Tom McDonald - 50 Games

Demon Jack

Congrats to Tommy Mac who'll play his 50th game on the big stage this weekend. Although much is said about his disposal, he's easily become one the top defenders going around which is incredible considering he's only 21 and about to play his 50th game. Great one on one player and a key prospect for the future for the Dees. Hopefully we retain him.

• Like 4

very well spoken young man, doesn't shy away from hard work, obvious leadership potential, has all the tools just needs to work on his kicking.

• Like 1

Man, that's come about very fast. Congrats Tom!

To me it feels like he's been around forever already.

I still remember very early in his career he got towelled up by Nick Riewoldt for the first 15 minutes of a game. I wrote him off then and there, but (naturally) he proceeded to destroy Roo for the rest of the night.

He's a handy player, but does a bit too much aimless running with ball-in-hand for my taste.

• Like 2

Congrats to Tommy Mac who'll play his 50th game on the big stage this weekend. Although much is said about his disposal, he's easily become one the top defenders going around which is incredible considering he's only 21 and about to play his 50th game. Great one on one player and a key prospect for the future for the Dees. Hopefully we retain him.

good post. Geez only 21? He has huge upside. Reminds me of Steven icke. A little ungainly but super reliable and very driven

Yes indeedy. TMac 50? its seems to have gone very quickly. I can't wait to see his next 2 seasons now he's been such a regular member of the team.

His best is all in front of him. lets hope there's ar least another 200 + to come in the Red&Blue.

King of the one-percenters and can run all day. Barry Prendagast success story. Would like to see take a few more contested marks and dispose of the ball properly under pressure.

Edited by dee-tox

I had a conversation with Jack Trengove before the Darwin game a couple of years ago. Even then Tom Mac was very highly regarded among the playing group. Trengove was amazed at Tom's running ability both endurance and speed. This guy could become one of our great players.

• Like 2

If he keeps shutting down the games best forward he would be in serious contention for All Australian? He seems excited to be at the club so I have no doubt he will sign soon. 10 plus year player for us.

The 21-year-old, who was drafted at No.53 in the NAB AFL 2010 Draft, said being drafted was a moment he’ll never forget, but he’s eager to play a key part of Melbourne’s finals prospects in the future.

“Getting drafted is still probably the highlight. The feeling when your name gets called out is probably one of the best feelings I’ve had in a long time. It’s just an excitement and a rush that I haven’t felt since,” he told Dee TV.

“I’m looking forward to playing finals and hopefully that trumps it pretty quickly.

Well it seems he is happy at melbourne so I hope he signs soon.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

BOILED LOLLIES by The Oracle

In the space of a month Melbourne has gone from chocolates to boiled lollies in terms of its standing as a candidate for the AFL premiership.  The club faces its moment of truth against a badly bruised up Collingwood at the MCG. A win will give it some respite but even then, it won’t be regarded particularly well being against an opponent carrying the burden of an injured playing list. A loss would be a disaster. The Demons have gone from a six/two win/loss ratio and a strong percentag

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 3

CLEAN HANDS by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons headed into town and up Sydney Road to take on the lowly Coburg Lions who have been perennial VFL easy beats and sitting on one win for the season. Last year, Casey beat them in a practice match when resting their AFL listed players. That’s how bad they were. Nobody respected them on Saturday and clearly not the Demons who came to the game with 22 players (ten MFC), but whether they came out to play is another matter because for the most part, their intensity was lacking an

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

ALAS SPRINGS by Whispering Jack

I got the word on Saturday from someone who knows someone inside the Fremantle camp that the Dockers were pumped and supremely confident about getting the W the next day against Melbourne at TIO Traeger Park in the red heart of the country. I was informed that the Dockers were extremely confident for a number of reasons. They had beaten the Demons on their home territory at the MCG at their last two meetings so they didn’t see beating them at Alice Springs as a problem. They belie

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

The Demons head back to Melbourne after an embarrassing loss to the Dockers to take on the Magpies at the MCG on Kings Birthday. With a calf injury to Lachie Hunter and Jacob van Rooyen possibly returning from injury who comes in and who goes out?  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 268

PODCAST: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 3rd June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons embarrasing loss to Fremantle in Alice Springs. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE: ht

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 58

VOTES: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the embarrassing loss against the Dockers. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 33

POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demons were blown out of the water and were absolutely embarrassing against the Fremantle Dockers in Alice Springs ultimately going down by 92 points and getting bundled out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 589

GAMEDAY: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

It's Game Day and the Demons and the Dockers meet on halfway on neutral territory in the heart of the country in Alice Springs and the Dees need to win to hold onto a place in the Top 4.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 772

TROUBLE by The Oracle

Situated roughly in Australia's geographic centre, Alice Springs has for many years been a troubled town suffering from intermittent crime waves, particularly among its younger residents. There was a time a little while ago when things were so bad that some even doubted the annual AFL game in the town would proceed.  Now, the hope is that this Sunday’s Melbourne vs Fremantle encounter will bring joy to the residents of the town and that through the sport and the example of the participants,

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!