FAREWELL JEREMY HOWE

What

Bugg and Melksham will be best 22 for "nut busting" and Kennedy recruited because he played juniors with Viney at SA. He and his old man are genuine "ball breakers" from way back and therefore well placed to judge these credentials.

The coaching staff are over picking pansies....me too.

Edit: grammar

Edited by Roosy's Bruisers
  • Like 5

Then We can Go on and trade picks 26,29,43,46 (2,091 pts) For pick 8 (1,551 pts) and Bugg.

Beating Essendons offer of picks 23 and 25 (1,571 pts)

Makes sense?

Why are we all so confident that GWS are looking to trade in 2nd round picks for pick 8. Do they have to? I think I may have missed something here.

• Like 1

Two of whom aren't even best 22.

Bugg is definitely in GWS best 22 as their number 1 shut down player. He has played 65 games since the giants started in 2012 which sits him at number 7 of all time games played since then. I would have thought thats enough to suggest that the giants have certainly rated him over the last couple of years.

Only 22 years old but comes in with 65 games experience and will be an automatic best 22 for us.

Will be a good get.

• Like 9

Why are we all so confident that GWS are looking to trade in 2nd round picks for pick 8. Do they have to? I think I may have missed something here.

GWS want points for academy players. Picks have certain academy point value

Bugg is definitely in GWS best 22 as their number 1 shut down player. He has played 65 games since the giants started in 2012 which sits him at number 7 of all time games played since then. I would have thought thats enough to suggest that the giants have certainly rated him over the last couple of years.

Only 22 years old but comes in with 65 games experience and will be an automatic best 22 for us.

Will be a good get.

He's so good he spent 6 weeks this year in the NEAFL from rounds 14-19.

Look at GWS supporters preseason predictions as they named their best 22. Most didn't include Bugg.

I agree that he's close to best 22 and his 16 games this year is testament to that, but forgive me for not being excited by a fringe GSW tagger.

Jetta Dunn Frost

Melksham McDonald *Salem

Vince Viney vandenBerg

Petracca Hogan Brayshaw

Garlett Pedersen Harmes

Gawn Tyson Jones

Trengove Lumumba Kent Stretch

I've left out Garland, Grimes, Newton, Watts, ANB, White, JKH, Dawes and yes, Bugg.

Now I know that Bugg isn't competing with many I've left out, I'm just providing a sample size of who's missing.

You may doubt Trengove, as many here do, but if he's over his foot and regenerates his movement over the ground I'm bullish about his prospects.

You may have Bugg over Stretch. Fair enough. Or Lumumba, who I don't rate, but Roos will play Lumumba in his best 22.

I'm not saying Bugg wouldn't get games, clearly he will, but I'm far from excited about the prospects of Bugg and Kennedy joining the club. They're scrubbers who won't take us up the ladder.

I'll leave the excitement to others.

*I was tempted to move Salem to a wing, but I'd like to see him play one more year off half-back, while White continues to develop.

• Like 1

Will be a good get.

What's the word on Bugg 'dazzle', supposed to be a bit of a loose cannon on and off the field from what I hear.

What's the word on Bugg 'dazzle', supposed to be a bit of a loose cannon on and off the field from what I hear.

Is renowned as GWS biggest on field pest. Very lippy fella and doesn't mind a scrag. That said i am not sure what he is like off field. Lived with Steve Congilio after Tyson left sooo wouldnt mind those two getting into his year next year!

Is renowned as GWS biggest on field pest. Very lippy fella and doesn't mind a scrag. That said i am not sure what he is like off field. Lived with Steve Congilio after Tyson left sooo wouldnt mind those two getting into his year next year!

Devon Smith has to be number 1, in a contest with Toby Greene, Heath Shaw and Rhys Palmer for number 2 spot in the pest ratings!

Will be a good get.

I think he'd be fringe 22 for them next year. I think they'll look to settle Griffen on a back flank, will want the pure pace and skill of Wilson or Williams (I can't tell them apart) on the other flank, will want 2 talls (Davis and Corr/Marchbank/Mohr) and 2 mediums (Patfull, Buntine and Haynes) plus Heath Shaw.

If you can get lock down ability from Heath Shaw or Patfull then you don't need someone like Bugg.

It's ambitious planning but you don't win flags carrying too many negative players. Coming from a Hawthorn background and with a list with so many good skilled players I think Leon Cameron and GWS will know that.

They have a tight salary cap as well so if they can free space by replacing Bugg now rather than locking him in at average money that's a decision they might have to make.

He'd start the year in our best 22, but it depends a bit on the development of Mitch White, Lumumba bouncing back, the move of Melksham to half back, the progress of ANB, Stretch and Petracca in to midfield depth as to whether he'd stay there.

A good pick up if we don't give up too much.

Two of whom aren't even best 22.

How do you know? Maybe all three are.

