the media and burnt the lying dogs.

Just like their players go squealing to the tribunal every chance they get.

• Like 3

Not surprising. Before Kent tore his hammy they were a formidable duo and had a good on field partnership.

I think losing Kent has really hurt us. He's very important to our structure and I hope this injury set back doesn't take away from his speed and power.

Those two beasts will make opponents cry for years to come.

Kent, and Salem, were huge losses for our structure. Limited our delivery significantly.

Simply sensational. Congratulations to him and all at the club who busted their butts to try and improve over the year and get plenty of ball to our Rising Star. We may not be consistently good at delivery i50 compared to the higher ranked clubs...yet.

But we must have done something right! Most likely our conversion rate as we ranked a lowly 16th in both i50s and marks i50. Oh hang on....the Hulk! Ranked 6th of all current day players (and 13th vs all players past and present day from 1965 till now!) in goal kicking conversion with a whopping 69.84%! That's just above the greatest FF of all time, plugger, who finished on an amazing 69.74% in 16th place :blink:(rankings based on players who had, or have had, a minimum 50 scoring shots at goal throughout their career. Courtesy: afltables.com)

Lets hope we can build some momentum out of this positive news and finally start stringing a few wins in a row together next year. Watching the Hulks progress is gonna be interesting. 2nd year is usually the toughest for most new blokes. Fingers crossed.

The last time I was as excited about a new MFC player was when a young #5 David Schwarz hit the scene - his 94 finals series was just massive.

I suspect that although 2016 will be his second season actually playing, having been at the club for two years prior to that will make for a far smoother transition. And, hi whole attitude is so rare for his age.

To their credit, they have issued an apology and expressed regret which is something they never completely did over the drug saga.

At least this demonstrates that they are learning because the consequences of their denial over the drug issue have been far more dire and far reaching than had they done the right thing in the first place and not tried to hide what went on during the period when players were routinely being injected with supposedly unknown substances about which there is no record.

That said, there's no need to bash them over the approach to Worsfold if they're genuinely showing remorse.

WJ - are you being magnanimous? Are you naïve? The "apology" was really one of those "I am really sorry / regret .......(that I was caught)" sort of apologies.

They have absolutely no scruples whatsoever and deserve whatever pain comes their way.

• Like 1

Kent, and Salem, were huge losses for our structure. Limited our delivery significantly.

The last time I was as excited about a new MFC player was when a young #5 David Schwarz hit the scene - his 94 finals series was just massive.

I suspect that although 2016 will be his second season actually playing, having been at the club for two years prior to that will make for a far smoother transition. And, hi whole attitude is so rare for his age.

WJ - are you being magnanimous? Are you naïve? The "apology" was really one of those "I am really sorry / regret .......(that I was caught)" sort of apologies.

They have absolutely no scruples whatsoever and deserve whatever pain comes their way.

I'm being both magnanimous and possibly naive but more importantly, the Worsfold issue is IMO not as important in the scheme of things as is getting to the bottom of the drug scandal and I think the whole discussion deflects from the major issue which is exactly what Essendon has been trying to do from the get go.

This article is from some time ago but this is what it's about ~ Bravo WADA, do not let AFL remain a laughing stock i.e it's about the supplements saga ... and as far as I'm concerned Worsfold is a side issue and Essendon haven't committed a major crime of any comparison with the doping issue by approaching him.

I'm being both magnanimous and possibly naive but more importantly, the Worsfold issue is IMO not as important in the scheme of things as is getting to the bottom of the drug scandal and I think the whole discussion deflects from the major issue which is exactly what Essendon has been trying to do from the get go.

This article is from some time ago but this is what it's about ~ Bravo WADA, do not let AFL remain a laughing stock i.e it's about the supplements saga ... and as far as I'm concerned Worsfold is a side issue and Essendon haven't committed a major crime of any comparison with the doping issue by approaching him.

you know it is...and it isnt WJ

I say that as it goes to the whole nature of how EFC go about things.. Here we have abject proof tthat they really havent changed one iota. There's still that arrogance that they can go about things in their own sweet manner and all others be damned.

What with the ludicrous suit against the AFL etc they live in la-la land

I agree tough that its really about getting to the bottom of the drugs debacle...but then this just shows the mentality that got them there.

aren't you worried about getting popcorn poisoning?

its ok...i rotate through other moorish items !! :)

• Like 1

There's still that arrogance that they can go about things in their own sweet manner and all others be damned.

Interesting that Carlton used to have the same attitude. "We're Carlton and flip the rest" - S. Kernahan.

But some of their old timers have gone and they're having a bit of an identity crisis. They seem to have realised they are just one of 18.

Wonder if Ess will have the same revelation any time soon.

• Like 1

In time perhaps Ted but nothing of late indicates a change of tune emanating from Windy Hill.

Worsfold went to his club and told them about the proposed meeting days before, Adelaide gave the go ahead. How is this any of his fault.

Adelaide knew about it, said nothing, waiting to see if Essenscum would ask permission, when they didn't Adelaide went to the media and burnt the lying dogs.

Then Adelaide are causing a bit of mischief and the whole thing is a storm in a tee cup.

Why did Worsfold agree to the meeting without getting agreement/sign off from the club before hand?

• Like 1