GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

So you think he was just using us for our resources, and all the lovely stuff he said about the MFC was just bulllshit?

Sorry but I can't bring myself to that conclusion. I don't know Mitch personally but I don't think he has that kind of deception in him

Give me a break. This is the guy who demanded Brisbane trade him to WA so he could be closer to his sick grandmother.

It was only when Melbourne came calling with bigger $$$ (and a better pick for Brisbane) did she suddenly get better.

Let's not kid ourselves or give his manager more credit than he deserves. Mitch does what's good for Mitch.

Image wise Mitch - or his [censored]-headed agent Colin Young - has done himself an extraordinary amount of damage.

That won't stop clubs lining up for his services though because as he showed us, when he crosses the line he becomes a force of nature.

Has closed his twitter account.

obviously to weak to face a lot of angry supporters.

No matter the out come for 'us' the guy is either still having to face some demons or is a very short time removed from said issues. The further this goes on, the more vitriol sent his way and if he was struggling as much as had been reported, I'd still be worried about his health and what may occur. Life, happiness, health, caring for your family are more important than a job, footy or club fans getting on your case.
  • Like 3

Jonesy is an interesting one (off topic i know)

Out of contract next year

getting no respect from wider afl community when he would walk into every teams midfield

has played in 2 finals in 2006 with us and will be 27.

why would you not leave and chase finals and a flag, and play in a team that wins most of their games?

youd be happier because youre winning and possibly on big $, and if you win a flag youre set up for life pretty much..

he might even get an AA gong playing for a successful club!

the weak get weaker and the strong get stronger.

Agreed. If Nate goes, I go.

Young Gil has a very big black mark from me re the tanking outcome and subsequent penalty. ( In particular no other club penalty, but that's old news and he couldn't give a stuff anyway). Lets hope he doesn't fall over again re awarding appropriate compensation for Clark or Frawley should either of them move on.

The current player movement rules massively favour those at the top of the table already, we don't need further encouragement from the AFL.

• Like 1

They should make this Jones boy outright Captain.

They should give him a 5 year deal with lots of money. LOTS of money. He is worth to us a hell of a lot more than any other club, and if he goes, we may as well shut up shop and give up on retaining any sort of talent.

Doubt he gives a crap about being a joint captain. It won't make him stay.

• Like 1

Oh good. The old 'he bleeds red and blue' cliche resurfaces. That's extremely irrelevant in the age of free agency. A bloke by the name of Moloney was said to bleed red and blue.

Should have had me as his nanny.

• Like 1

Had this link sent to me that has the purple headed [censored] talk about the MFC "forcing" Mitch Clark to retire. Sorry, cant just send you the specific grab - but its about 80% of the way through.

http://d15mj6e6qmt1na.cloudfront.net/attachments/10666101/the-rush-hour-10th-september-2014.mp3?audio_clip_id=2464588&Expires=1410423626&Signature=YB8gZ5GrgVGAVu%7ENcDidHKCbkgGUnAdfJZuwB3Msykwupy2c-XnxHdse5pattsg3uzlP9EIw9dngsUNyZKri75yJx61gtT-i3TvzKfG0-eDo4A9HZfb5RfuW8pQ8aXXoJqhb3mmLLHRcOpccJoCxql49f3uWzH0Oo1DgYZT%7Ez2MH3xBPevlnVme4oAydw3%7EBPQnDaIpNjyi-tN5V9zA38Ho9MACl6ri5kiV68f3n3yRwTFcyWNX3jILQy1DX7rsJVDK06iIOcUU9IW8ntYJD6RRT6p1HD-t4i85mxmyHrpCSZbRwjE4KraPXRLuJO8Ry3VTcdDIhjDfqXXBUAM8h7w__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJS5FX6XHKL62XLYQ

1) How would he know that

2) If true, it is interesting background

Everything I have read says that he wanted to be out of spotlight and that he felt guilty taking the money when he could not play.

Can someone just tell us what the real deal is.......

Will be getting fed by the manager to soften the reaction if/when he walks out I would guess.

And it is quite possible that the decision to "retire" was a mutual decision.

I'm so over it now I dont think I care anymore. Same goes for frawley, stay, go, whatever.

• Like 6

Had this link sent to me that has the purple headed [censored] talk about the MFC "forcing" Mitch Clark to retire. Sorry, cant just send you the specific grab - but its about 80% of the way through.

http://d15mj6e6qmt1na.cloudfront.net/attachments/10666101/the-rush-hour-10th-september-2014.mp3?audio_clip_id=2464588&Expires=1410423626&Signature=YB8gZ5GrgVGAVu%7ENcDidHKCbkgGUnAdfJZuwB3Msykwupy2c-XnxHdse5pattsg3uzlP9EIw9dngsUNyZKri75yJx61gtT-i3TvzKfG0-eDo4A9HZfb5RfuW8pQ8aXXoJqhb3mmLLHRcOpccJoCxql49f3uWzH0Oo1DgYZT%7Ez2MH3xBPevlnVme4oAydw3%7EBPQnDaIpNjyi-tN5V9zA38Ho9MACl6ri5kiV68f3n3yRwTFcyWNX3jILQy1DX7rsJVDK06iIOcUU9IW8ntYJD6RRT6p1HD-t4i85mxmyHrpCSZbRwjE4KraPXRLuJO8Ry3VTcdDIhjDfqXXBUAM8h7w__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJS5FX6XHKL62XLYQ

2) If true, it is interesting background

Everything I have read says that he wanted to be out of spotlight and that he felt guilty taking the money when he could not play.

Can someone just tell us what the real deal is.......

For some reason I decided to listen to that link - they start discussing Clark at approximately 45:00

Edit: the money shot's around 46.30 - he says we pushed him to make the decision to retire, says the challenge for the MFC is to get something for him in the trade period as he will enter the PSD otherwise. Says nothing about a payout or why. When asked why it hasn't been reported that way "I've put it out there a few times".

Edited by Beats

For some reason I decided to listen to that link - they start discussing Clark at approximately 45:00

Edit: the money shot's around 46.30 - he says we pushed him to make the decision to retire, says the challenge for the MFC is to get something for him in the trade period as he will enter the PSD otherwise. Says nothing about a payout or why. When asked why it hasn't been reported that way "I've put it out there a few times".

Yes, that struck me as abysmal journalism. His source effectively is that he has said it a few times already. I'll say it just once - he is a fool. Evidence: what he said.

• Like 1

Barrett's form continues. He stirred the pot last week saying that Jones should leave as a free agent at the end of his next contract.

Given how bad MFC has been I do wonder why Nathan Jones continues to be a shining light during so many dark days.

FWIW, I could not blame him if he did go to another club to taste real success.

• Like 1