• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Trengove re-injures his navicular (2014) - trade deal off

Wiseblood

At the start of trade week......MFC stated that all players COULD be up for trade.....Including picks 2 and 3

Enquiries have been made by Richmond for one of those players......and is being considered by MFC and said player

I don't believe that there is such a thing as a mega deal behind the scenes.......If this deal does not benefit the club....it will not happen

I also believe in loyalty for without it we end up is the mess that the AFL is in these days......

I have been a member since I can remember...My mum even paid for a junior membership for me when I was still at school but when my favourite players are traded or retired a little bit of the support for the club dies....Woey, the Wiz, Jnr, I believe were stupid moves which I believe cost membership and support for the club.

Am I old fashioned???........You bet but I don't support a business....I support a CLUB

P.S. While I'm at it.......These posters that put up all these absolute idiotic trade senarios ....You have to get a life...

P.P.S.........Every one is calling Griffen lots of names for being a captain and walking out of the Doggies......Yet want to trade out our ex Captain and most loyal player......I don't get it.

Edited by Bossdog
  • Like 3

I haven't the stamina nor the inclination to read this whole thread. How the hell did the prospect of getting Beams come about? He wants to move to Queensland to be close to his father.

I don't get it

A rather well constructed rumour post somewhere in the first 5 pages.

I seriously doubt it's legitimacy, but it still livens things up a bit.

• Like 2

Am I old fashioned???........You bet but I don't support a business....I support a CLUB

And clubs that aren't run like businesses end up with low memberships, low attendances, in debt and unable to pay the full salary cap which then makes the club you support an unsuccessful club.

That being said, at least its a loyal club. Just might not exist in the future.

• Like 3

I've read most of this thread but not all so apologies if this has been said.

If I was Trengove's manager I'd tell him to jump at the Richmond offer. Unlike others I'm in the boat that says Trengove is an average footballer never likely to be and A grader. He's a marking small IMO and will struggle to find a role in a team. I've always thought this but was convinced when I sat in the Southern Stand and watched Brock out pace him to a loose ball.

Trengove's initial reaction would always have been to stayed at MFC, he's that sort of bloke, but I think it's in his best interest to leave. If he has an uninterrupted season in 2015 and fails to improve much he's shot in terms of future value. His "blue sky" will have evaporated and his future will be mediocre at best. Those hanging on to the "now he's fit" theory should keep in mind his underwhelming 2012 and 2013.

If he goes to the Tigers he'll get at least a 3 year contract on good coin - they obviously rate him. He'll leave behind toxic memories of mismanagement he endured at MFC and he'll leave behind all the expectations placed on him by us. He'll go to a club that has played finals for two years, he'll be surrounded by much better players and he'll have a longer, better contract.

I have upmost respect for Jack but reality is he's been a bitter disappointment a far as output goes. I hope wherever he ends up he succeeds. But I think it's in his interest to go and in our interest to trade him regardless of whether the trade in part of a "bigger picture".

A balanced, logical, unemotive post. BB there's no place for this here.

• Like 3

Humorous to read the hypocrisy

We'd happily take a Sloane,a Shiel, a Dangerfield...a Beams

we happily entertain the notion of snaring another clubs player, who undoubtedly will be at the 'heart' of his club and that doesnt matter.

But to give up someone in return ???

A player struggling to get on the park and no guarantee of anything going forward might possibly be offered a lifeline......a handsome one I suspect.

The reality bus has arrived

I do wish Jack luck where ever he plays. He's a very decent bloke. He'd be amongst the first to understand its always about the list.

• Like 4

And clubs that aren't run like businesses end up with low memberships, low attendances, in debt and unable to pay the full salary cap which then makes the club you support an unsuccessful club.

That being said, at least its a loyal club. Just might not exist in the future.

Yeah......Just like now........I know the business side of it is one thing........We have people who look after that, it's not my thing........I love to see the players that have started as young blokes develop and become great players through thick and thin........Trade week(or fortnight) FA, I just hate it but cannot stay away........My membership support is wanning.......

If I was Trengove's manager I'd tell him to jump at the Richmond offer. Unlike others I'm in the boat that says Trengove is an average footballer never likely to be and A grader. He's a marking small IMO and will struggle to find a role in a team. I've always thought this but was convinced when I sat in the Southern Stand and watched Brock out pace him to a loose ball.

Trengove's initial reaction would always have been to stayed at MFC, he's that sort of bloke, but I think it's in his best interest to leave. If he has an uninterrupted season in 2015 and fails to improve much he's shot in terms of future value. His "blue sky" will have evaporated and his future will be mediocre at best. Those hanging on to the "now he's fit" theory should keep in mind his underwhelming 2012 and 2013.

If he goes to the Tigers he'll get at least a 3 year contract on good coin - they obviously rate him. He'll leave behind toxic memories of mismanagement he endured at MFC and he'll leave behind all the expectations placed on him by us. He'll go to a club that has played finals for two years, he'll be surrounded by much better players and he'll have a longer, better contract.

I have upmost respect for Jack but reality is he's been a bitter disappointment a far as output goes. I hope wherever he ends up he succeeds. But I think it's in his interest to go and in our interest to trade him regardless of whether the trade in part of a "bigger picture".

I agree, and I agree that it would be the best thing for Jack too. I am uncomfortable with the idea of trading a player who has been genuinely loyal, but it is definitely the right thing to do from an unemotional perspective. I just wish it wasn't.

• Like 8

this feels like when we decided to trade woey. I was shattered and that 1st qb game when he was running around in a pies jumper was horrible. But slowly we all moved on. but when i saw the headline in the paper today i didnt like it.

