• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

There is no way HL is better or equal to MC on the field.

When MC is fit he is a match winner where as HL well isn't.

I understand that HL is at least on the field and is good but peoples he is no MC.

It is a big risk to try to keep MC but hell it would be better than letting him go to the collywobbles.

HL was leaving Collingwood before all this stuff with MC happened so we could get HL and keep MC (if Roos and Co want him)

It annoys me that some think this is a good thing when Collingwood have gone behind our backs and tried to get MC.

They are to blame here too.

Can u imagine what Eddie spaghetti would say if it was the other way around??

As usual one set of rules for some and another set for others (and the others keep getting screwed).

It [censored] me to no end

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 4

Straight swap is more than fair. He's played 15 games in 3 years because of his body breaking down, not to mention his depression. People keep harping on about him getting back to his best, but the chances of that are very very slim. If we can add someone who will slot straight into our best 18 and is ready to go, it's a no brainer.

So who are you blaming? Cos it sounds like you want to see Peter Jackson having a tantrum on TV.. I sure as hell don't, that doesn't get us anywhere

No I know he is better than that its just some think HL for MC is good and no one seems to have mentioned collywobbles part in this and that's what I wanted to bring up.

Although I wouldn't mind PJ tearing Eddie spaghetti a new one!!

HL - Mazda 323 with 100,000 km the clock and good for another 50,000 km.

MC- Porsche Carrera with 10,000 km only but with major crash repairs and thrashed engine and gearbox.

Good trade. We dont want to live beyond our means.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 3

No I know he is better than that its just some think HL for MC is good and no one seems to have mentioned collywobbles part in this and that's what I wanted to bring up.

Although I wouldn't mind PJ tearing Eddie spaghetti a new one!!

not to have a go at you specifically, but there is too much 'woe is me' amongst us supporters - we must be the most paranoid, cynical group in the comp. if it were the other way around and we attempted to steal something from the pies we would all be lauding Roos as a genius and saying 'suffer collingwood' etc.

I'll tell you 2 facts about Mitch Clarke

1. If he stays with us, he will re injure himself in his first game back, re triggering his depression, and retire permanently

2. If he goes to Collingwood, he will return to full health, fitness and per injury form, and team up with Cloke to make a potent and much envied forward line.

Let me tell you, nothing is more certain.

My opinion though the week has oscillated, feeling ok once it was suggested, that we were actually in control of what was playing out, but since finding out he spoke with collingwood before having the courtesy to see Roos, my opinion of him has plummeted.

Not ok.

While I'm at it, did you hear that paddy Ryder is apparently going to not Brisbane but Sydney? (sen) Now I'm glad that essendon look like they will lose him, (they still haven't received punishment that really hurts), but if if this rumour is true, footy is the loser and the afl needs to adjust their FA rules, now. Top 4 teams not able to access Free agents of that year. That would be a start. Even though it would be fun to see Eddie spluttering with indignation!

Last thing, now I hear on 3aw that we are certain to sign Goodwin for 5 yrs guarantee e succession, as others have said, and what if Clarkson is available??? And we offered pick 2 and 2 quality players for danger field, and Adelaide told us we're dreaming. Happy days.

hopefully all this rumour will turn out to be only that, and I should get a life and stop listening to this lowbrow crap.

Ok, back to my assignment...

Edited by KLV

It doesn't happen too often in sport where comebacks are a roaring success. More often than not it doesn't work out. 3 years is a long time out of footy - would think it would take a long time in the seconds to build up match fitness and harden the body.

Not sure it's worth the risk especially as it looks like Clark wants significant coin.

Also have to consider the natural history of major depression where it typically recurs often with a lower threshold for subsequent episodes.

Personally favour asking for a decent priority pick rather than a trade - a good case could be mounted to the AFL I would of thought.

• Like 1

Clubs are starting to realise just how bad it's looking that they're secretly trying to nab a bloke who hasn't even been cleared of a serious mental health issue.

I doubt if it would worry Collingwood or EssUndone too much

I can't believe people think a trade of Clark for HL is a good deal... All I see is one player kicking goals and dominating games, the other kicking it high in the air to any one and FFS we have enough of those kicks in our side.

I'd rather keep MC and him never play again than take a chance he plays for some one else and regains form which I believe he would.

The qualification is that was then and this is now

Mitch Clark played 15 games for us in 3 seasons Harry played 64

Mitch hasnt dominated anything other than a Canon for a long while

Like it too

However...... I just get the feeling this isnt the script....not is it PR's agenda

From Jon Ralph's twitter: Mark Evans please read this trail of destruction & sorrow from a Melbourne supporter. Then hand them a priority pick http://t.co/muwWmCFZSJ

Depressing read. Be warned

From Jon Ralph's twitter: Mark Evans please read this trail of destruction & sorrow from a Melbourne supporter. Then hand them a priority pick http://t.co/muwWmCFZSJ

Depressing read. Be warned

Back to my default Melbourne mode. Thanks Super!

robin_crying_gif_by_namgis-d5zpvrb.gif

• Like 7