GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

Playing Devil's Advocate, if in fact we did pay out a portion of his 2015 contract, then in actual fact we probably are in a better financial position than we would have been. He would have been perfectly entitled to sit on his bum and pull down the $700k or whatever it is, so I can't see that there's an issue there.

Loyalty, etc, completely different issue.

From Jon Ralph's twitter: Mark Evans please read this trail of destruction & sorrow from a Melbourne supporter. Then hand them a priority pick http://t.co/muwWmCFZSJ

Depressing read. Be warned

I had blocked out so much of that. It's simply staggering how much has gone down and how much we've had to endure, over a seven year period. We're a bloody resilient bunch, aren't we? (and stupid)

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 1

Well obviously we are worried about his well being and didn't want to put to much presser on his return thats why we offed him a rookie spot so he could slowly come back into the system.

If he goes to another club he will have a target on his head from the media and a lot more presser expected from the club who takes a punt on him which isn't good for someone struggling with a mantel illness.

I'd say just about every sane person in society, and the football community at large, agree with this and the stance we've taken as a club: putting Mitch's health first and not worsening his potential recovery by shoving him back on to a senior list with all the associated pressures. It was this that caused his apparent depression to begin with, so for his well-being we aren't prepared to put him through that again until he's confident with himself.

Unfortunately, his manager and the slime at other clubs just see the world in dollar signs and wins & losses; whose only concern for Mitch is how much his price is and not how healthy he is (physically, mentally and emotionally). I think Mitch is incredibly unwell, not thinking clearly, and this was rightfully Roos' first concern and talking point with him after he heard what Mitch was doing to us.

No rational, straight thinking person would entertain what he and his manager are allegedly doing, with all the toxic vitriol it will attract to Mitch, it seems like a lethal and unnecessary burden to put on an already burdened young man. The most sickening part is the increasing likelihood that his manager is the one pulling the strings, all in the name of a larger commission.

• Like 1

His foot is apparently fine, but every attempt to ramp up training has given him a constant run of soft tissue injuries like his hamstring, etc.

But from all accounts after taking a few months off and getting back into training, it's been smooth sailing. So smooth in fact that our offer to rookie draft him was laughed off and he decided to shop himself around to other clubs. He did, after all, do us a favor by asking to be taken off our list.

Where's the evidence that a Rookie spot has been offered?

Have I overlooked this?

Serious question.

• Like 1

I had blocked out so much of that. It's simply staggering how much has gone down and how much we've had to endure, over a seven year period. We're a bloody resilient bunch, aren't we? (and stupid)

The 2000's have just been the icing on the cake. Being a Demon supporter since the time of the Kennedy assassination, Cassius Clay defeating Sonny Liston, and Beatlemania has been one hit after another....

• Like 2

Where's the evidence that a Rookie spot has been offered?

Have I overlooked this?

Serious question.

There's a lot of conjecture from lots of sources in the football and media landscape, but the overriding impression is we unofficially offered him a position next year he wasn't happy with, so he looked elsewhere. Lloyd on FC indicated it may have been a rookie position with us and he wasn't happy.

Playing Devil's Advocate, if in fact we did pay out a portion of his 2015 contract, then in actual fact we probably are in a better financial position than we would have been. He would have been perfectly entitled to sit on his bum and pull down the $700k or whatever it is, so I can't see that there's an issue there.

Loyalty, etc, completely different issue.

Does that mean he wants to get paid twice for 2015 if he comes back to us?

• Like 1

If you read the articles in media, he was paid a "fraction of his 2014 contract and none of 2015"!

C'mon - this is all that we live for as Dee's supporter - we're all addicted to the pain!

Seems like the AFL are addicted to our pain as well, if there's no priority pick coming. What are the criteria for a PP again?

Really!!!!! He suffers from clinical derpession, which probaly includes anxiety; he has been rumoured to have recived advice not to go to the MFC for mental health reasons, but then Hird is going to introduce him to the the Saga that is Essendon. How in any way could this be seen as considering the players interest/welfare. It really only reinforces that the EFC do not and have not given the appropriate consideration to players welfare.

Note: I have the uptmost respect for the mental capacity of the bomber players, for dealing with all this crap, but for all intensive purposes MC has demonstrated that he doesn't. Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire!

From a Mental Health perspective I kind of hope he ends up at collingwood, and finds happiness in life; from a football perspective I hope we do good out of the trade, and Collingwood continue to fall (one player should'nt turn them around)

Edited by Ungarie boy
  • Like 2

Some Facts you may not now about Mitch Clark

Clark began his football career with East Fremantle in the Western Australian Football League.