That's why they are paid the big bucks. Reality is those three guys have been in the system long enough for us to know what role we want them to play and whether they are best 22 by start of 2016 season.

Little point in recruiting them if they aren't.

If we are able to bring in pick 8 somehow through trades, we could use picks 6 & 8 in the draft on Curnow and Weideman respectively.

Also including trading in players such as Melksham, Bugg and Kennedy would see it as a decent trade period for us (8 & Bugg for the most part).

How do you know? Maybe all three are.

That's why they are paid the big bucks. Reality is those three guys have been in the system long enough for us to know what role we want them to play and whether they are best 22 by start of 2016 season.

Little point in recruiting them if they aren't.

It's called having an opinion. Bugg has played senior footy for 4 years. I've seen plenty of him. He's just another ordinary footballer.

One gets the distinct feeling they think they have to do something, this is something, therefore let's do this.

I agree with your last sentence.

Post your best 22 and assume we have Kennedy and Bugg on the list.

Edited by ProDee

It's called having an opinion. Bugg has played senior footy for 4 years. I've seen a plenty of him. He's just another ordinary footballer.

One gets the distinct feeling they think they have to do something, this is something, therefore let's do this.

I agree with your last sentence.

Post your best 22 and assume we have Kennedy and Bugg on the list.

Why do you think we are recruiting them then?

It's unlikely our best 22 will be on the park at the same time. With our history of about 4-5 plus injured at any one time, there is certainly the need for increased competition within the list. If Howe and Toump leave and we bring in some hard competitors with what the coaches believe is greater up side, then it's a plus. Combined with the delistings, our list is improved overall. It would be good to land a big fish such as Prestia or Treloar, or improve our draft position to gain another pick inside 10, but trade period is only half over.

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1

Why do you think we are recruiting them then?

Bugg is a strong bodied competitor and Kennedy was a star junior with decent pace and a strong left foot. Bugg may free up Viney so he can transition from a lockdown role to a more attacking inside cog. We need to improve our outside finishing, so Kennedy fills a role there, except he's never built an engine.

It's not hard to see why they'd target these types of players, I just doubt they're good enough to be permanent best 22.

Why did they target Mitchie, Riley and Newton ? We were trying to improve our midfield. None are best 22, but it's obvious why we did it.

Post your best 22 with Bugg and Kennedy in the team.

Bugg is a strong bodied competitor and Kennedy was a star junior with decent pace and a strong left foot. Bugg may free up Viney so he can transition from a lockdown role to a more attacking inside cog. We need to improve our outside finishing, so Kennedy fills a role there, except he's never built an engine.

It's not hard to see why they'd target these types of players, I just doubt they're good enough to be permanent best 22.

Why did they target Mitchie, Riley and Newton ? We were trying to improve our midfield. None are best 22, but it's obvious why we did it.

Post your best 22 with Bugg and Kennedy in the team.

And if that's the case... then he's best 22.

It's unlikely our best 22 will be on the park at the same time. With our history of about 4-5 plus injured at any one time, there is certainly the need for increased competition within the list.

Therefore we should be posting our best 26-30.

After their long injury layoffs, Trengove, Petracca and Frost are no way best 22 at the moment. Purely paper rating ATM. Need to show how well they have recovered. Bugg and Melksham are auto lock in until those guys can get on the park and perform.

• Like 2

Therefore we should be posting our best 26-30.

Correct, and its probably how we should look at it. Rarely do clubs have the luxury of putting their nominal 'best 22' on the park, nor is this etched in stone. Form and Injury mean that depth is required and obviously the FD have decided that it needs more competitors to put pressure on those in the 22 to hold their spots. The club has expressed interest in both Bugg and Kennedy, but hasn't rushed to give up the farm to get them. I'd consider that both the price we pay and the contracts offered to them would be a fair indication of the club's expectations of where they sit in the playing order. I'd consider them in the mix for the 22 along with Harmes, Stretch, ANB, White, etc.

Are they better options than those that have been delisted and those that they will replace? I guess the club thinks so.

• Like 1

After their long injury layoffs, Trengove, Petracca and Frost are no way best 22 at the moment. Purely paper rating ATM. Need to show how well they have recovered. Bugg and Melksham are auto lock in until those guys can get on the park and perform.

Yes, they'll only have all/most of preseason, intraclub games, simulated sessions, and NAB challenges to prove their worth in 6 months time.

It might have escaped you, but Hogan missed all of last year with stress fractures in his back, but was ready by round 1.

• Like 1

And if that's the case... then he's best 22.

It's just my summation.

There's no doubt these guys will get games, but I'm hardly excited by a couple of C-graders joining the fringes. Naturally, others can please themselves.

• Like 1

Most have bagged Howe all year, Toumpas can't go a yard and we're playing hard ball?

Ffs, I'd take a packet of pork rinds for both of them!

Lucky for us you aren't doing the negotiations then Jumbo. And lucky the overly tough minded posters aren't either.

• Like 1