• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Players to target at the end of the year

Depends on if he gets rubbed out and for how long.

We really can't touch an Essendon player until this plays out or if we know for certain that they have not and are not likely to receive show cause notices.

the ASADA issue would be the only reason id think twice about trading for him, plus the bombers are a pain to trade with... I'll trust our list mangers on whether we go for them or not... Who knows the ASADA issue could be good leverage... He is a solid player though, seems to play a similar role to Tom McDonald... Probably a better replacement for McDonald than Frawley....

We currently have no players who can kick bags of goals (cant count Hogan until he plays and actually does it).. we would be in no place to say no.

Adelaide: Walker

Collingwood: Cloke

Fremantle: Pavlich

Geelong: Hawkins

Giants: Cameron

Hawks: Gunston, Roughead

Port: Schulz

Richmond: Riewoldt

Stkilda: Riewoldt

Sydney: Franklin, Tippett

WCE: Darling, Lecras, Kennedy

There are only a few teams that i didnt name that have quality power forwards and with the exception of Essendon and North (who Petri arguably fits the criteria), none of these teams are top 8. I could put Lynch in for GC, but havent seen enough of him personally to say that.

The issue is, we need a forward that can kick big goals, we thought that would be Clark, and we are unlucky it wasnt.

Based on the statistics of teams making the 8 without prominent forwards, i do not see Melbourne in any position to turn down a player of Riewoldt's calibre.

We currently have no players who can kick bags of goals (cant count Hogan until he plays and actually does it).. we would be in no place to say no.

Adelaide: Walker

Collingwood: Cloke

Fremantle: Pavlich

Geelong: Hawkins

Giants: Cameron

Hawks: Gunston, Roughead

Port: Schulz

Richmond: Riewoldt

Stkilda: Riewoldt

Sydney: Franklin, Tippett

WCE: Darling, Lecras, Kennedy

There are only a few teams that i didnt name that have quality power forwards and with the exception of Essendon and North (who Petri arguably fits the criteria), none of these teams are top 8. I could put Lynch in for GC, but havent seen enough of him personally to say that.

The issue is, we need a forward that can kick big goals, we thought that would be Clark, and we are unlucky it wasnt.

Based on the statistics of teams making the 8 without prominent forwards, i do not see Melbourne in any position to turn down a player of Riewoldt's calibre.

Totally agree, our forward line of Dawes, Frawley, Pederson, Gawn/ Jamar doesn't look dangerous. None at this stage, maybe apart from Dawes looks like they can kick more than a couple of goals a game. Hopefully Hogan becomes that player with Dawes as a back up forward. At this stage i think one of Pederson or Frawley will have to move back. If Frawley goes back then hopefully that will free up Dunn to be the third man up player. With more development hopefully Howe and Dunn become our backline quarterbacks.

Plowman named in the bests in on the weekend (GWS ressies).

O'Rourke and Plowman would be worth chasing for the right price.

Shiel would be best case scenario.

maybe look to plowman & O'Rourke from 2015 onwards?

Lets concentrate on players who are available this draft, & on the picks we can get to use. I believe Sheil is one of those available? I'd happily give up our 1st pick, plus any compo pick, for Shiel, & also Jaksch and GWS's 2nd Rnd pick.

I reckon it's time we target a couple of huge signings

if we lose Frawley we could have picks 3&4 in the draft

offer a juicy contract to Dion Prestia, yes it's unlikely he will even consider leaving the suns, but I am pretty sure he is OOC at the end of next year, and would become a free agent, he's grown up a demon supporter, comes from a family of demon supporters, 5 years and good dollars to come home and play for the club he loves is not something to scoff at.

Dylan Shiel to me looks a bloke who is ready to start winning games off his own boot, we had a massive dig last year and very nearly got our man, I am very confident we will again and will be right in the mix to land Dylan

Patrick Dangerfield, Unlikely but a legitimate Superstar, Victorian lad, would a massive pay day and good contract get his attention?

we could offer the crows a deal such as pick 4 and Jimmy Toumpas to land a fully fledged superstar

Jeremy Cameron, All Australian at 19, OOC next season, worth a massive offer in my opinion, could form a potential premiership combination up front with Jesse Hogan and be a key pillar in our long term planning, Would pick 3 and 4 land us, Cameron and Shiel?

