Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 6

Demonland

I know a lot of people wont agree, but i actually felt toumpas played quite solidly for his first game back. In the second half when he wasnt playing a defensive role he managed to get a few touches and use it solidly.

Dunn has gone backwards quite a fair bit this season. I think jkh and pederson may be the two outs next week if jetta and viney return

• Like 4

Those giving Spencer stick should calm down...1st game back. ...He will be fine...Let him get the nerves out.

Not sure 'first game back' is relevant - he's not coming back from injury, he's been fit all year and in the seconds for a reason.

I'll agree that he deserves more than one game, no point in just giving him the one, but there was absolutely nothing in his game today to suggest he has improved at all. Same mistakes as every game he's played for the last however many years he's been on our list.

I know a lot of people wont agree, but i actually felt toumpas played quite solidly for his first game back. In the second half when he wasnt playing a defensive role he managed to get a few touches and use it solidly.

Dunn has gone backwards quite a fair bit this season. I think jkh and [Pedersen] may be the two outs next week if jetta and viney return

Agree re: Toumpas. There are much bigger issues and a stack of worse players than Toumpas tonight.

Also agree re: Dunn, although I thought he was OK tonight. He's nowhere near his 2014 form and it hurts us badly as he gave us good drive from the backline last year.

• Like 4

We cant afford to have injuries as our list goes around 22 AFL quality players deep, and the other 20 are either trash or untried.

Another big clean out at seasons end. In 12 months time we will be a proper AFL team.It was never going to happen overnight.

We will still get another 5-6 wins this season.

• Like 1

For you you SWYL.

Not surprisingly, I'm not real worried about the outcome.

vDkNHh0.jpg

• Like 2

It's not athleticism that's the problem, IMO, it's the complete opposite. It's football smarts. Spencer's an athlete (he's really developed his body well) but he has no idea how to play football.

He's just generally useless around the ground. Every time he takes a mark or gets a free he immediately turns around to face the wrong way and looks for a handpass. Hallmark of good ruckmen these days is (amongst other things) that they are capable of getting involved in the play. Spencer is not. That is one crucial reason why he just isn't good enough. He's not a footballer, he's an athlete.

Spencer's about as athletic as Andre. And i wouldn't call him athletic.....

Basically a team of great kpp put together by the afl... How a premiership team can get Tippett & franklin is a joke but I guess that's equalisation to ensure the swans remain a powerhouse...

We played crap.... We just don't have enough talent/size thru the midfield.... we need a Dangerfield type so get the cheque book...

Having Watts as a sub was a waste needed to go to Casey .. As useful as an ashtray on a motorbike!

Toumpas unfair to judge yet but needs a lot of work to make it @ afl level

Won back a little bit of respect but still we were bad.

Salem and Mcdonald were clearly our best on ground. Mcdonald is such a beast and Salem deserves special mention for playing like that after a knock last week.

Also good on Dom Tyson for playing out the last qtr after i nearly had a heart attack after the way he grabbed his knee..

Lumumba tried to take the game on and i like that. Made some errors but i felt along with salem he just tried to move it on quicly.

Stretch started off well but ran out of puff. Didn't have a disposal at all in the 2nd half.

Hogan was great again. Presented all night with 8 marks and 2 goals.

How good was Garlett in the midfield?

Don't know what game some were watching i thought Toumpas was ok. Did plenty of gut run and went in harder then usual. Needs a good stretch of games to continue to gain confidence.

What Toumpas OK?? are you his Dad??

• Like 2

Basically a team of great kpp put together by the afl... How a premiership team can get Tippett & franklin is a joke but I guess that's equalisation to ensure the swans remain a powerhouse...

We played crap.... We just don't have enough talent/size thru the midfield.... we need a Dangerfield type so get the cheque book...

Having Watts as a sub was a waste needed to go to Casey .. As useful as an ashtray on a motorbike!

Actually thought watts offered a bit when he came on.