But the club seem to have a clear plan so I trust them. But if trenners does go then surely this serves as a warning to the team.

Roos and PJ promised us that they needed to change the culture of this club....Well this is what it looks like!!!....Get used to it if you want success, or perhaps more years

of mediocrity suits??

The fact that the club has publicised the "possible" trade is all part of a well thought out campaign to get members used to the situation, before it happens. Same tactic

as was used to "ensure" a pick 3 for Frawley. Let the rabble run out of steam and when decision time comes it is a foregone conclusion.

For those that place value on where a player was originally picked up in the draft, not on his current value then perhaps you would consider drafting Col Sylvia back!

The reality is best seen over at "The Punt Road End", the Richmond fan-site. They are NOT too enamoured by the deal proposed because they think Richmond are paying

overs.

The real value of the player is somewhere between what people HERE think and what the Toigyes supporters think....yes it's probably Trengove + 23 for pick 12....exactly what has been

proposed!

Like Baghdad Bob, if I were Trenners manager I would be advising him to take up the deal. Probably 3 years and on good money. If the foot doesn't come good at Richmond in 2015 then he still gets paid for 3 years.

If the foot doesn't come good at Melbourne, then he probably won't have a job come years end.

• Like 12

Stop talking sense, it is often not accepted on here.

I like Jack and also would be very sad if he goes, but I can't disagree with anything you have said if viewed dispassionately.

We all thought our club was crap. We brought in Roos and PJ to fix it. We all trust them. They are charged with making our list a finals list. Many on here are happy for the words but not the actions if a favourite player is involved.

It is simple really, let them do the job or sack them and get someone who will keep our favourite players.

I look at it this way. Roos must have a fair idea of what Trenners is capable of and his fitness status. How do we know he didn't say to JT this is your last year with us for whatever reason, but I can get you a longer contract for more money and at a finals side, where you can play without the number 2 pick baggage and JT said fine.

I have endured 50 years of waiting without a flag and don't have another 50 left, so I have faith in Roos to get the job done.

I can see some more blokes going as well by the way.

If we get to the finals and become a good club again, that will be the result of many hard decisions, upsetting some or many along the way.

Finally I am not thrilled with JT and 23 for 12 but maybe a sweetener can be added.

Buckle up, next week could be a bumpy ride.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 7

. If the foot doesn't come good at Richmond in 2015 then he still gets paid for 3 years.

If the foot doesn't come good at Melbourne, then he probably won't have a job come years end.

This.

With all the harping that goes on, on here, about the MFC being RUTHLESS in its pursual of success, I thought the concept of this trade would be a little better received. You can't scream for a revolution and then pause at the first hurdle. Trenners has been a loyal servant and I love him as a person and a player. But in many ways he personifies the 'scarred' Melbourne that we need to rid ourselves of.

I would admit that, potentially, Trenners could come back and show some form. I agree, but potential is something we have traded in for a long time. He may we be faster when he returns, but lets be honest, he will never be fast. In todays game that is a liability.

The comparisons between Trengove and JMac are warped and unhelpful. It is time to think with our head, not our hearts. Here is our chance to shed our skin and be RUTHLESS. It is blatantly obvious that this is part of a bigger deal which could be a game changer and this is what we need. No individual is bigger than the club.

Trade.

• Like 2

I'm not sure about that given the reports so far suggest Richmond has approached Melbourne with the trade.

Richmond initiate something . Melbourne's brains trust then see what that would provide towards ideas of deals currently evolving.

You need to light the match to cook the roast

We need to remember it's not just JT for 12. We have to throw in 23 as well.

No we dont have to only proposed at this stage Pick 12 for JT is good value

The reality bus has arrived

I do wish Jack luck where ever he plays. He's a very decent bloke. He'd be amongst the first to understand its always about the list.

I understand what you're saying, beelzebub, and I guess you're right. Nevertheless, this one leaves me feeling a little hollowed out.

• Like 1

I just posted the guys who might have trade value, who I think we'd be open to trading. There's no way we'd trade Dunn, Salem or Tyson though.

And I'd forgotten Grimes was a first rounder. Oh, and I'd blocked out the fact that Blease, Tapscott and Strauss were too. :P

We'd be open to trading Jones in your opinion then? Hahahahahaha Oh, but not Dunn, Salem or Tyson......... So they have no currency in your opinion or they are more untouchable then Jones? Lol

I understand what you're saying, beelzebub, and I guess you're right. Nevertheless, this one leaves me feeling a little hollowed out.

Didnt see it coming tttt. Though I agree all on table I thought others ahead of him in this queue.

Nothing done as yet of course but it just turned up the oven a bit.

Phones will melt over the weekend with clubs revising their 'what ifs"

Trees are rattling !!

As long as the draft pick is used for a good mature player, I'm happy. Otherwise, I think we should keep him - hasn't had a great shot at it.

Edited by WAClark
  • Like 1

The heart says a definite no, the head says you may be right assuming of course that the foot wasn't the cause of his ordianry '12/13 seasons.

Reasonable post without emotion.

Regarding 2012-13, we really don't know how long the injury has affected him, nor the other factors at play.

My only question is if Trengove were to come back renewed after foot surgery, a big if perhaps, how would you honestly feel watching him running around in another team's colours?

This isn't like Petterd, or Martin. This kid is loved. He's been a big part of what we as a club have gone through.

Then add to that the prospect of giving up 3 and 12 for Beams who decides to leave in a couple of years, or us using Pick 12 on an unknown who turns into a dud.

I get the part about being ruthless and taking chances. But geeze, there is a LOT at stake here.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 2