Zac Jones

Redleg

True, and they are lucky enough to have the depth to take that option. I'd love to see our kids play the majority of their games in the twos but it just can't happen.

I'd be all for recruiting Jones IF he brought something we need to the table - can he find the footy, have good skills etc. If not then I think we need to look elsewhere.

Agreed.

Sydney wouldn't have the need to play Stretch in his first year, maybe not for two years, he'd be developing nicely in the 2's. At Sydney, Gus Brayshaw probably wouldn't get a game until later in his first year. That Vanders was under their nose and they didn't take him speaks volumes for the quality of their depth. Mitchell is only now about to become a regular, he'd arguably be in our top 3 mids. Helps if you have an extra $mill in your cap, but that's not the only reason.

Would love two of Sheil, Treloar and Prestia at the Dees. Can't see it happening, but Roos has shown he can do some great recruiting.

• Like 2

He is gettable.

he's victorian, out of contract, his brother captains our club, not getting a game at swans vs almost certain senior games with us

putting aside who the kid is, he's talented, hard, got some speed, good used of the ball, can play as a mid but more than capable as a defender, loves a tackle and really fits the type of player Roos loves

probably going to cost us an early second round pick

He is gettable.

he's victorian, out of contract, his brother captains our club, not getting a game at swans vs almost certain senior games with us

putting aside who the kid is, he's talented, hard, got some speed, good used of the ball, can play as a mid but more than capable as a defender, loves a tackle and really fits the type of player Roos loves

All true except I'm not sure our early second round pick will be quite good enough for him.

A lot may depend on how he goes when he comes into their senior side - if he goes well, then we will need a big sweetener.

If he goes the whole season in the NEAFL, then I suspect it will be deal done.

Then Roosy can turn his attention to getting Shiels with our first round pick and a sweetener. That won't be easy as it looks likely he'll poll mega well in the Brownlow and every other award going around.

He is gettable.

Going by that summation it would take 2 first round picks to get him. Let's not get carried away.

Just to stir up trouble I'll suggest a straight swap Watts for Jones.

We need cake, they want icing. Some of their cake for some of our icing.

Everyone happy.

Not the worst suggestion ever.

Jones is a blue-collar player (Roosy's type), whereas Jack is about as white-collar as they get (though i think that's because he doesn't want to get his clothes dirty).

Everyone happy.

Then we'll barely have any icing. We've already got so little, to lose more would make for a pretty bland cake. :P
  • Like 2

Old post of mine, but just some info about him for those interesting. As I said below, I think he'd be a good get and would be happy to trade any pick outside the top 10 for him. Getting a kid with 2 years developing at Sydney in a completive and successful environment is better than a fresh 18 year old. Get it done Dees.

Footage from his first game below. He came on as sub and had 9 touches and 6 tackles in under 2 quarters. He's only played a handful of games, but he's shown signs of being a good player already. He's really competitive, like Nathan, applies good defensive pressure, has good run and good skills by both hand and foot. He'll play as a half back flanker putting pressure on and rebounding. Also has scope to become a midfielder, as he showed late before being drafted. He's a talent, similar to Nathan at the same age, but less in the centre square and more run from behind. Same competitiveness, better skills and awareness than Nathan at the same age, and is quicker. I'd be happy to give up any pick out top 10 for him as I think he'll be a player and is flexible to play both defense and midfield. Would be a good get.

Everyone happy.

No. Could not bear watts in a good team, he will be a star.

Disappointing we won't be able to get him across in the near future. he's the exact kind of player we need. Young, hard, quick player who will play midfield and is currently developing at a successful club. Would've been a good get. Oh well, he'll do well at the Swans.

• 1 month later...

Seems a bit bizzare for a player to be re-signed only to be traded a few months later. Even though he's not playing at the moment, I would think he's a part of the Swans plans going forward next year and beyond.

Can still be traded if both parties agree.

Do we want him because we think he will be a gun or because he is the brother of our captain.

I believe we have the grunt and loads of B graders but we need a star - a line breaker/play maker (Dangerfield/Selwood etc).

Also need a Key position forward to go with Hogan (a forward/ruck would be nice - King? maybe)

• Like 1

Seems a bit bizzare for a player to be re-signed only to be traded a few months later. Even though he's not playing at the moment, I would think he's a part of the Swans plans going forward next year and beyond.

With the AFL actively creating policy on the run, the goalposts are shifting and the swans will benefit from moving some pieces.

Question is, what of ours would they want? That we'd be willing to give up?

And they won't picks.