THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

B grade ?

lol

• Like 1

Dank and Charters under oath...

YES

Someone else has probably already covered this but apparently CAS cant subpoena. The 2 most important witnesses wont be grilled. Such a robust anti-doping regime!

Now that WADA has appealed will the Essendon FC offer Mr Hird another 2 year contract extension?

Don't forget, they still have the blood samples for the day when they can test for some of the peptides....

That day might have arived!! Over 2 years since those samples were taken. Things move quickly in the field of testing. Might also partially explain the last minute WADA appeal announcement.

Edited by Rusty Nails

He should be sacked right now.

Agree, but it is the Essendon FC we are talking about.

Someone else has probably already covered this but apparently CAS cant subpoena. The 2 most important witnesses wont be grilled. Such a robust anti-doping regime!

Can't WADA subpoena?

Damn, I couldn't access the premium article. You sure Molly wrote this?

They must be outsourcing because I'm sure no one in the HS footy department could write and article you would classify as premium.

• Like 1

They must be outsourcing because I'm sure no one in the HS footy department could write and article you would classify as premium.

I think they got a free case of premium beer.

Can't WADA subpoena?

As far as I understand it, WADA is operating under the CAS' jurisdiction therefore it would be beholden upon CAS to subpeona IF they had the power to should WADA ask. Not sure it's within CAS' s power to subpeona. WADA would no doubt know the answer to this so they obviously will or wont depending. But it's my limited layman's undertanding they (ASADA) wont because CAS cant lol.

Red or someone more learned in these matters would be better at addressing this.

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1

You caught me!

Now bring on the trial and subsequent appeal. As long as I don't feel stressed it's all good.

Well Ethan old boy, I figured the boards would lite up if Wada appealed . . but turns out it's busted this town wide open, what were blurred lines now replaced by trenches, minefields and heavy artillery. As the great John Travolta said on witnessing a nuclear bomb blast in the movie Broken Arrow "ain't it cool!!".

In many ways the football landscape changes from today, as for our poor old Dopers . . Wada the destroyer has come for them and they have no place to hide!!!

Enjoy your posts, keep your head down brother.

the fact that it is part of some premium deal deeply upsets me, one of the most poorly written articles i have read, he basically blames every other party involved in the situation for the WADA appeal, saying the appeal isn't about new evidence, more about the corruption and there is no way they could trust the AFL tribunal to make the decision

Went along liking most posts, but started to feel it was unecessary.

If you post something celebratory, consider it "liked" by faulty.

Great day for clean athletes everywhere. Now, I just hope they dont find a way to hide the truth from this mob also.

Oh, and stuff the players. I hope they are [censored] themselves right now. You were congratulated by little for keeping tight, and not giving anything away, so I look forward to seeing your names in the 2017 draft, or on some country football league team sheet.

• Like 1

I like your confidence bb. Unfortunately, I have seen far too much pulling of strings and calling in of favours to believe what SHOUD happen DOES happen.

The AFL Tribunal only confirmed my belief. Yes, I know that CAS is a different and an outside jurisdiction. But take another look at my post and the names and roles of each. The scope for subtle influence/favourable interpretation of subjective rules is still there.

If 2 of the 3 on the CAS panel are not from Australia and are not from Athletics, my concern will continue.

I will happily 2nd that re pulling of strings/calling in favours. Those of you getting highly excited at the prospect of "finally a truly independent court of appeal finding is about to wash over the EFC" might want to take a cold shower and think again. Im not saying it will go either way but i'll believe in a different outcome to the AFL's supposed "independent" Tribunal outcome when I see it.

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 2

As far as I understand it, WADA is operating under the CAS' jurisdiction therefore it would be beholden upon CAS to subpeona IF they had the power to should WADA ask. Not sure it's within CAS' s power to subpeona. WADA would no doubt know the answer to this so they obviously will or wont depending. But it's my limited layman's undertanding they (ASADA) wont because CAS cant lol.

Red or someone more learned in these matters would be better at addressing this.

I as well.. Was given to understand there was a path for subpoenaing those concerned. Something along the lines of WADA would make application for a subpoena and CAS would refer it to the Supreme Court for such/or not.

Leagal Beagles ??

Edited by beelzebub

I as well.. Was given to understand there was a path for subpoenaing those concerned. Something along the lines of WADA would make application for a subpoena and CAS would refer it to the Supreme Court for such/or not.

Leagal Beagles ??

I remember reading something similar.

The convicted drug dealer and friend of James Hird is a class act. He says he won't be giving evidence.

Then "This is a little like the field umpire making a decision and then going to the video replay," Charter said.

That sounds like a good idea to me if it gets the correct decision.

What about your innocence Turd?

How long have you been associated with Shane Charters??

Shut your hole. I am tired of your ears on my TV Screen.

you must have one of those big widesceen tvs.

:P

• Like 1

Take a chill pill mate.

The point I was trying to make was the stark contrast in the medias "can't understand why they would appeal" attitude compared to Demonlands "can't understand why they wouldn't appeal" stance.

I certainly wasn't saying one take was right and one was wrong.

In fact, I have been one to say WADA should appeal.

But it's safe to say 90% of Demonlanders have their minds made up on the subject, so hence my throw away line of "Not that it counts for a lot around here".

I'm so glad you are willing to talk to me, being an outsider and all.

I chose to come here naked, not hiding who I am and where my support lies.

I don't troll, and I certainly didn't come here to "rumble".

The EFC and its players have not been found innocent.

And in the court of public opinion they are as guilty as sin itself.

• Like 1

the AFL and the people who run the AFL have a big interest in how well the AFL does (obviously). The CEO's Key Performance Indicators all relate to crowds through the gate, revenue (inc TV revenue and sponsorship etc etc).

The AFL therefore have a HUGE vested interest in keeping the status quo - ie 9 games a week, big crowds through the gate. It is the reason the smaller clubs (dogs, north, us, etc) get shoddy sunday arvo twilight games and the big clubs get friday nights/saturday afternoons.

They would stand to lose a lot of $ both personally and the league if Essendon had received a large ban as a club, or if they had been forced to play top up players all year.

notwithstanding all that, it is pretty clear the AFL knew what essendon were up to. Andy D tipped them off and essendon proceeded to blame him for their mess. they found dank guilty but failed to join the most obvious of dots.

the AFL then gave the club a big fine and suspended their coach for bad governance - both things designed not to impact on crowds or the bottom line.
since then as far as i can tell they have been pretty much in essendon's camp (or at least not looking to punish them in any way).

the AFL tribunal was the AFL appointing people in the full knowledge that if the players were found guilty that their revenue and crowds would be down. im not suggesting the 3 learned gentlemen on the tribunal panel threw the result but i am suggesting that the AFL appointed the people they wanted.

Finally we will have an independent body doing the adjudicating.
and its about time!

• Like 6

Can't see a tv interview being made admissible.

The tv interview was shown at the trial re article on the trialsgoing ons in the age by Jake Niall I believe

• Like 1

They can through the Supreme Court, and have done so in the past.

• Like 3

lol, AFLPA are angry because it will cause more stress to the players:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/aflpa-extremely-disappointed-over-wadas-appeal-of-essendon-verdict-20150512-ggzgmb.html

What if they're guilty AFLPA? Still worried about the stress levels of drug cheats?

Who is putting the AFLPA to the sword? What have they done to protect there member base?? From the outside f all. They have one club in trouble and stories (unfounded at this stage) of many other clubs doing illegal things as well.

• Like 1