Casey Scorpions v Werribee

If the reserves coach doesnt support the game plan he should be sacked immediatley

Absolutely, my housemate plays for Collingwood in the VFL and he informs me that their coaches ensure that the VFL team follow virtually the same game plan, structure etc. as the AFL team as they are 'one club.' This builds consistency across the board and only strengthens the clubs onfield strategies, whether your VFL or AFL listed.

Makes sense to me.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 4

Rohan Welsh is not the right man for the Casey Job. Apparently pot shots the MFC and our game plan during QTR breaks.

Right you have taken one comment from a poster a month ago and formed your judgement. Its now gospel apparently.

FMD no wonder the internet is shocking for rumours and innuendo.

Why don't you form your own opinion from your own experience before pot shotting a guy like that. Pathetic.

• Like 7

Right you have taken one comment from a poster a month ago and formed your judgement. Its now gospel apparently.

FMD no wonder the internet is shocking for rumours and innuendo.

Why don't you form your own opinion from your own experience before pot shotting a guy like that. Pathetic.

I heard many addresses by Welsh at quarter time breaks last year.

Not once did I hear him take a pot shot at the demons game plan.

Maybe if DD had actually heard such a comment himself, but no, second hand information at best from an anonymous board and uses it to partake in some character assassination. Pathetic is being nice

• Like 4

Best

Casey Scorpions Clisby Gawn Garland Fitzpatrick Toumpas Evans

I cannot remember the last time i saw the entire Casey best 6 be made up entirely of Melbourne listed players...

Regardless of the result this is a good thing and is all part of the culture building exercise.

If there were no changes this week i would be quite comfortable with this and it would help reinforce to the players that not only do you need to perform consistently well at Casey, but you then need to grab your opportunity in the seniors with both hands and if you do the coaching staff will show faith in you.

• Like 2

I doubt Welsh would be silly enough to pot Roosy's game plan.

Game plans that win AFL premierships are usually fairly well regarded.

• Like 2

I was at the ground at windy hill when the first comment was supposedly made.

I heard the quarter and three quarter time speeches.

I did not hear the comment.

Now not everything was audible but I heard nothing of the type suggested.

One has to be careful because remour can very easily becomes fact.

Before Welsh is hung drawn and quartered.

Who heard the comment?

If no one will put up their hand then IMO it did not happen.

So who actually heard it? As against " someone said"

• Like 3

Absolutely, my housemate plays for Collingwood in the VFL and he informs me that their coaches ensure that the VFL team follow virtually the same game plan, structure etc. as the AFL team as they are 'one club.' This builds consistency across the board and only strengthens the clubs onfield strategies, whether your VFL or AFL listed.

Makes sense to me.

Is this "pillowtalk" Song?

Just joking!!! Don't want to upset Sambo's repressed sexuality.

Good to see those names in the bests. No Blease or Kent I notice. Did Barry play?

Barry played, didnt have a big impact, not bad when he had the ball but didnt get involved enough.

Kent competed well and i would have him ahead of Blease on todays game. Blease played off the back flank.

Potting the Roos gameplan would be a good way for Welsh to commit career suicide I'd have thought. Not to mention alignment and therefore club suicide. I doubt there'd be a Casey Scorpions without the alignment, or at least there would not be a very strong one.

• Like 2

I remember reading a couple of weeks ago Welsh was critizing Roos game plan in one of the qtr huddles into the bemusement of some of the Melbourne players.

Pretty sure he was doing the same last year aswell in some of the Casey games I read last year.

maybe theres a job coming for him at the Blues?

• Like 1

Potting the Roos gameplan would be a good way for Welsh to commit career suicide I'd have thought. Not to mention alignment and therefore club suicide. I doubt there'd be a Casey Scorpions without the alignment, or at least there would not be a very strong one.

Cant copy and past on my phone but this is from Bleasy as that from the round 1 game against essendon.

"The coach slagged the playing group for playing the 'Paul Roos game plan' high possession and maintaining the ball. It was interesting as I looked over at Jack Trengove who had a perplexed look on his face"

So today I decided to head down to Windy Hill instead of watching our boys against the Giants. In the stands sat Garland, Dawes and Tapscott Tapscott with strapping around his Right Quad. No sign of Strauss and Gawn who I actually thought might be a chance of playing today the mystery injury curse has struck again!

Anyway, for the most parts the game was pretty sloppy. There was a 2 goal wind blowing towards the city (?) end and I think it affected a lot of the skill level. It wasnt great viewing but surely couldnt have been worse than the game up at Blacktown!