Adam Tommlinson, might amuse some people on here but I think he's a super talent, I seem him emerging in the way Lynch at the suns has, has an amazing work rate, good hands and I think he could become a very difficult forward to stop for opposition teams in the future, could probably land him for less than a first round pick also

I reckon if we can net a couple of the above we will be in a great position going forward

I'd like to see the side line up in 2015 as

Grimes Dunn Garland

Vince Mcdonald Jetta

Shiel N.Jones Watts

Howe Hogan Tommlinson

Petracca Dawes JKH

Jamar Trengove Tyson

Viney, Toumpas, Cross

Salem

Edited by Mike Nolan

offer a juicy contract to Dion Prestia, yes it's unlikely he will even consider leaving the suns, but I am pretty sure he is OOC at the end of next year, and would become a free agent, he's grown up a demon supporter, comes from a family of demon supporters, 5 years and good dollars to come home and play for the club he loves is not something to scoff at.

Dylan Shiel to me looks a bloke who is ready to start winning games off his own boot, we had a massive dig last year and very nearly got our man, I am very confident we will again and will be right in the mix to land Dylan

Patrick Dangerfield, Unlikely but a legitimate Superstar, Victorian lad, would a massive pay day and good contract get his attention?

we could offer the crows a deal such as pick 4 and Jimmy Toumpas to land a fully fledged superstar

Jeremy Cameron, All Australian at 19, OOC next season, worth a massive offer in my opinion, could form a potential premiership combination up front with Jesse Hogan and be a key pillar in our long term planning, Would pick 3 and 4 land us, Cameron and Shiel?

Adam Tommlinson, might amuse some people on here but I think he's a super talent, I seem him emerging in the way Lynch at the suns has, has an amazing work rate, good hands and I think he could become a very difficult forward to stop for opposition teams in the future, could probably land him for less than a first round pick also

I reckon if we can net a couple of the above we will be in a great position going forward

Grimes Dunn Garland

Vince Mcdonald Jetta

Shiel N.Jones Watts

Howe Hogan Tommlinson

Petracca Dawes JKH

Jamar Trengove Tyson

Viney, Toumpas, Cross

Salem

Even ONE of them would do us wonders. I agree with every word you say.

Grimes Dunn Garland

Vince Mcdonald Jetta

Shiel N.Jones Watts

Howe Hogan Tommlinson

Petracca Dawes JKH

Jamar Trengove Tyson

Viney, Toumpas, Cross

Salem

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/prestia-signs-new-deal-with-gold-coast-20130604-2nmqn.html%C2'> 2016... this time next year, (2015) is Imo the time to have serious chats to both Danger, & Prestia

• Like 1

4 and 5 for Dangerfield is spot on. He's a top 10 player in the competition.

Assuming we finish somewhere between 15 and 12 and that Frawley leaves we will have 2 picks in the 4-8 range.

Players picked between 4-8:

2008: Hartlett, Hurley, Yarran, Rich, Vickery

2007: Morton, Grant, Myers, Palmer, Henderson

2006: Leuenberger, Boak, Thorp, Selwood, B.Reid

2005: J.Kennedy, Pendlebury, Dowler, Ryder, Oakleigh-Nicholls

2004: Tambling, Franklin, Williams, Lewis, Meesen

2003: Ray, Mclean, Bradley, Tenace, R.Clarke

You know at some point we will draft well and won't be so blasé about the coming draftpocalypse every year.

Trading in a proven AFL PROVEN superstar vs 2 POTENTIAL superstars.

People over-rate picks. I'd trade 4+5 in a heartbeat for an AFL proven superstar. Anyone who wouldn't hasn't learnt anything from the past 7-8 years. We've had more top draft picks than any club (bar expansion clubs) and still haven't landed a superstar. Just because a player is picked early doesn't guarantee he will be a star. Look at the previous #1 picks; Gibbs, Kreuzer, Watts, Scully, Swallow, Patton. None are stars, in fact none are anything better than B grade at this stage. If the draft were done again today, none of them would be taken top 5. It's luck of the draw, and if you have the opportunity to trade in a superstar, you do it.

A top 5 pick is where you get the talent, or where you should, in the AFL Teenage Draft Lottery. Giving away two top 5 picks for Dangerfield is tacitly saying that we cannot pick or develop the right talent and while I would gladly see both being traded for an established star - I would like to see the trade be more balanced than 4 and 5 for Dangerfield.

• Like 1

Didnt someone say here not long ago Adam Tomlinson wants to join the dees to play with his close mate Dom Tyson.

Someone did say that...from what I hear he does want to come home. Whether that means he wants to play at Melbourne I don't know.

Is John Butcher one that Roos could turn around?

Top 10 draft pick that just hasn't seemed to come one...

