FAREWELL JEREMY HOWE

What

there's no doubt that his expected worth has been thrown by the last minute offer from gws last year - don't forget, whilst melbourne might've liked it, it was ultimately jeremy's choice to stay with us and not leave.

gws were pretty sneaky making the offer with a half an hour to go in the transfer period, and there's no telling how much it's messed with his head in terms of where his place is within the side and where his value lies on the open market.

personally i still think he's best utilised defensively; he gets absolutely lost deep forward.

there's no doubt that his expected worth has been thrown by the last minute offer from gws last year - don't forget, whilst melbourne might've liked it, it was ultimately jeremy's choice to stay with us and not leave.

gws were pretty sneaky making the offer with a half an hour to go in the transfer period, and there's no telling how much it's messed with his head in terms of where his place is within the side and where his value lies on the open market.

personally i still think he's best utilised defensively; he gets absolutely lost deep forward.

Yeah, I agree.

From the outside looking in, it looks like he is ready to take the offer and go.

The real question is - will the offer still be there this year?

GWS has re-signed just about all of their good talent. Treloar and Coniglio are the only 2 potential stars who have not put pen to paper yet.

If even one of them re-sign, there may not be enough room in the salary cap for Howe.

Has to be dropped, I feel like we'd be losing more if we kept him in the team just to keep his value up. We've let many players use us a walking mat, there needs to be a higher value placed on team spots, and you start treating the whole concept of earning your spot as a farce if free rides are given for trade values sake.

• Like 3

Should have traded Howe years ago. I wanted him traded at the end of 2013. He's probably gone, but he's always been this lazy and one dimensional. It's very convenient to now say he's gone and with it, his workrate.

• Like 1

Have been a Howe supporter for potential he had and for comparison with Lynch.

BUT

Still needs to produce for us or delist him

I dont think we should play him in the senior side if he is not producing and I would play him forward and make him produce his best for us and/or a future salary. If he aint up to it he aint up to it

You don't delist him when he's got inexplicable trade value...
  • Like 1

You don't delist him when he's got inexplicable trade value...

Yeah OK I just meant dont keep him clogging a spot to try and build up his trade value.

You are right it is inexplicable unless some recruiting club can get him to perform and I would prefer that we did that

Perform or out

• Like 1

Howe turned a corner in the Geelong game...Roos said it was his best game since he joined.

What he left unsaid it was Howe's most unselfish, team oriented game ever!

Hence the high praise in is press conf for Howe's no touches in the first half.

Seems like Howe was told: don't even try to mark, let alone take a speccie!

Howe (finally) listened, sacrificed 'his own game' and brought the ball to ground!

Howe may look lazy but it may well be he plays to have fun doing his own thing. ie rather selfish

If he and the rest of the team play unselfish football and we win a few more Howe might want to stay.

Altho if Sir Paul Roos is right the orange people to our north may get to finals faster than us and he may go.

Either way, if Howe continues to help us win games rather than play his own game, I will wish him well.

lol, i should have put in some words.

I was supporting the things you emphasized.

• Like 2

Has to be dropped, I feel like we'd be losing more if we kept him in the team just to keep his value up. We've let many players use us a walking mat, there needs to be a higher value placed on team spots, and you start treating the whole concept of earning your spot as a farce if free rides are given for trade values sake.

believe me, Roosy knows what he's doing.

• Like 2

I am still a Howe supporter but turning downwards by each week

We still have HL, Vanders, Kent, Salem, Frost to come back, only named these few as IMO they are in the best starting 22 for this season.

Howe would be one of the first I would drop to make way for any of these. I'm a supporter too but he is testing my patience, he can do more than he is offering.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1

lol, i should have put in some words.

I was supporting the things you emphasized.

I can usually dee-cipher your cryptic writing dee-luded but the ************************* was open to interpretation :blink:!

LOL! :rolleyes:

Howe is gone.

Geelong was but a cameo game.

Seems like Howie is driving us full speed into a higher draft selection while keeping his compo value up. Neat trick Roosy.

Surely his potential suitors would be watching all of his games very closely and these pathetic efforts that he's putting in are only serving to lower his value. Even if he's got a club lined up, I don't understand why said club would be interested in recruiting a player that doesn't have the integrity to play out the remainder of his contract with some effort and desire rather than just go through the motions. This is the difference in attitude that makes players like Dangerfield, Ablett, Judd, etc superstars of the competition, while players Sylvia, Scully, Moloney and Howe will never be more than B-graders.

Edited by Good Times Grimes

He could be out of form?

For how long and how frequently has he been 'in' form?

He could be out of form?

He probably falls into the 'mentally scarred' category.

Not mentally scarred from the burden of years of accumulated losses, tho.

More from never being accountable for performance and being allowed to get away with cameos.

He has never had to work for his spot!

A difficult addiction to break!

He would be about the only regular 22 player on our list that has shown no real improvement.

Show him the door. For best deal available.

For how long and how frequently has he been 'in' form?

He probably falls into the 'mentally scarred' category.

Not mentally scarred from the burden of years of accumulated losses, tho.

More from never being accountable for performance and being allowed to get away with cameos.

He has never had to work for his spot!

A difficult addiction to break!

He would be about the only regular 22 player on our list that has shown no real improvement.

Show him the door. For best deal available.

His form's been shocking, but I must admit that I may have been seduced into thinking he was a good player?

Perhaps he's just not that good.

Agree, he's never been held accountable.

Seems like Howie is driving us full speed into a higher draft selection while keeping his compo value up. Neat trick Roosy.

Are you referring to FA compo because he's not a FA. Any value Howe has is trade value.

• Like 1