Robbo just said he thinks Moloney's career is finished

Gorgoroth

Leppitsch is clearly making the most of his honeymoon period as coach by playing all the kids whilst the result is irrelevant.

But for Moloney the problem maintains the same one as when he fell out of favour at Melbourne. He's incredibly one dimensional. And Brisbane have Rockliff and Redden as much better clearance winning inside midfielders and there's only so many you can have in the team.

exactly, he's only good for one thing...long bombs into the forward line..end of story, cannot do much else

The guy played a lot of good games for the MFC and if he made a few mistakes well tough most people do.

I find it sad that after the years he put in at the Dees it ends this way.

A few on here could be a little more gracious.

If I had to choose between him and Neeld it would not be a hard choice.

• Like 2

Call me old fashioned but loyalty to your club ahead of self is a non-negotiable and more so if you're a professional. Neeld couldn't help it that he was a poor coach. He gave it his best shot and wasn't good enough. As for the other bloke I noticed as late as last week that he was playing the same way he's always played and I guess that the penny's now dropped for Leppa.

• Like 2

If Robbo thinks Beamer is finished, then I expect Beamer to return to the Lions side and play some good footy. That said, it may well be his last year in the AFL.

He turns 31 next January.

Beamer would dominate any league under the AFL.

He is just a bit stiff due to circumstance, as Brisbane desperately need to fast track some kids.

Moloney finds himself in a similar position than he was in here.

The only difference is, Brisbane actually have a decent core of young mids.

He should count his lucky eggs that Rich isn't playing atm.

The guy played a lot of good games for the MFC and if he made a few mistakes well tough most people do.

I find it sad that after the years he put in at the Dees it ends this way.

A few on here could be a little more gracious.

Yep. i'd nix them both. In fact, I think that's just what we did do.

Yeah ruined a BnF winner and sent him packing... Great job Neeld.

Was a great decision. Refused to pick up players and would point at everyone else to cover his man/space, deliberately disobeyed team orders in the midfield set up, refused to play defensively/run both ways and finally, if for nothing else, his selfish choice to play against his old club when he was totally incapable of playing, Result 186. Dragged at half time. 0 stats. Slept in the change rooms the entire second half.

Great job Stuie.

• Like 1

Was a great decision. Refused to pick up players and would point at everyone else to cover his man/space, deliberately disobeyed team orders in the midfield set up, refused to play defensively/run both ways and finally, if for nothing else, his selfish choice to play against his old club when he was totally incapable of playing, Result 186. Dragged at half time. 0 stats. Slept in the change rooms the entire second half.

Great job Stuie.

Yet somehow this terrible player managed to win a Bluey, score a heap of Brownlow votes for us, and win almost all of our clearances...

I find it staggering people are sticking up for Neeld. Surely it hasn't been that long that you've forgotten how he almost destroyed our footy club?

"Robbo just said he thinks

Moloney's career is finished"

Were these two separate perhaps newsworthy statements that somehow became juxtaposed?

The first is certainly newsworthy, the second inevitable.

Interesting if Brisbane really bottom out badly, the AFL will want to provide draft assistance I bet but because they refused our request last year for draft assistance, they are somewhat hamstrung, if they don't want to look like hypocrites.

But of course that has never stopped them before if they want to engineer an outcome for a favoured team or in the case of the tanking fiasco, a team like MFC that they want to hammer for whatever reason.

Of course an up side maybe they will decide to provide help to both teams in some form while we are probably raped again via Free Agency!

Hasn't worried them in the past so probably won't again.

He certainly lost me that day, never to recover.

Moloney was playing selfish stupid football years before Neeld came on board.
Tolerating and not correcting that carp was one of the reasons Bailey wasn't good enough.

see 186 reference above

Edited by monoccular

With due respect to Beamer who played some good footy against bad teams, if those were the choices I would leave empty handed.

I loved the Moloney that played with us for 5 years, then he played against us for a couple, and then he went to Brisbane.

He is welcome back anytime, but Neeld wasn't wrong to ask for more, he was just the wrong person to be asking.

• Like 1

In the Neeld/Moloney debate, just because one was wrong didn't make the other one right. Both were wrong. Neeld should have tried to bring Beamer (and the list) along with what he was doing rather than make him (and them) submit to it. He shouldn't have been a pushover but he shouldn't have been the autocrat he became. This has been done to death.
Beamer was wrong because he dropped his bundle when Neeld tweaked his nose about his two way running, was rumored to have disobeyed the coach's instructions, was said by Russell Robertson to have cracked the s***s because he wasn't made captain and was described to me by a bar manager once who knew of his after 12 antics as 'the last bloke you want captaining your footy club'. Whatever Neeld was or was not, I was firm on him being treated respectfully on the way out.

Beamer's tweet upon MN's sacking was classless and showed why he shouldn't have been made captain. Sure, have a quiet chuckle to yourself (your only human). I'm sure Riv did. Don't do that. It makes you look like a clueless, witless d***head.

In the Neeld/Moloney debate, just because one was wrong didn't make the other one right. Both were wrong. Neeld should have tried to bring Beamer (and the list) along with what he was doing rather than make him (and them) submit to it. He shouldn't have been a pushover but he shouldn't have been the autocrat he became. This has been done to death.

Beamer was wrong because he dropped his bundle when Neeld tweaked his nose about his two way running, was rumored to have disobeyed the coach's instructions, was said by Russell Robertson to have cracked the s***s because he wasn't made captain and was described to me by a bar manager once who knew of his after 12 antics as 'the last bloke you want captaining your footy club'. Whatever Neeld was or was not, I was firm on him being treated respectfully on the way out.

Beamer's tweet upon MN's sacking was classless and showed why he shouldn't have been made captain. Sure, have a quiet chuckle to yourself (your only human). I'm sure Riv did. Don't do that. It makes you look like a clueless, witless d***head.

I strongly dislike the use of 'Karmas a beatch' phrase ....so Schapelle Corby(sorry)... such a trite revenge chant that couldn't be more removed from the meaning of Karma

Really, really sensible post.