POST MATCH DISCUSSION - ROUND 3

Demonland

Hogans tank, brayshaws attack and follow up. And McDonald. Lots of McDonald. All these pluses for the day.

Watts missed marks are not what buried our chances but they hurt momentum....

And Dawes looks a bit aimless...

• Like 2

I blame Watts for today's lost and before anyone says I am bashing him, I have been a staunch supporter of his. His work rate is normally unnoticed but those 2 dropped marks cost us momentum and gave them belief. Closely followed is Garlett who continually fluffs set shots. Tyson improved today but his kicking is deplorable.

I want more game consistency from JKH and Kent.

Really impressed with Brayshaw and Hogan and I am willing to commit to these players with 10 year contracts. They are natural competitors and I am happy for a long term contract. They will never be complacent.

Agree.

Some players seriously need to hang their head in shame. Im looking at you Jack Watts and Chris Dawes!

If these two aren't dropped next week I will start to question Roosy. He decides to drop Toumpas after one game for a fumble in the goal square. Watts shits him self in not one but two contents! he needs to go. I would also consider trading him at the end of the year.

Dawes is just a spud in general. Another Neeld [censored] up.

For all the [censored] he cops I think we are missing Matt Jones speed and run. Like Jack Grimes atleast these two play with heart and desperation instead of those to wollys.

Brayshaw has to start on ground this time!

Time to move on, man....

Team for next week:

B Dunn TMac Jetta

HB H Garland Grimes

C Vince Tyson Brayshaw

HF Salem Dawes Pedersen

FF Garlett Hogan vandenBerg

Foll Jamar Cross Jones

Int: Stretch/Bail/M Jones Michie Kent JKH

Outs: Newton (omit), Howe (omit), Watts (omit), Frost (inj)

Ins: Stretch/Bail/M Jones, Michie, Grimes, Pedersen

Howe, Newton & Watts dropped to find some form, don't care who comes in as long as they play harder than Watts

Grimes & H to the backline, Salem to the forward line (can play a forward defensive tagging role, if the coaches want to keep developing his defensive side, but we need his skills hitting up Hogan lace out inside the 30m arc.

Kent will need to lift or he's next on the chopping block for mine.

Take out the 30 cent cone and put Viney in and we'd have come close to winning that.

I can't have Watts, at all. He embarrasses our club. We're a pretty hard team now and he sticks out like a dogs [censored]!na.

Happy with the effort, play like that and we'll easily account for Richmond, provided we kick straight.

I love Hogan and Brayshaw.

Hate Lumumba's long bombs.

Sookyfield won no friends today, Boonie Vince is a legend.

Edited by Deestroy All
  • Like 6

First 20 minutes of the first quarter was great.Watts' fumbles changed the momentum of the game.I don't like 18 Melbourne players in the defensive 50 with the opposition having 3 or 4 players in the midfield to bomb it back in,its only a matter of time before one sneaks through.Its okay if your 6 goals up but not when your behind.

• Like 1

Umpires absolutely deplorable. Was a great effort for us to not pull up stumps and walk off the field.

What a joke. Good game today, I am proud of this side. Brayshaw is god.

Brayshaw is god or Brayshaw is good?

Either way I agree!! :)

• Like 2

Had a decent crack which was something to take away. Still had periods where we got battered in the midfield but the defence withstood the barrage which kept us in it during those periods of Crows dominance.

Same number of scoring shots is a big tick. The failure to capitalise from simple chances is a big cross, as are the fundamental errors. It was the mistakes under no pressure that cost us, along with the poor goal kicking.

T Mac continuing on with his solid form.

Loved Berie sticking it up em.

Brayshaw to start next week. Hungry for it.

Jeffy had a mare in front of goal but will come good.

Vanders and Newton provided the contribution you'd expect.

Hogan's contested marking is a beautiful thing.

Watts might have tested my last nerve. Just does not want the footy or the contact. I want to like him but insipid displays like today make it hard to do so.

Jamar's tap work continues to confuse.

Tyson being slightly out of sorts in the first few games is hurting. Badly need him to lift a couple of gears and get his hands on it.

Overall a little bit of respect regained and enough momentum to carry into next week.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 1

honourable loss, garlett's misses, Hogans miss, and watts howlers cost a chance to draw close and put some real pressure on the Crows.

Liked the nasty spiteful way we're starting to play, exemplified by the way Bernie "the Hitman"Vince went about deconstructing Dangerfield's game, Tommy Mac owned Tex, and we fought it out.

• Like 2

If these two aren't dropped next week I will start to question Roosy. He decides to drop Toumpas after one game for a fumble in the goal square. Watts shits him self in not one but two contents! he needs to go. I would also consider trading him at the end of the year.

I agree with your thoughts on Dawes and Watts being a good chance at being dropped but to suggest that Roos dropped Toumpas just because of that fumble in the goal square seems silly to me. I doubt either will be dropped for next week though. Is Dawes the worst mark in the AFL? I watch a lot of games and it really seems like it.

• Like 2

Whoever said Dawes competed hard needs to look at what we actually need. A big forward's overwhelmingly main job is to either kick goals or contribute towards goals. That's what he is paid top dollar for. He does not do this enough.

• Like 1

Wasn't able to see the game but the fact we aren't bemoaning a team-wide lack of effort is already a step up from last week.

The other big difference is the scoring shots; last week we were -10 but even this week. Shows the real issue with this side - once the non-negotiable effort is there, it all comes down to our mistakes; the more we make, the more we lose. Missing goals is part of that.

Good to hear the positive words about Brayshaw and Hogan, some genuine hope in those two.

Edit: also, loving McDonald's form so far this year. BOG Round 1, our best Round 2, probably our best Round 3. If he holds Riewoldt next week, that takes us a long way to a winning position.

Edited by titan_uranus

Kudos to Roos for holding his nerve and selecting an unchanged (except forced) side. Showed his belief. Paid off big time today with the teams confidence.

Yes, some players made mistakes. Its still a young side that don't know each others games yet. The good times will come.

• Like 3

We work hard for little reward.

The mistakes seemto happen in attack.

The fumbles make me want to kill.