• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Goodwin's Law?

Striker475

There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for Goodwin....

I think because of the "unknown factor". The bar has been raised so high with Roos I think everyone has hopes of another coup - like Clarkson / Thompson etc.

Can only hope he's the next Clarkson - christ knows we're going to need it.

Elaborate please..

Purple on the Footy show said Some Gold Coast board members are unhappy with the teams performance especially the fade out when Ablett was injured. McKenna was up for a performance review and difficult questions would be asked.

Seems like there is a mood for change.

That's about it.

• Like 1

Players are apparently pretty unimpressed with their development, outside of the physical.

To be fair, I think it's a big task with so many kids & building a club from scratch.

Early picks, most of them, so probably we're used to juniors where a lot of time was put into them one-on-one as the best kid in their club or district.

Or, it could be some within the club making noises and agitating for change because they simply don't think McKenna is the man to take them forward.

As for Goodwin, I think the "successor" thing has dragged out so long, and Ling leaving the running after being so close, have made it an anticlimax.

With us all being emotionally drained from the Mitch Clark saga, I think the lax reaction is understandable.

• Like 3

A few observations on coaching from great NRL coach Wayne Bennett; always loved reading his articles on league, life and coaching.

"Coaches don't win, players win, and a coach is not as smart as people say when their team wins nor as stupid as they say when they lose."

"That's a key part, standing by decisions, being confidentlb_icon1.png that you're going to make enough good ones. Having a plan, and changing it rarely. Poor coaches change it often."

"The most difficult thing with coaching is that you have to rely on other people to make your career a success. So, crucially, you have to know people and be with those who want success for themselves and want to help you along the way. Winnerslb_icon1.png. One hundred per cent people.

And if you can't recognise those attributes in people, then your time as coach is ticking away, faster and faster. Tick, tick, tick..."

"There are two types: the coach that builds and the one out there looking for a quick fix. The quick-fix coach comes in, upsets everyone and everything, gets some results, but within two or three years his organisation is in tatters."

• Like 4

Purple on the Footy show said Some Gold Coast board members are unhappy with the teams performance especially the fade out when Ablett was injured. McKenna was up for a performance review and difficult questions would be asked.

Seems like there is a mood for change.

That's about it.

He made a comment a while ago I think on the suns season review about how he felt McKenna hadn't done enough, and then a couple of weeks later he is reporting that a couple of board members are unhappy, what board members of a professional organisation would go to a news breaker like Barrett with something like that?

I swear most of his "news" is just his own opinion/assumptions

• Like 2

He made a comment a while ago I think on the suns season review about how he felt McKenna hadn't done enough, and then a couple of weeks later he is reporting that a couple of board members are unhappy, what board members of a professional organisation would go to a news breaker like Barrett with something like that?

I swear most of his "news" is just his own opinion/assumptions

Unfortunately there are board members who will.

These are the "liniment sniffers", they like to feel important and will express views outside their level of expertise. Often their opinions are ill founded and or carry no weight at the club. That's why I would never take a comment from a source at board level as being gospel.

These type of board members are very dangerous to have in a club.

• Like 1

Unfortunately there are board members who will.

These are the "liniment sniffers", they like to feel important and will express views outside their level of expertise. Often their opinions are ill founded and or carry no weight at the club. That's why I would never take a comment from a source at board level as being gospel.

These type of board members are very dangerous to have in a club.

Sounds like the suns need to have a serious look at who is on their board then, can't afford to take any chances given they are a new side and trying to build something with an amazing level of talent

Sounds like the suns need to have a serious look at who is on their board then, can't afford to take any chances given they are a new side and trying to build something with an amazing level of talent

I still think our board could do with a bit of weeding, I really don't care what they do.

I'd hope PJ would have a good handle on everything, I believe the AFL had a big say in how our board looks now so that's somewhat comforting

I think our board have been lame ducks for a while now, there are still some from the past that need to move on and I will never be comfortable whilst they are still there.

What happened to the possibility of Kirk coming over? Roosy was obviously massive raps for him as a player and coach - it'd make sense wouldn't it, a bloke that has played to Roosy's structure and "so easy to coach" to then come in and pick it up again to follow it through when Roosy steps away?

What happened to the possibility of Kirk coming over? Roosy was obviously massive raps for him as a player and coach - it'd make sense wouldn't it, a bloke that has played to Roosy's structure and "so easy to coach" to then come in and pick it up again to follow it through when Roosy steps away?

Contract ends with Fremantle at the end of next year, clubs generally won't release a coach if the new job is not seen as a direct promotion while they're under contract.

big chance he will be on his way over next year imo

Contract ends with Fremantle at the end of next year, clubs generally won't release a coach if the new job is not seen as a direct promotion while they're under contract.

big chance he will be on his way over next year imo

I thought that I read somewhere (a month or so back) that Kirk had ruled himself out of the role with Roos and was happy to sign on again with Fremantle.

Edit: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-21/ling-has-his-doubts it's about half way down this article, it's pretty vague as a reference though.

Edited by Ouch!

Looking pretty likely now.

If he's ok by Roos he's ok by me I guess.

Hasnt passed the Tammi test as yet.

Will need to sit yoga style and sing kumbayaa for 10 minutes and then hes in.

Simon Goodwin has presented to the Melbourne football club board, no news on how it went but our board is making the decision on if he will be our New coach

And now all of a sudden I feel a good idea sounds bad. As soon as you mentioned MFC Board that is.

Present to Jackson, Roos, Mahoney and the director of football (whomever that may be). The board can ask some standard HR questions once the executive have found the man.

• Like 1

And now all of a sudden I feel a good idea sounds bad. As soon as you mentioned MFC Board that is.

Present to Jackson, Roos, Mahoney and the director of football (whomever that may be). The board can ask some standard HR questions once the executive have found the man.

If he's presented to the board then it is only to tick off on a decision already made by Roos. You wouldn't leave a real football decision to this board.
  • Like 4