Although Clark was hit by meningococcal disease the week before the 2005 AFL Draft, Brisbane showed their strong interest, making him their first pick, the ninth player drafted across all clubs and presenting him with their number "1" guernsey; he later made a full recovery from his illness.[1]

2006-2008: Injury plagued

Clark made an impressive debut for the Brisbane Lions in the first round of the 2006 season against Geelong, converting his first mark and subsequent kick into a goal, but his debut season was significantly hampered by injury problems, in particular osteitis pubis,[2] and only ended up playing a total six games that season.

Even before the 2008 season began, Clark was already in injury strife, after injuring his quad during pre-season training.[2] Clark played his first game for 2008 in round seven against Geelong, and lost by 27 points after falling away in the last quarter. Clark kicked three goals in the process. He managed to string together twelve consecutive games for the season, but was sidelined for the remainder after the round 18 clash with North Melbourne, during which he injured his quads yet again.[2]Clark played his first game for the 2007 season in round nine against Collingwood, after overcoming his injury problems. His five goals in that match earned him an AFL Rising Star nomination.[4] However, the promising return lasted only three weeks before Clark was hit by injury again, allowing him only one more game that season.

Clark hurt his foot in that first year, 2012, and played 11 games.

It blew up again after Round 4, 2013, and Clark missed the rest of the season.

In two seasons and two games with the Demons, Clark has played just 15 matches.

The injury was a fracture to the Lisfranc joint at the top of the foot.

The name Lisfranc is after French surgeon Jacques Lisfranc de St. Martin who first described the injury about 1813 in the Napoleonic Wars. It occurred when riders fell from their horses with their feet caught in their stirrups, causing a twisting, high-impact injury.

Clarks foot recovered for him to join pre-season at the end of 2013, but he repeatedly tore his hamstring, which placed him in rehab for eight weeks, and upon recovery twice tore his calf muscle.

Described as being in a dark place, Clark sought leave from the club last month.

2014 Clark announced his immediate retirement from football, due to clinical depression and personal issues.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/luckless-melbourne-forward-mitch-clark-to-meet-with-demons-officials-and-his-management-to-discuss-future-plans/story-fni5f0at-1226874913629

Mitch Clark has had a extreme run of Injuries, when Mitch is right there is no doubt he is a good footballer maybe even possibly a Great Footballer

However considering Mitches History you would have to say for that too happen he would have to have a 1000 Leprechauns on his side all peddling at the same time to get him up and over the line .

If Mitch was playing for any other Club you would say no way grab what you can for him and move on .

Note I said any other Normal Club

After Reading http://mfcdemonblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/lolmfc-fistedforever-files.html

We can all see that the MFC is Far from being like any other Normal Club .

No matter what happens you can bet your bottom dollar it is most likely we will get stitched up in some shape form or another

If the AFL is serious about keeping the MFC a vialble entity they must step in and Give the MELB Football Club a Major Boost a priority Pick is just one of the things seriously needed and one that this time we must not blow it if granted .

We deserve better I dont think there are any other Supporters who have had to endure so much in such a consistent manner for such long time as we suffering Demon supporters have had to contend with

The point is though we are still here regardless and I think that needs recognition as well !!

As a Melbourne supporter for over 50 years now all I can say is Give us a Break !!!

This shite cant continue .

• Like 3

The 2000's have just been the icing on the cake. Being a Demon supporter since the time of the Kennedy assassination, Cassius Clay defeating Sonny Liston, and Beatlemania has been one hit after another....

Guess we should blame the Beatles for starting the one hit after another trend.

I'd be happy for us to play hardball and tell him to go in the draft. I know we'll lose but not a lot, but he loses the chance to pick and choose.

I don't want Harry (lalalallabumbamba) O as a consolation prize. He'll be there at # 40 or the PSD anyway.

Us or take the chance. [censored] any other weak kneed choice.

• Like 1

Really!!!!! He suffers from clinical derpession, which probaly includes anxiety; he has been rumoured to have recived advice not to go to the MFC for mental health reasons, but then Hird is going to introduce him to the the Saga that is Essendon. How in any way could this be seen as considering the players interest/welfare. It really only reinforces that the EFC do not and have not given the appropriate consideration to players welfare.

Note: I have the uptmost respect for the mental capacity of the bomber players, for dealing with all this crap, but for all intensive purposes MC has demonstrated that he doesn't. Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire!

From a Mental Health perspective I kind of hope he ends up at collingwood, and finds happiness in life; from a football perspective I hope we do good out of the trade, and Collingwood continue to fall (one player should'nt turn them around)

Since when has Hird cares about any players health, mental or physical?

***BREAKING NEWS***

MFC is paying for Nathan Jones' new baby's clothes!! word is that Jones and wife were seen walking with said child through MULTIPLE baby stores in order to buy clothes for the infant. Jones offered no comment at the time other than to question the reporter as to - what business is it of yours where I spend my money?

MFC members are in uproar as to Nathan Jones spending his salary on something other than himself.

