Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

Sorry Red, ole Franky boy is only on the board of Costas now, and will probably be completely gone by the start of 2017, so I would not expect the yanks that own Costa Group to give a stuff about GFC.

Didn't know that, but I still think there will be an extra somewhere. Knocking back $3.5m extra over 5 years, when all you have to do is travel 50 minutes down the highway to the G, is very strange.

• Like 1

The football community still looks at the MFC as if they are a joke, simple as that. Why would any gun player want to come to Melbourne?

Well for a start we are building a young team with talent, second we beat the team he is going to at their home ground, third we are rumoured to have offered double the contract salary and last, the team he is going to, could very well be on the way down, with a number of non replaceable champion players retiring this year and next.

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong, it's great but my wife's mental well being and happiness is more valuable. We don't crave money like some, we live simple lives really.

I've heard a number of quite wealthy people say the same thing.

Impossible to put the extra 40 grand into context, unless you have a starting point.

Knocking back 40 is easy if you already earn 200.

I would bet my left nut that if the reported figures are correct, then there simply must be some outside deals involved. No westerner in his right mind knocks back $700k, just to be 1hr closer to his parents. (and if he did, what a whimpy little mummies boy he must be). He could buy his own helicopter with the difference, and be at mums house for din dins every night.

• Like 3

Might be the same source Gia used when he said Melbourne were giving Danger 1.5 million reasons to think twice about where he was headed.

Damn him for not taking the money and choosing to go home and play for the club he likely grew up supporting.

Bastard.

"selfish" bastard.
  • Like 1

I've heard a number of quite wealthy people say the same thing.

Impossible to put the extra 40 grand into context, unless you have a starting point.

Knocking back 40 is easy if you already earn 200.

She was not earning anywhere near 200k

Some of us enjoy life, not money.

When you earn 800+k a year I see it quite easy to not take the extra $ and put up with driving 1 hour+ each day through the city and over the west gate amongst all those wonderful cars especially pre season and a delightful 15k run.

Sorry Red, ole Franky boy is only on the board of Costas now, and will probably be completely gone by the start of 2017, so I would not expect the yanks that own Costa Group to give a stuff about GFC.

Dunno GFC was all over the press in the States !!

Dunno GFC was all over the press in the States !!

As soon as i posted that i thought "Hmmm should i change that in case someone make a global financial crisis joke, nah they will let it pass" I have been here too long not to have known better :P

Edited by AzzKikA
  • Like 1

We need to move from Danger - concentrate on Redden, Zorko (dream), Prestia, Bennel (we wont get both but either is ok), etc.

I imagine the footy department already have..... if Demonland ran the club our trading period would be over.

I imagine the footy department already have..... if Demonland ran the club our trading period would be over.

If Demonland ran the club we would have a list of about 6 players playing for us, no coaches, no board, no FD, no admin staff, but would be located in the MCG (it would be easy to fit our 6 players and no staff in!)

• Like 2

As soon as i posted that i thought "Hmmm should i change that in case someone make a global financial crisis joke, nah they will let it pass" I have been here too long not to have known better :P

didnt want to disappoint !! ^_^

When you earn 800+k a year I see it quite easy to not take the extra $ and put up with driving 1 hour+ each day through the city and over the west gate amongst all those wonderful cars especially pre season and a delightful 15k run.

If my footy career only had 7 years left to run I would gladly suck up such traffic trauma for an extra $3.5M. Edited by McQueen
  • Like 3

Yes, but he is not limited to living in mummies pocket, and travelling an extra hour to get to Dees training. He has the choice to live close to the MCG, and simply travel an extra or or so when he needs a hug from his parents.

Moot point anyway. It just gets up my snout.

What if we put together a more attractive offer to crows then cats can, 1st draft pick this year, 1st or 2nd t next year and a SA boy in Jimmy Toump?

What if we accept that he ain't comin to us no matter what the offer!

• Like 4

In the Herald Sun article it states "Dangerfield in the trade market would draw an auction from Hawthorn, Richmond and Collingwood — not just Geelong. Carlton and Essendon also could enter the bidding with tempting first-round draft picks for Adelaide."

Why is it that we are never in the conversation? I still believe he will land at Geelong but gee, it would be nice to be officially linked to a big name for once.

What if we accept that he ain't comin to us no matter what the offer!

That's all good and well in theory if Geelong can't satisfy crows needs he can stay in Adelaide or try his luck in the draft. He wouldn't drift to Geelong. Cats want Henderson Selwood and danger, can't see them getting all three now having to deal with crows. Could be a good time to pick the eyes out If the cats young guns and see if we can snag one or two of them.

We don't need a $1.5mil a year player. I'd rather save the money for Hoges, Brayshaw, Viney, Petrac etc.

He obviously wants to play for and live in Geelong. Let it go.

Unfortunately, we do need a big player. Surely we haven't forgotten the last two months of the season. I know there will be improvement next year, but if we want to get moving up the ladder, we need to land a big player or two. Prestia and Bennell will be a start.

Unfortunately, we do need a big player. Surely we haven't forgotten the last two months of the season. I know there will be improvement next year, but if we want to get moving up the ladder, we need to land a big player or two. Prestia and Bennell will be a start.

Id take those two over Dangerfield. Would come cheaper as well.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 2

In the Herald Sun article it states "Dangerfield in the trade market would draw an auction from Hawthorn, Richmond and Collingwood — not just Geelong. Carlton and Essendon also could enter the bidding with tempting first-round draft picks for Adelaide."

Why is it that we are never in the conversation? I still believe he will land at Geelong but gee, it would be nice to be officially linked to a big name for once.

Of course he's going to be linked to Hawthorn, Richmond and Collingwood. That's how journos get readers, because there's so many people who support those clubs. Same with Carlton and Essendon.

• Like 2