Looking forward to Jetta and viney coming back. Wondering what we do with Howe now.

• Like 1

Jimmy jimmy jimmy...stop fn Laying back in your kicking...you almost did some half decent things tonight but your kicking must be sponsored by Medicare. Learn to kick low hard and straight for fcuk sake or fcuk off.

Someone show him how ...please

We are still suffering the outcomes of having fostered and still fostering a non competitive excuse making culture, club and supporter base wide. Yeah we kicked a few junk time goals. The overall effort was still embarrassing. Yeah they have bigger bodies and are reigning grand finalists. For most other developing clubs these things seem to be motivating factors to lift intensity and try to knock teams like that off...for us it feels like before the match even starts we've conceded that we are too frail to compete with them so we'll just turn up and hope for the best.

The tone was set with that early off the ground goal to Tippett in the goal square. Happened purely and simply because our 3 players standing around him didn't have the desperation to compete and kill the ball over the line. That sort of insipid effort has been happening and continues to happen at MFC for as long as I can remember. It's unacceptable effort at 17 other clubs but continues to happen at MFC. Cannot recall us ever being gifted goals that softly...we're always made to scrap and scrape for every score...and so we should be in a competitive professional competition.

Nothing really changes at the MFC. Opposition coaches need the smallest whiteboard in the world before playing us. It says: Compete with intent. Physically pressure them. They will fold. Game over.

We cant afford to have injuries as our list goes around 22 AFL quality players deep, and the other 20 are either trash or untried.

Another big clean out at seasons end. In 12 months time we will be a proper AFL team.It was never going to happen overnight.

We will still get another 5-6 wins this season.

Green means Go

Red ....ummm Nope

Wondering what we do with Howe now.

trade him
  • Like 1

Toumpas = the new Watts, he was serviceable tonight, ran his back side off. The person people should be pointing the finger at is Howe, he just dances around and doesn't do a thing, so many poor efforts. We were smashed by a match bigger and hungrier team. Swans vs Freo granny this year.

• Like 12

Still a work in progress.

We still lack a decent Ruckman and a star midfielder to match the best in the Comp.

• Like 1

In amongst a sea of excrement and the blood of 35,000 suicidal fans, one man stands tall. The clouds part, and a single ray of sunshine streams through.

Jesse Hogan.

(Also, honourable mentions to Salem and Brayshaw who were good, Stretch who worked bloody hard for a first gamer and Cross who I thought tried to show the way with his intensity, especially in the second half, and of course the impenetrable Tommy Mac. Everyone else, eat a bag.)

Hogan was lazy in the first half. Possibly carrying an injury. Spencer, Brayshaw, Cross, Dawes, Tommy and Stretch all earned their place. Garlett and Hogan did some good things, but just about everyone else was putrid.

We butchered the ball and our marks in the first 5 minutes and then refused to do anything that was remotely attacking after that point. We tracked them in to the ball and waited to quell them rather than trying to win it ourselves. If it wasn't for T-Mac and Salem we would have been in serious trouble. Our players still don't work hard enough when they dont have the ball. We are basically playing two men down on the spread with with Howe (lack of interest) and Tyson (inability to run).

Its frustrating but we are getting better and will learn a lot from the last 2 weeks. Toumpas and Spencer were far from our worst so I don't understand the focus on them. Maybe more discussion on Howe or is he off limits?

• Like 2

The team was monstered in the first half but Watts was useful and did some good things when he came on, pointless to slag him for effect. Would have liked him to at least wrestle McVeigh who humiliated him. Noticed no Dees came into support.

Toumpas = the new Watts, he was serviceable tonight, ran his back side off. The person people should be pointing the finger at is Howe, he just dances around and doesn't do a thing, so many poor efforts. We were smashed by a match bigger and hungrier team. Swans vs Freo granny this year.

Spot on. Get rid of Howe as far as I'm concerned. Lazy, lazy, lazy. Such a one trick pony.
  • Like 4