Time is up for some players

All the Jacks

Bail and Grimes...just 2 players not cutting it !!!!!

Grimes game is riddled with schoolboy errors

100% agree.

It has been this way for many years.

Yet the club give him a captaincy...

Grimes effort can't be questioned... but his skills,Game & leadership are just not up to AFL standard IMO.

• Like 4

[censored], you would have to be the most illiterate poster on any site in the world! Universe! Alternate universe![/quote

Surely BBO you've read ENYAW's work?

Whilst we've got solid citizens and not raw talent running through the midfield - M Jones, McKenzie, Rielly, Cross, Bail etc - we're always going to struggle.

I think M Jones, McKenzie, Evans, Blease, Bail & Nico all have to be moved on as whilst all honest don't have what it takes for an AFL midfield.

[censored], you would have to be the most illiterate poster on any site in the world! Universe! Alternate universe![/quote

Surely BBO you've read ENYAW's work?

I believe ENYAW is at the cutting edge RTG, or even beyond. He challenges us with his esoteria.( I may have just coined that word). Fl og, on the other hand is just a [censored]

• Like 4

I believe ENYAW is at the cutting edge RTG, or even beyond. He challenges us with his esoteria.( I may have just coined that word). Fl og, on the other hand is just a [censored]

Funny stuff BBO and the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Thank you.

on today's performance you'd axe the whole lot of them save for about a handful.

however, moving on more than 10 players in one off-season is simply impossible.

the most i can imagine leaving, discounting frawley, would be something along the lines of five:

terlich - just no good, his disposal is not at afl standard

mckenzie - if he can't tag (selwood destroyed him) and he can't kick, what use is he?

blease - can't run two ways, doesn't work hard enough defensively, doesn't have great disposal, doesn't get much of the ball

strauss - insipid, goes to pieces when placed under any pressure

nicholson - can't kick

i believe none of the above are contracted beyond this year. i wouldn't renew any.

Edited by DemonAndrew
  • Like 2

on today's performance you'd axe the whole lot of them save for about a handful.

the most i can imagine leaving, discounting frawley, would be something along the lines of:

mckenzie - if he can't tag (selwood destroyed him) and he can't kick, what use is he?

blease - can't run two ways, doesn't work hard enough defensively, doesn't have great disposal, doesn't get much of the ball

nicholson - can't kick

i believe none of the above are contracted beyond this year. i wouldn't renew any.

And the ones that are can always be palmed off for a late pick if someone is even remotely interested in them.

I don't know what to think. I can respect losses, I get that they are a reality of the game that is played. But when the game is lost, it's lost with a monuments breakdown right across the ground. Even the close games, the team has demonstrated it lacks a collective drive to win a majority of the time. I don't think these are bad players. But even Nathan Jones represents a faction within the team that doesn't quite excel and help control a game. Frawley is very much the same. Nothing against the blokes because they are great clubmen but I don't blame Chip for leaving if he does. But there needs to be a changeover. But Jones stays.

Watts should be offered as tradebait for picks. Build around Viney, Tyson and Jones engine. Trade for an experienced ruckman. Mumford would be AMAZING. Look for the biggest, tallest talent in the draft ala Jesse Hogan. Do what you must to get him. Forward preferably. Build a god damn forward line! Get in another TWO Daniel Cross-esque players to control the backline.

There are so many holes. That was ugly today. For 9 years the likes of Dunn, Jones, Frawley have let this team get pushed around by Geelong. How can you go into a match with what seems like a lack of desire to win? They were in awe of their opponents today. That Geelong team is truly spectacular. Melbourne is galaxies away.

• Like 2

the most i can imagine leaving, discounting frawley, would be something along the lines of five:

nicholson - can't kick

How about turnover Grimes and Dont get near the contest watts He is a [censored] His mother wasr ight I just dont want to see him hurt. PI$s him off please I am tired of watching his pathetic efforts Go play net ball Jack Ohhhhhh Sorry they also bump you!

• Like 2

I don't know what to think. I can respect losses, I get that they are a reality of the game that is played. But when the game is lost, it's lost with a monuments breakdown right across the ground. Even the close games, the team has demonstrated it lacks a collective drive to win a majority of the time. I don't think these are bad players. But even Nathan Jones represents a faction within the team that doesn't quite excel and help control a game. Frawley is very much the same. Nothing against the blokes because they are great clubmen but I don't blame Chip for leaving if he does. But there needs to be a changeover. But Jones stays.