Meanwhile, Mitch Clark assists in fiance education fees, MFC Members partake in mass weeping session in disbelief of this support.

• Like 4

***BREAKING NEWS***

MFC is paying for Nathan Jones' new baby's clothes!! word is that Jones and wife were seen walking with said child through MULTIPLE baby stores in order to buy clothes for the infant. Jones offered no comment at the time other than to question the reporter as to - what business is it of yours where I spend my money?

MFC members are in uproar as to Nathan Jones spending his salary on something other than himself.

Meanwhile, Mitch Clark assists in fiance education fees, MFC Members partake in mass weeping session in disbelief of this support.

The whole notion that we are arbitrarily paying school fees is such a nonsense. This payment would absolutely be part of the salary cap. Unless someone can post something to contrary, the payment for fees would be nothing more than the player having the club pay for something which forms part of his contracted amount rather than the player getting the money and paying it himself.

The major talking point should be whether we got $2M ( reported) value from his time at the club.

Edited by nutbean

Do people realise that clubs have been helping the spouses/families of players since the beginning. Whether it is finding them real estate at half value, or finding them a placement as a nurse, or finding the child of a player a surrogate father after the war took his dad...

To complain that we did this and then didn't get 'anythin out of it!' with gnashing teeth and a frothing mouth is unscrupulous.

• Like 2

Is Clark more likely to succeed and maintain good mental health if he takes a reduced contract with minimal pressure at Melbourne, or goes to a massive club like Collingwood on big dollars?

Imagine the Collingwood supporters turning on him if he doesn't regain his old form.

I mean from an outsiders perspective I can understand the idea of a fresh start, but there are so many other pressures and risks associated with going to a new environment. Change can be very stressful and induce anxiety in itself.

None of this makes much sense to me.

Couldn't agree more!

***BREAKING NEWS***

Jonesy bleeds red and blue so I would be happy for the club to hire a nanny so he can get a good nights sleep before he has to get up and actually plays week in week out.

I'd say just about every sane person in society, and the football community at large, agree with this and the stance we've taken as a club: putting Mitch's health first and not worsening his potential recovery by shoving him back on to a senior list with all the associated pressures. It was this that caused his apparent depression to begin with, so for his well-being we aren't prepared to put him through that again until he's confident with himself.

Unfortunately, his manager and the slime at other clubs just see the world in dollar signs and wins & losses; whose only concern for Mitch is how much his price is and not how healthy he is (physically, mentally and emotionally). I think Mitch is incredibly unwell, not thinking clearly, and this was rightfully Roos' first concern and talking point with him after he heard what Mitch was doing to us.

No rational, straight thinking person would entertain what he and his manager are allegedly doing, with all the toxic vitriol it will attract to Mitch, it seems like a lethal and unnecessary burden to put on an already burdened young man. The most sickening part is the increasing likelihood that his manager is the one pulling the strings, all in the name of a larger commission.

Well If he and is manager are going to put money ahead of his health then good luck to them.

We are better off with out him, He's a walking time bomb.

If you read the articles in media, he was paid a "fraction of his 2014 contract and none of 2015"!

I also read that one article by Jake Niall. Every single other article that mentions a payout states that he received a payout on his 2015 contract (which will fall under this years cap). The MFC have maintained the line that the payout is confidential. It would be easy to confuse 'won't be paid in 2015' (his payout will fall under this years cap) for 'won't be paid for 2015'.

If he wasn't paid out on his 2015 contract it would have been reported by the club at the time as a bit of a feel good story, rather the club said that the negotiations were confidential.

Happy for you to prove me wrong - but the article you're quoting is the only one stating that he won't be paid out on his 2015 contract.

I think his manager is trying to double dip, and MC being naive at best is going along with it. I think MCs manager is playing Mitch like a fiddle. Maybe the advise to remove yourself from an environment where you developed symptoms of depression could be valid in some instances, clearly this is not a normal circumstance and it would be removing him from his support structures and throwing him into the thrust of media scrutiny and the judging public. No thought has gone into that.

Dollar signs are over riding logic. I'm starting to feel Mitch will be the one to pay for a conniving snake manager that has twisted the reality of MCs position and used a statement from a doctor that doesn't fit Mitches circumstances to suit his own end.

• Like 3

Jonesy bleeds red and blue so I would be happy for the club to hire a nanny so he can get a good nights sleep before he has to get up and actually plays week in week out.

Oh good. The old 'he bleeds red and blue' cliche resurfaces. That's extremely irrelevant in the age of free agency. A bloke by the name of Moloney was said to bleed red and blue.

• Like 3

Oh good. The old 'he bleeds red and blue' cliche resurfaces. That's extremely irrelevant in the age of free agency. A bloke by the name of Moloney was said to bleed red and blue.

Exactly we have a big task need in trying to keep him at the club.