So with 27 minutes on the clock, Casey were an even 4 goals in front and the game appeared to be all over, espescially as some quarters had been awfully short. But from the 27 to 34 minute mark, Bombers kicked 5 goals to put themselves 1 goal up. Surely this was game over. No. Centre Clearance to Casey through Aiden Riley and Jetta takes a big pack mark, his second for the day, (yes his second contested pack mark!!) and kicks truly to level the score with 35 minutes on the clock. Back to the centre and another Casey clearance; with some incredible dash and flair Blease grabs the ball, puts on the after burners and kicks truly with 36 minutes on the clock to put Casey one goal up!! Siren blows at 36:20.

Now, heres the wrap up of our Melbourne Listed Players:

Trengove: Played across half back and half forward for 75% of the day and looked slow and disinterested at some points. It wasnt what we wanted to see from Jack. He had one terrible holidng the ball called against him early in the game where again he was caught with no awareness and very slow. His 25% of the time in the middle was more fruitful as he got his hands on it a bit, but overall not a great game for him.

Jamar: Looked very underdone and slow early. He warmed into the game, but didnt have much game time. The only time he looked like he cared was after Michie got flattened and there was a bit of heat in the game leading up to half time. Interestingly though my Essendon mate I was sitting with though he looked good in the ruck. I think though he will need another week at Casey before coming up to the seniors.

Blease: Was very flat early and struggled to get into the game. Had a bad dropped mark and shank kick early in the first quarter playing across half back. But as the game went on he improved. Rotated through the wing and deep forward and ended up with a lot of possession, particularly in the last quarter. Had some textbook run and bounces which was good to see, and also put in some pretty good chases; also had some excellent possession where he was clean and looked like he had far more time than anyone else. Got a bad knock in the 3rd quarter which split his eye open but he kept running on. Should be picked for the dees next week.

Michie: Started the game very well and gained a lot of the ball through the middle but dropped off as the game went on. Had a big knock which I think explains his limited involvement in the game after half time.

Toumpas: A very good game. Looked good with ball in hand and ran well for most parts. Played through the guts and across half forward. Should have a look in to be selected next week.

McKenzie: Ran hard, tackled and chased well. Even got a bit of ball for himself, and his skill looks to have improved. (Must be the only player on our list who has done so!) Not sure what his role is going to be in the dees moving forward but he put his hand up today.

Salem: This was my first look at Salem and I thought he did well. Didnt set the world on fire but was clean by foot and looked OK in traffic. Will be better after 4-6 VFL games.

Harmes: I like what I see with this kid. He had mongrel in him and was in constant tussles with the opposition all day. He is a go-er and looks like he wears his heart on the sleeve. Was good to see some passion.

Hunt: Very impressive flashes throughout the game. This kid is quick. At ¼ time he was the only one the coach singled out for taking the game on which was funny because the coach slagged the playing group for playing the Paul Roos game of high possession, and maintaining the ball. It was interesting as I then looked to Trengove who had a perplexed look on his face!

King: Its funny watching this guy play he is so skinny and lanky but goes ok. Worth hanging onto for a few years I rekon though.

Jetta: Actually did alright up forward. Had the 2 contested pack marks I mentioned earlier and was handy around the ground. Got a few knocks but kept motoring on.

Riley: First time I have seen him play and I though he was ok. Goes for the ball hard and won plenty of the ball. Reminds me a bit of Jack Viney. Will improve from here.

Nicholson: Honestly didnt notice him much. I see that he got mentioned in the best above but really I didnt think he had much of an impact.

Clisby: Was very solid in defence and could have earned himself a spot after todays game. Like a lot of the other players today he didnt dominate and came in and out of the game but what he did do was good.

Who should earn a call up after today: Blease, Toumpas, Clisby & Mckenzie (but whats his role going to be with Vince, Cross, Jones and Tyson?) and Nicholson (as I said seemed to miss all of his possession today)

Casey Players that played well: Smith, Page

Nice work Dazzledavey. I just found it too.

SEE COMENTS FOR HUNT.

I was at the ground at windy hill when the first comment was supposedly made.

I heard the quarter and three quarter time speeches.

I did not hear the comment.

Now not everything was audible but I heard nothing of the type suggested.

One has to be careful because remour can very easily becomes fact.

Before Welsh is hung drawn and quartered.

Who heard the comment?

If no one will put up their hand then IMO it did not happen.

So who actually heard it? As against " someone said"

I was there and heard every word. There was no 'potting' of the game plan per say. He simply instructed the guys to stop f*%#ing around with it at half back & going side to side - rather that he would back those players who took it on through the middle.

In the first quarter, it did seem that backwards or sideways was the natural inclination (i.e coached into them). But every game sees changes of tactics for countless reasons...and for someone to say this was Welsh potting the Melbourne 'game plan', then that's just Absurdityville, population: one crazy Demonland poster. :wacko:

• Like 7