Watts should be offered as tradebait for picks. Build around Viney, Tyson and Jones engine. Trade for an experienced ruckman. Mumford would be AMAZING. Look for the biggest, tallest talent in the draft ala Jesse Hogan. Do what you must to get him. Forward preferably. Build a god damn forward line! Get in another TWO Daniel Cross-esque players to control the backline.

There are so many holes. That was ugly today. For 9 years the likes of Dunn, Jones, Frawley have let this team get pushed around by Geelong. How can you go into a match with what seems like a lack of desire to win? They were in awe of their opponents today. That Geelong team is truly spectacular. Melbourne is galaxies away.

I really like this line of thought Praha, although Mumford is untouchable after only heading to GWS this year, but I see what you mean.

We've got the gameplan, we've got the coach and we've got the off field stuff right. We just need to be ruthless now to get the on field stuff up to scratch.

• Like 1

nicholson - can't kick

How about turnover Grimes and Dont get near the contest Watts He is a [censored] His mother was right" I just dont want to see him hurt." PI$s him off please I am tired of watching his pathetic efforts Go play net ball Jack Ohhhhhh Sorry they also bump you!

• Like 1

Whilst we've got solid citizens and not raw talent running through the midfield - M Jones, McKenzie, Rielly, Cross, Bail etc - we're always going to struggle.

I think M Jones, McKenzie, Evans, Blease, Bail & Nico all have to be moved on as whilst all honest don't have what it takes for an AFL midfield.

Blease does, but he needs new pastures to start learning again. MJones is serviceable. disappointed with Evans this year.

We have the basics in our mids now, but need to quickly add more, & polish.

I'd like to see a swap of Blease & Rohan. we give them Blease & our 3rd Rnd pick ?

Watts and Bail are not up to it ...

Said this before and got crucified, My daughter loves/likes/adores/dreamsabout/thinks hes cute and will even stand up and fight for JW.

But in the cold grey melbourne weather,when common sense prevails,she looks at me and says,not a wing attack or wing defense.

I strongly believe PR will sort the list out and trade for the better{he is good at it}hang on to your hats,the ride begins at trade time and will continue until he gets what he wants.

ATM he is just laying down the law for next year,so some players are getting tired after their first PR season and some players are not up to the PR season,dont worry he WILL sort it out.

Also,i was lambasted for saying JH hasnt played as yet and PR would trade him in a heartbeat if a win was there for the club.I still believe if he had too he would.

................................................................................ Can Blease actually play a game this year before he's written off?

I expect Blease to get his chance before the season ends, but unfortunately, I think we all know what we will get.

roos summed up watts' game pretty well in the press conference - if those ahead of him aren't playing his role, it's very hard for him to do his.

whilst his attack on the contest was typically appalling (i thought roos let him off pretty lightly tbh), i did think that he lead and lead repeatedly yesterday - and was routinely ignored. at one stage he was on his lonesome on the wing / half-back flank and he repeat lead three times, only for dunn who was doing the kick out to bomb to where jamar was on the other side.

bail has been a marked improver in 2014, but is still a limited at best footballer.

• Like 1

By my reckoning there are 15 on our list that are candidates for delisting or trading (depending on contract status).

The stats for turnovers are clear. Get rid of all those that continually turn the ball over. They kill confidence. If you look at our stats for the year its turnovers where we are scored most heavily against. Fix that up and we very competitive. A lot of our backline are guilty of this but Grimes, Terlich have to be under serious pressure. Roos got rid of Terlich once. He'll do it again I suspect. Grimes is a such a hard one because he is such a trier and clearly an upstanding bloke but his flaws are very deep.

I have some sympathy because our midfielders don't run and spread enough, That does make it harder for the backline. But guys like Nicho, Terlich and Grimes are consistently bad. I'd actually have McDonald in there as well but he has a lot of other strong credentials and has just been re-signed so is not going anywhere.

Next we have to look at players that can't or won't run. Plenty of those.

Watts lost me last year. He is soft in the xtreme. Skills are excellent but you can't have a player like that who won't run, tackle and cant win a one on one without destroying team ethics.

Frawley has clearly gone. The footy world knows it. He is playing like it. He is worth more to us gone than with us. Tell us now Chip so we can plan.

McKenzie is a one trick pony whose one trick is no longer good. Spencer has been re-signed and I love his attack on the footy but his lack of skills detract seriously from any benefit his mongrel provides.

Evans, Tappy, Strauss, Blease, MJones, FItzy and Clisby have to be gone and along with Byrnes and Clark.

We need mids with skills who can run and defenders who can kick and make decisions under pressure. This all needs fixing before we consider a fwd line. I can't believe how f&^%&^d we are.

• Like 1