• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Mitch at the Cats

Still Waiting

I still follow the guy on Twitter, his pro-Geelong tweets are so phony. Did the exact same thing when he came to us. He sucked me in then, he's not going to suck me in now.

Anyway, Lumumba is ours now, more than fair compensation. We can move forward from the whole debacle. But I still hope his career at Geelong is a failure.

I had to unfollow him. I was getting very close to become a keyboard warrior and letting him have it, but he's not worth lowering my colours, so i deleted him.

• Like 1

Wonder where he'll head after Geelong finally fall in a heap, once their premiership players finally drop off the perch.

a rehab clinic

• Like 2

His tweets about getting behind the cats and the fans down there in Geelong,actually make me feel sick.....no time for this bloke.

I am not one of those people who like seeing opposition players injured, no matter how much I may despise them. I had too many footy injuries of my own to want anyone else to suffer in a similar way. The only exception was seeing Whelan flatten Hird which I enjoyed immensely!

So when it comes to Mitch Clark, I don't want to see him in physical pain or declining in mental health - I just hope the Geelong venture is an absolute failure. There is a part of me that wants Frost or Dunn to run straight through him but deep down I don't really want that to happen. I'm just disgusted with the way he left our club. I didn't like it when so many MFC players left over the past decade (Rivers, Moloney, McLean Scully etc...) and the Scully one was horrible, but I have never felt so burned by a player as when Mitch Clark left.

The bloke is a gun when on song. But I am truly looking forward to the first journalist to write "Clark dropped to reserves until he finds form".

• Like 1

It seems Mitch Clark has questionable integrity. To me, he epitomises many of the negative aspects of Gen Y - strikes me as quite a self absorbed guy: the constant tweeting, his assembly of 'look at me' stickers, his naive artistic calling, his poor treatment of this club.

That said - he is simply an unbelievable footballer. The start to 2012 was the only thing I looked forward to each game. I loved seeing him in the red and blue and will always remember some of his performances for us.

I find it sad that it turned out this way. It needn't have.

Very happy we got Lumumba though.

Edited by Ron Burgundy
  • Like 3

No time for the guy.

I hope we don't have to read much more on him here this year.

There will the infrequent thread pop up every now and then just like it did with Scully as we vented and purged as was necessary.

I know it's not healthy, but I would have MC in my top 5 of the most punchable heads in footy right now.

• Like 4

The bloke really pisses me off. Having to hear him pedalling the I am Geelong line and see him pumping up the cats on social media is such a slap in the face to Melbourne supporters.

Different if he had of gone quietly and been humble but he is carrying on like an excited first year player and blowing smoke up the arse of the Geelong Footy Club, just as it did when he first came to the MFC!

The bloke is a fraud. He has severe personality disorder. Rumoured to have nailed a past MFC players girlfriend while engaged too. Love to know more to that story. The very fact he hides behind the veil of depression makes me sick. I saw photos of him smashing booze with the MFC players supposedly during the height of his depression. He lied to Brisbane and then did the same to us.

No well wishes from me.

I admire people giving it to him on social media. The weak dog never answers any questions. Just replies with "like you'd know" "coz you understand my situation" blah blah. Just a big load of B.S.

Edited by Leoncelli_36
  • Like 9

The bloke really pisses me off. Having to hear him pedalling the I am Geelong line and see him pumping up the cats on social media is such a slap in the face to Melbourne supporters.

Different if he had of gone quietly and been humble but he is carrying on like an excited first year player and blowing smoke up the arse of the Geelong Footy Club, just as it did when he first came to the MFC!

Further reiterates that he really is just an attention seeking grub. Anyone with half a brain under that much pressure would just put their head down and get on with it without drawing attention to themselves. After all, wasn't the whole point of moving to Geelong to "get away from it all" so he could focus on recovery in peace?

He's drawing attention to himself to gain sympathy (a common trait with depression) with zero care for the feelings of the MFC supporters he so brazenly [censored] over.

Edited by Lamashtu

I just view all the players as people who are passing through the club - they either do well or they don't. The club is what is important ... to me, it's all about the team.

The club is always bigger than any individual ... it pays not to get too attached to any individual person who is or has been associated with the club (unless they are great for the club for a good length of time)

People like Warne-Smith, Norm Smith, Stynes, Barassi and Flower et al created their own special category - most others can only aspire to the greatness of people like that.

Clark fell way short - I moved on the minute he left.

• Like 2

I just view all the players as people who are passing through the club - they either do well or they don't. The club is what is important ... to me, it's all about the team.

The club is always bigger than any individual ... it pays not to get too attached to any individual person who is or has been associated with the club (unless they are great for the club for a good length of time)

People like Warne-Smith, Norm Smith, Stynes, Barassi and Flower et al created their own special category - most others can only aspire to the greatness of people like that.

Clark fell way short - I moved on the minute he left.

'Macca', I have no problem with Clark moving on but I do have a big problem with him using the depression card. He did so many people a disservice with that one.

• Like 2

'Macca', I have no problem with Clark moving on but I do have a big problem with him using the depression card. He did so many people a disservice with that one.

I didn't take a lot of notice of that stuff from Clark - It's not that I don't care about issues like that but I tend to view sport in a different way. We've all got our own issues to deal with - Clark is no different.

There's not much we can do with regards to a players personal issues and besides all that, how much do we really know about that side of things?

I'd rather just judge him on his football - he was never that good in all reality. A half decent player in a really poor team. Being one of the better players of a very bad bunch (for a very short space of time) never impressed me. He might do well at the Cats but that's up to him.

He didn't want to play for us and in the end, that's all that matters. We've now got players who do want to play for us and that's where my care factor lies. Jones re-signing & Lumumba wanting to come to us are 2 such examples of that.

• Like 1

Isn't it obvious?

Questionable character and fragile psyche.

An unreliable key pillar is not the foundation to build a side upon.

But the cats are bullish about his ability to perform for them.

As were we, once.

Fair call.

I believe the only time Roosy referred to him as 'arguably the clubs best player', was when we were right in the middle of the draft assistance request. When that was a lost cause I think Mitch got the mail.

• Like 1

I just want the truth to come out soon.

Something just didn't add up. I get the feeling the club was more then happy for Clark to leave.

I believe your comments to be true, a lot more to this than meets the eye, the club couldn't off load the bludger quick enough.

Edited by bluey

I just want the truth to come out soon.

Something just didn't add up. I get the feeling the club was more then happy for Clark to leave.

I disagree. I reckon the club were just as filthy on him as we were, but had to play a straight bat in public. Roos did refer to him as our best player at some stage last year. I seriously doubt he was happy to lose him.

Edited by Sylvia Saint
  • Like 2

I disagree. I reckon the club were just as filthy on him as we were, but had to play a straight bat in public. Roos did refer to him as our best player at some stage last year. I seriously doubt he was happy to lose him.

Roos said the same thing about Frawley, wish him to stay, then tried to window dress him for a bargain sale as a multi positional possibility, and won a round one pick.

• Like 1