Possibly a worse kick than anyone in our current team, which puts things quickly into perspective.

Attacks the balls well and has good hands, but, we cannot carry anyone else with poor disposal.

• Like 1

yeah Jack Riewoldt.... lets spend all that money on a mentally weak clown that wont help our midfield one bit

Hogan will be twice as good as him and will be an inspirational leader as a bonus

We will target gun mids and rightly so

The sky must be falling - you're talking some sense for once, h_h.

Riewoldt would be a poor choice to pursue. Sure he kicks goals but that's all he really does, and he is mentally weak as well as a sook.

Shoring up the midfield is the way to go, with a young, prospective key position player as the icing on the cake.

• Like 1

Not sure where to put this one but here is as good as any.

I was really impressed with Steele Sidebottom's leadership in the GC game the other day. When Grundy was in a contest that ended up with him into the fence, maybe with a bit of undue force maybe just part of the contest (can't remember the GC player might have been May). Grundy got up and made a run at the GC player to remonstrate but before he got there Sidebottom ran in and bumped him away (good hip & shoulder down the middle) then calmed him down. It could have got ugly and cost him weeks or at a minimum a free kick.

Now that's what I call onfield leadership.

• Like 1

A good mature age pick up would be little known, Brett Eddie.

Was about to go to collingwood in 2011 but did his knee.. Leading the goal kicking in SANFL..

http://www.triplem.com.au/adelaide/sport/afl/news/2014/7/around-the-grounds-highlight-brett-eddy-slots-one-from-50m-out-on-the-boundary/

Kicks them from everywhere and loves a mark!

Would be a good pick up!

• Like 1

Not sure where to put this one but here is as good as any.

I was really impressed with Steele Sidebottom's leadership in the GC game the other day. When Grundy was in a contest that ended up with him into the fence, maybe with a bit of undue force maybe just part of the contest (can't remember the GC player might have been May). Grundy got up and made a run at the GC player to remonstrate but before he got there Sidebottom ran in and bumped him away (good hip & shoulder down the middle) then calmed him down. It could have got ugly and cost him weeks or at a minimum a free kick.

Now that's what I call onfield leadership.

It was May.

Has a glass jaw, so going by the "punishment according to end result" strategy of the MRP, he'd have got 8 weeks.

Great move by Sidebottom and even better smarts to read the situation.

• Like 1

A good mature age pick up would be little known, Brett Eddie.

Was about to go to collingwood in 2011 but did his knee.. Leading the goal kicking in SANFL..

http://www.triplem.com.au/adelaide/sport/afl/news/2014/7/around-the-grounds-highlight-brett-eddy-slots-one-from-50m-out-on-the-boundary/

Kicks them from everywhere and loves a mark!

Would be a good pick up!

I refer to posts 23 & 24 of the below thread.

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36069-wafl-2014-players-to-watch/

Just so it's know that you're not the only one who's been looking at him. An exciting prospect indeed!

• Like 1

It was May.

Has a glass jaw, so going by the "punishment according to end result" strategy of the MRP, he'd have got 8 weeks.

Great move by Sidebottom and even better smarts to read the situation.

Very smart move 'Machsy' and I'd forgotten about May's Campbell jaw.

Here is the latest free agency (FA) list I could find:

http://www.footyjunkie.com.au/lists/2014-afl-free-agent-list/

Overall not too many interest me aside from the obvious in retaining Frawley - he is clearly the most attractive player for any club and if we do lose him we can presume we will be well compensated.

Although of that remaining list I wouldn't mind keeping an eye on Boyd. Whether Frawley is retained or lost (and Boyd is delisted) I wouldn't mind seeing a similar approach to that of Cross with the offer of a small short-term contract with the possibility of an extension based on performance milestones. I believe he still plays excellent football and would certainly help our severe midfield depth issue while we wait for our youngsters mature.

I refer to posts 23 & 24 of the below thread.

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36069-wafl-2014-players-to-watch/

Just so it's know that you're not the only one who's been looking at him. An exciting prospect indeed!

Yep my mail is that he can play, and in reference to other posters re John Butcher he is currently behind One JUICE NEWTON on the goal kicking tally.

The tally of 50 for Eddy is good playing mainly Full Forward, Butcher also plays mainly Full forward. Juice currently is third I think on the SANFL Goalkicking list playing as a floating tall between Full Forward and CHF.

Ah, I believe as I have said in previous threads, Juice may be on several clubs shortlists as might Eddy and Butcher!

Ok GO AHEAD start sledging me all you posters !!!!

Edited by picket fence